Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Today Plu said he will present his Olimpic programs on Oct 4 in "Opera on Ice" show, St Petersburg. http://vk.com/operaonice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SI0A...layer_embedded on press conference yesterday. his look is fantatsic, unbelievable young and relaxed.
    Last edited by lala; 09-20-2013 at 07:11 AM.

vCash
    Plushenko News_Eng ‏@PlushenkoNews 1h

"The Czar's last stand" (interview with Plushenko by Tatjana Flade) - scanned IFS magazine, October 2013:

http://www.plushycnfanclub.org/forum...n3q1q97d1f.jpg
    http://www.plushycnfanclub.org/forum...riqkkzz7uh.jpg
    http://www.plushycnfanclub.org/forum...m96w655bw9.jpg

YEAH!
    vCash
    OMG... bone scratching on bone, breaking in his new back as well as his new skates... he was about to quit, and now he's landing quads again. No one could do what he's doing now. What a warrior.

vCash
    Keeping my fingers crossed, to avoid any jinxes, mishaps. Go Plushy Go!

vCash
    Russia_Japan_ ‏@Russia_Japan_ 5h

Great @EvgeniPlushenko 's poster by amazing fans! POWER PASSION PERFECTION PLUSHENKO → http://evgeni-plushenko.com ---> http://twitpic.com/ded3qt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post
    Plushenko News_Eng ‏@PlushenkoNews 1h

"The Czar's last stand" (interview with Plushenko by Tatjana Flade) - scanned IFS magazine, October 2013:

http://www.plushycnfanclub.org/forum...n3q1q97d1f.jpg
    http://www.plushycnfanclub.org/forum...riqkkzz7uh.jpg
    http://www.plushycnfanclub.org/forum...m96w655bw9.jpg

Thank you so very much, lala, for all that you do in regards to our fav, Mr. Plushenko! It is much much appreciated.

This article was F A B U L O U S!!!!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOO ZHENYA, YOU CAN DO IT!

vCash
    Plushenko News_Eng ‏@PlushenkoNews 21 Sep

(complete translation) Evgeni Plushenko: Yana promised me that after the Olympics will give birth to another baby!: http://evgeni-plushenko.com/forum/vi...p=79908#p79915 and the video on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drte_m1TiqA

Short translation of Plushenko's press-conference 19.09.2013 (about his new programs, plans, new book...) http://evgeni-plushenko.com/forum/vi...p=79917#p79917

"Olympic champion Evgeni Plushenko began work on a book about his life in professional sport
    According to Evgeni Plushenko, he's going to "reveal a lot of secrets" that can not be opened during sports career. After Sochi he will not "hang the skates", but he will perform in the show-programs, in the genre of ballet on ice.
    "I would like to share some thoughts on how to overcome adversity, and force the body to work when it is particularly difficult, as has happened to me after a complicated spinal surgery", - said the skater. Unlike his the first autobiography book "Another Show", published in 2007, a new book will be much more rigid and devoid of complementarity ("the first was affectionate, gentle"). There will be a lot of unknowns and educational stories. However, assured Plushenko, "there will not be nastiness".

(latest interview) Evgeni Plushenko: "With my wife, I've been seeing over the phone!" http://evgeni-plushenko.com/forum/vi...p=79918#p79918

..." - Now in Russian figure skating is difficult situation. The glory of our skaters faded. What should do to change this?
    - The issue is complex. In my opinion, figure skating has now improved, compared to the situation that was five years ago. Then, there was nobody. Yes, and funding "limping". Now remains to small-athletes, only to skate well.
    To the question, how to change the current situation, I will answer in my book which I already started to write. With "literary works" I'll be more interested after the Olympic Games. Drafts I started: believe me, this book will reveal many mysteries and secrets, about what fans have no idea. I decided to write, through what I went after the surgery. How to come out to practice, and the body quite did not want to work. Hands and feet did not listen my head. And about those, who has been around, but it is - a separate topic for conversation.

- Your first book was very "sweet", will be differ new?
    - Of course, it will be rigid. Then I had some doubts - whether to disclose certain facts. Managers are not advised, saying: "You have a whole life in front of you in the sport, let's wait!". Now I finally decided. After that, I definitely finishing my career. There are stories of life, which I think will hook people. Because through it, passed each person. Let's just say, that the first book was very gentle, compared to what I 'm going to write now."

"@yanarudkovskaya: Thanks to godfather @bilanofficial for renewed wardrobe! I promise to be fashionable & obedient) http://instagram.com/p/eh1i-YFSCF/# "

Plushenko News_Eng ‏@PlushenkoNews 23 Sep

RT @gusack90: With Evgeni Plushenko @ Sports Complex "Yubileynyy" http://instagram.com/p/emupSGhlyw/#

Violeta Finka ‏@VioletaFinka:
    https://twitter.com/VioletaFinka/status ... 6145667074

Сам @EvgeniPlushenko вчера в Рижском аэропорту стоял в метре от меня .. жалко одно, подойти смелости не хватило. (Sam @ EvgeniPlushenko yesterday at the Riga airport was a meter away from me .. sorry for one, did not have the courage to approach.)

vCash
    Love it!

I'm most interested in the book he's working on. Seriously, I want to know his secret for mental toughness first & foremost and how to overcome adversity, et al. He would make a great motivational speaker at events (along with Mr. Mishin).

vCash
    I hope there would be some English translation of it. Seems like a long shot.

vCash
    Oh, God! I'm waiting for dirty secrets from backstage.

vCash
    http://twitpic.com/dewd0s to this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drte_m1TiqA

his first "sweet" book http://www.mediafire.com/?z9ziocao3m3a1 ----"Another show "

He was really sweet, he didn't name the older skaters in the Mishin's group, who hurted Plushy, having arrived in St. Petersburg.

"I was 10 years old and I participated in the Cup of Russia. After the competition we were sitting with the boys in the hotel playing cards. I won and the elder ones were embittered, so one of them decided to command me:
    - Go and bring me something to drink.
    I didn’t want to serve anybody and refused:
    - It’s you who need it, - take it yourself. And I am going to play.
    At the same time someone was boiling water in the same room. One of the boys took the hot kettle from the ring and put it on my arm. This sportsman’s hand did not even tremble – as if he was not burning a human being, but putting the kettle on a board. I cried out of pain. On my arm there immediately appeared a blood blister. The pain was hellish.
    I rushed out of the room, run along the corridor and cried. There was pain. I cried not out of pain, but out of insult, that someone could do such a thing and the others did not even defend me.

p.35

Running along the corridor I met my choreographer Tatyana Mihaylovna.
    - Zhenya, what has happened?
    I was holding my arm. She drew away my hand and saw the swollen, inflamed wound. She immediately understood everything and went to talk with the seniors, who had done this.

In this way I met humiliation for the first time in my life. Then it seemed to me that it was only a coincidence and it would never happen again. I was wrong, everything had just started. When I went to Peter I was eleven years old. I was the youngest of Mishin’s sportsmen. I trained together with Urmanov, Yagudin, Novoseltzev, Tataurov and others.

In Volgograd I experienced no humiliation at all. The cruel, even merciless coach Makoveev insisted on an iron discipline. There was no way that the elders could commit outrages on the younger.
    It was not so in Peter. The younger were humiliated and commanded. The elders showed off all the time that for them everything was allowed.
    The elder skaters hat a company welcome : when the young were taught, they were beaten with the skate guards on their body and from the hit there remained on their skin the label “Nike”. Also they could throw the skate at you or beat you with the sporting shoes on the head.
    If you by chance stood in the way of the senior sportsmen when he jumped, there was always a punishment for you. They would either beat you or humiliate you.
    Before the training I went to the changing room to change. Every sportsman had a locker, where he put his clothes, the skates, the sport uniform. I opened the door and saw that there were seniors inside.

p.36

I greeted them. They assumed an air as if they had not heard me.
    - Go out, then enter again and greet.
    I did this.
    - We did not hear how you greeted us.
    I entered a third time and shouted:
    - Hello!
    - Why are you shouting? You have to be punished.
    They determined a punishment : ten hits on the head. But they were not satisfied with that. They made the “Nike” sign. A bright print was left on my skin from the skate guard. The insult was stronger than the pain. Why? I rushed off from the changing room, hardly keeping back my tears.
    Then I understood why the seniors are behaving in such a way. I had come from the country, I was only eleven, but I appeared to be a perspective sportsman – at this age I could jump all the triple jumps, I was learning continuously new things, grasped everything instantly. They understood that later it would be complicated for them, I would grow up, overpass them and become the first. Actually it happened so.

Mom arrived for the first time. Before her arrival I had had much to endure from the seniors – I was beaten with the sport shoes on the head. My head split. We went to the station with Tanya Ermachek, with whom we had come from Volgograd half an year before.
    Mom came out of the train and looked at me carefully:
    - Why are you so pale?
    - I have a headache.
    - What has happened?
    I decided not to confess. But then Tanya spoke:
    - The seniors beat him.
    - Why?

p.37

- For nothing. They have beaten him with the sport shoes on the head.
    Till mom’s arrival I had no defenders. At this time Alexey Nikolaevich Mishin had many sportsmen, he had also other urgent things to do. He had no time to care of what was happening in the changing room. Urmanov had already become an Olympic champion, Yagudin was growing up and the coach set great hopes on him. Mishin cared of what was happening on the ice, he needed results. He rarely looked in the changing room.
    I was the youngest one and it was early to be said whether I would turn out to be a champion or not.
    It is true, once the seniors had to endure from Mishin too. Alexey Nikolaevich came to our changing room just by chance and saw me crying. Next to me were robust senior skaters, who were laughing in their sleeve.
    - Who has insulted him?- there were iron notes in Mishin’s voice.
    All were silent.
    - If I find out who has committed outrages at him, this sportsman will be out of my team.
    So they got off my back for a while.

Once in the changing room one of the famous sportsmen and already with a title was eating pistachio. He carefully collected the shells in a box. I was sitting in the corner lacing my shoes. Before he went out of the changing room he said to me:
    - Take these away!
    - I will not!
    - You know what will happen if you don’t, - said he and went out skating.
    I waited till all the skaters dressed and the changing room was empty. Then I put the garbage behind the lockers.

p.38

The training finished. The one with the pistachio went back in the changing room, saw that everything was cleaned and praised me.
    On the morning the cleaning woman came and saw the garbage.
    - What is this? – she scolded our titled sportsman like a small boy,- You are a grown up sportsman and you do such things! Aren’t you ashamed!
    After this I had terrible time with this boy.

For some years I was the youngest one. And all these years the changing room was for me a dungeon cell – with its cruel laws and chieftains.
    Sometimes one sportsman told another one:
    - Listen, Plush called you stupid behind your back.
    - Not at all ! I did not say that!
    But no one was listening to me. The hits on the forehead and on the back of my neck were usual. Sometimes, to have fun, the seniors hid my sporting shoes. Sometimes they did incredible things: an eighteen year old sportsman could hit me with his foot in my stomach. I writhed with pain, waited till the pain passed and went out on the ice.

The only sportsman, who never allowed himself to raise hand on the younger, commit outrages at them, was Sasha Abt. He had grown up on the street and then suffered outrages much. He went through humiliation himself and managed to become a class sportsman. Abt always defended me and the other youngers.
    But Sasha lived and trained in Moscow and we met only at sbors. There I felt more confident, because I was under his defense and I was very sorry that we lived in different cities.

I go out after training, choking with tears.
    - Zhenya, what has happened?

p.39
    - Nothing, mom, I have just pinched my thumb in the door.
    I told mom about the outrages only in extreme cases, out of despair.
    Once she came in the changing room :
    - You have strength and conscience to beat the youngest one. Well, beat me too, then!
    All laughed at her.

There was no point to strike back. They were many, elder and stronger. I tried to be the first one in the changing room, to change quickly and go out on the ice. I skated till everyone had gone home, so that I did not make anyone nervous.
    Those, who were offending me, told me edifyingly:
    - Plush, don’t be afraid, you will grow up, then you can strike back on us.
    - Yes, I will grow up and it will be very bad for you!
    But gradually we got accustomed to one another. I started giving real results, winning European and World championships. The seniors accepted me in their pack.

Then so happened that the seniors ended their sport career, scattered to different shows and to other countries. In the Palace of sport only the youth remained.
    I grew up. I don’t bear a grudge towards anybody and did never take revenge.
    It is true, when I was insulted, I got very angry. And because of this anger I made ten times more than it was required. All the time I wanted to prove, that I was stronger, that it was not easy to break me.
    When I was accepted as an equal one, I told my ex-enemies:
    - Boys, thank you, I grew up thanks to you, you gave me so much strength.

p.40

Later, we had never remembered the humiliation, but with many of the sportsmen became friends. Now we do shows together, we can go to play bowling or billiard.

I promised myself, that when I grew up, I would never be like my seniors. I remember very well how I cried out of pain and insult, injustice and helplessness. But I became a good sportsman and never humiliated anybody. I always considered such a behaviour a display of weakness.
    Now I know for sure that in Petersburg there is no humiliation in figure skating."

vCash
    Lala,

This is so interesting to read! Poor little Zhenya. He endured so much! It made him stronger, but still the behavior of the senior skaters was unconscionable, and I wish the coaches had controlled them better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Lala,

This is so interesting to read! Poor little Zhenya. He endured so much! It made him stronger, but still the behavior of the senior skaters was unconscionable, and I wish the coaches had controlled them better.

My heart goes out to the little boy who never quit in spite of being mercilessly bullied. And we wondered how he got so mentally tough?!

YEAH!
    vCash
    That is so awful, poor little Plushy. I like to think of skating as a genteel sport, so that was depressing to read. I always did like Alexander Abt. I was very touched by Abt protecting him and the stories of Mishin and his mom defending him when they could. I bet Mishin didn't know the extent of what was going on (I'd call it physical abuse, not just bullying) because Plush put on such a brave front when he was out on the ice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ItalianFan View Post
    My heart goes out to the little boy who never quit in spite of being mercilessly bullied. And we wondered how he got so mentally tough?!
    That toughness must have been inherent. Most others would have either quit or crumbled in their performances. Plush did neither. He became even stronger.

From what I am reading- did Urmanov abuse him? Urmanov seemed like such a gentle person.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    That toughness must have been inherent. Most others would have either quit or crumbled in their performances. Plush did neither. He became even stronger.

From what I am reading- did Urmanov abuse him? Urmanov seemed like such a gentle person.
    No, I think the relationship between Urmanov and Plushy is pretty good. I think when Plushy was young, sometimes Urmanov would drive him for training (of some sort). In the book Plushy only mentioned once that Urmanov was teasing him a bit (but I think it was quite fondly) by saying his fans should ask Plushy to sign for them because Plushy will be the future champion (Plushy was around 14 years old I think).

And I come cross interviews in the past years by Urmanov, he always says nice things about Plush. On Mishin's 70th birthday show, you can clearly see these two are bonded well.

vCash
    I agree with yaya124, Zhenya has *always* said nice things about Urmanov, always, so I know he wasn't part of that ugly senior group.

I love the excerpts, thanks for providing them lala. A glimpse into the legend's soul...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yaya124 View Post
    No, I think the relationship between Urmanov and Plushy is pretty good. I think when Plushy was young, sometimes Urmanov would drive him for training (of some sort). In the book Plushy only mentioned once that Urmanov was teasing him a bit (but I think it was quite fondly) by saying his fans should ask Plushy to sign for them because Plushy will be the future champion (Plushy was around 14 years old I think).

And I come cross interviews in the past years by Urmanov, he always says nice things about Plush. On Mishin's 70th birthday show, you can clearly see these two are bonded well.
    Quote Originally Posted by NadineWhite View Post
    I agree with yaya124, Zhenya has *always* said nice things about Urmanov, always, so I know he wasn't part of that ugly senior group.

I love the excerpts, thanks for providing them lala. A glimpse into the legend's soul...
    I am relieved because I really liked Urmanov. He always seemed like such a nice guy. Glad to hear he had a nice friendship with Plushy.

vCash
    Can anyone help me? I wanted to remove one of my posts. I wrote to admins...But nothing has changed...
    Last edited by lala; 09-28-2013 at 12:41 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post
    Can anyone helps me? I wanted to remove one of my posts. I wrote to admins...But nothing has changed...
    If it's not too late to edit the post, you can simply use edit, then delete all the content, and write 'deleted post'.

If it's too late to edit it, I am sorry. Only the admins may be able to help you, and I don't know if even they can.

Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast