Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Skater Plushenko seeks top finish at Sochi

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...67b00.a1&hl=en

And ofc, started American's bashing - they had to add the AFP agency news their own "observations"

http://olympictalk.nbcsports.com/201...ympics-russia/

Can you see the difference?
    Last edited by lala; 08-28-2013 at 07:23 PM.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Nice to see some English-speaking media about him!

"If everything goes all right the Sochi Olympics will be my curtain-closing event. And every figure skating lover would be able to see his own Plushenko there -- the 18-year-old, the 25-year-old and, finally, today's Plushenko. We decided that it would be an original move and a spectacular finish to my career."
    I'm kind of looking forward to this now, even though I still miss the Saint-Saens LP. I wonder what he'll use for his 18 year old program. He has a good perspective on life and his career.

He should have a backup plan if he misses CoR. Someone said in the other forum that he needs to achieve the mininum score again. The one from 2012 is too old. He can make the Olympic score at Euros, but he needs to make the Euros score at an international. Please Plush and Mishin be on top of the rules this year...

vCash
    A thought just occurred to me. Is there anyone on Plushy's team that keeps track of ALL the rules and regulations? I don't mean just the scoring system. My feeling is that neither Plush nor Mishin is into rules, or they are so entrenched into the old rules (again, not just the scoring system) that they may have difficulty keeping up. It may be smart to get on their team that is well versed in this area- whether that person knows much about the techniques in FS or not. I just hope he does not miss out on the opportunity to skate and do well in Sochi just because they missed out on one minor detail.

vCash
    I posted this NBC article in the GSD forum, but decided to post here also.

I am so excited to see a possible comeback from Plushenko! I really hope he stays healthy this season and does a great job competing in Sochi.

vCash
    There isnt any depth in Russian mens skating but Russia certainly didn't help its case by sending a jr who got 5th place in Russian nationals to worlds lol. So now there is only one spot - plushenko's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    There isnt any depth in Russian mens skating but Russia certainly didn't help its case by sending a jr who got 5th place in Russian nationals to worlds lol. So now there is only one spot - plushenko's.
    In retrospect, sending Kovtun to worlds last year seems like a blunder. They must have overestimated him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    In retrospect, sending Kovtun to worlds last year seems like a blunder. They must have overestimated him.
    They did overestimate him! They also certainly underestimated the whole time difference in free skates. It's 30 seconds longer in seniors and that mentally harmed in EUros with the 4 combos for some reason? and Physically in worlds with the total physical collapse. So now Russia has one spot and it's all their fault.

vCash
    A thought just occurred to me. Is there anyone on Plushy's team that keeps track of ALL the rules and regulations? I don't mean just the scoring system. My feeling is that neither Plush nor Mishin is into rules, or they are so entrenched into the old rules (again, not just the scoring system) that they may have difficulty keeping up. It may be smart to get on their team that is well versed in this area- whether that person knows much about the techniques in FS or not. I just hope he does not miss out on the opportunity to skate and do well in Sochi just because they missed out on one minor detail.
    I think they do as even in Vancouver he reached level 4 in spins. Level 3 in steps. How can you reach levels if you dont know the rules? A big problem is proper program design to maximize values. Plushenko has gone back to 3 jump combo. But they always knew of the existence of three jump combos. But maybe they learned 3-2-2 were allowed after Vancouver. Or they didn't want to do anything but 4-3-2. Stubbornness was a big problem. Old system talk? Get over old system talk!! Ignoring 2008 2009 worlds was wrong.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Or they didn't want to do anything but 4-3-2. Stubbornness was a big problem. Old system talk? Get over old system talk!! Ignoring 2008 2009 worlds was wrong.
    Ugh don't get me started on that... why couldn't he have stuck a 2loop somewhere in there. Two time freaking Olympic gold medalist he would be. I think he thought doing a quad after two quadless winners was enough, and I do think his Vancouver performances were enough, but he should have seen the writing on the wall after the SP. His problem was in his mind, if Lysacek doesn't land the quad and the quad guys don't skate clean, I do one quad; if someone goes clean with a quad then I do the second quad. But he didn't need another quad, just needed to add a 2loop to one of his jumps... oh the poor planning makes me insane.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Ugh don't get me started on that... why couldn't he have stuck a 2loop somewhere in there. Two time freaking Olympic gold medalist he would be. I think he thought doing a quad after two quadless winners was enough, and I do think his Vancouver performances were enough, but he should have seen the writing on the wall after the SP. His problem was in his mind, if Lysacek doesn't land the quad and the quad guys don't skate clean, I do one quad; if someone goes clean with a quad then I do the second quad. But he didn't need another quad, just needed to add a 2loop to one of his jumps... oh the poor planning makes me insane.
    I don't think he's ever been asked not just why he didn't Didnt do 3 jump combo at the Olympics but never did one that whole season anywhere?!? Not at COr, Russian nats, euros anywhere?? Did he really think he would fall or ur it?

YEAH!
    vCash
    I don't think he's ever been asked not just why he didn't Didnt do 3 jump combo at the Olympics but never did one that whole season anywhere?!? Not at COr, Russian nats, euros anywhere?? Did he really think he would fall or ur it?
    I know, right? The guy is practicing 3axel-4toe and forgets the 3-2-2... I don't think anyone ever asked but I was so happy when Camerlango acknowledged in one of the articles that Plushy knew that had been a mistake so hopefully it won't happen again. He shouldn't have been thinking in that linear quad/no quad manner but making sure he milked all the points then added the quad. The other ****ed up thing was at Nationals that year he popped his first 3axel so he ended up doing the 3axel in the second half of the program. So his "mistake" program actually could've had a higher base value than his planned program. He easily could've moved one or two of his easier triples right after the halfway point... didn't someone say that his last jump in his program was actually later than Lysacek's last jump, only Lysacek had more jumps in the second half? I hate that CoP is more about who can crunch numbers than who has the ability, but it's on Plushy/Mishin for not having an expert give him some options for layouts that maximized points.

vCash
    I know, right? The guy is practicing 3axel-4toe and forgets the 3-2-2... I don't think anyone ever asked but I was so happy when Camerlango acknowledged in one of the articles that Plushy knew that had been a mistake so hopefully it won't happen again. He shouldn't have been thinking in that linear quad/no quad manner but making sure he milked all the points then added the quad. The other ****ed up thing was at Nationals that year he popped his first 3axel so he ended up doing the 3axel in the second half of the program. So his "mistake" program actually could've had a higher base value than his planned program. He easily could've moved one or two of his easier triples right after the halfway point... didn't someone say that his last jump in his program was actually later than Lysacek's last jump, only Lysacek had more jumps in the second half? I hate that CoP is more about who can crunch numbers than who has the ability, but it's on Plushy/Mishin for not having an expert give him some options for layouts that maximized points.
    Because plushenkos program was structured the way it was he didn't start jumps at exactly 2:15 like everyone else but actually later so he had jumps later but fewer jumps with bonus because he was not 3/5. And he was the only one who did two quad triples so a double loop "meaningless!" I guess. Should have been right but wasn't. Just goes to show you really must follow the trends in what's getting most value!! not something like if someone isn't doing a quad They're leaving points on the table when they actually weren't!! So followIng rules and trends is of the utmost importance !

This also means new sp rule of halfway point bonus! So he should be like most and have 2/1 jump layout in his sp!

YEAH!
    vCash
    Oh yeah I forgot about the new SP halfway bonus. It really doesn't make sense to me if the idea is you get more points for doing jumps after the 2:15 mark in the LP when you're so tired. The SP is less than 3 minutes anyway, so nobody should be all that winded by 1:25 or whatever the cutoff is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post
    Skater Plushenko seeks top finish at Sochi

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...67b00.a1&hl=en

And ofc, started American's bashing - they had to add the AFP agency news their own "observations"

Can you see the difference?
    Sorry, but I can't see any bashing. The article is different but the information is the same.

vCash
    Oh yeah I forgot about the new SP halfway bonus. It really doesn't make sense to me if the idea is you get more points for doing jumps after the 2:15 mark in the LP when you're so tired. The SP is less than 3 minutes anyway, so nobody should be all that winded by 1:25 or whatever the cutoff is.
    Logically it does not make sense since the SP is only 2:40 min long. However, we often see skaters doing their jumps & jump combinations first, then relax rest of the way in the SP. Quite possibly the ISU wants to encourage them to spread the jumps across.

I still don't like the rule. Too many rules ruin programs. JMO.

vCash
    Unfortunately I don't like Mishin and Plushenko's approach when it comes to the rules and I really hope it is not the same that some of his fans have, "rules are stupid, let's ignore them".
    Plushy's teams (and espeacially Mishin) also did mistakes in 2002, before the Olys, but in 2006 everything went well. Maybe this year will be a good year too, 2012 and 2013 LP were already improved compared to the 2010 one. Actually SP scares me more than the LP because in 2010 Evgeni lost a lot of points in the SP. Short Program is very important, as we all have seen this year at Worlds.
    I can't belive they don't have/can't find an expert, they could ask a fan to help them, there are a lot of FS followers who know the rules very, very well.

vCash
    There's no retrospect. The guy was FIFTH at Russian Nationals. Logic says send Plushenko, Voronov, and Menshov to Euros and then let them decide about Worlds. Not, skip the third and fourth places guys entirely for an unproven Junior...

vCash
    It was Tarasova politicking, , I don't think the Federation trusted him more than they were trusting Voronov or Menshov.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciocio View Post
    It was Tarasova politicking, , I don't think the Federation trusted him more than they were trusting Voronov or Menshov.
    If that's really the case, shame on Tarasova for not thinking of Russia's spots in the Sochi Olympics.

vCash
    I think it was amazing that Tarasova's politics was able to keep Kovtun out of the Russia Cup Final so he was never tested at all after Euros. From Euros to Worlds nothing. Gachinski, Voronov, Menshov were all the Russia cup final and Kovtun was allowed to skip it. LOL can Tarasova get Kovtun to the Olympics regardless of all results if Plushenko doesn't win and he's not second?

Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast