Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    vCash
    [QUOTE=Vash01;4139556]In less than 48 hours, the team competition begins. How exciting! Go Plushy![/QUOTE

Yea, for me the truth is that my eyes will be on Plushy more than any skater in the team event.

And I will be cheering wildly for "Grandpa" to succeed.

This is the last time to see such a great figure skating ICON - one many of us have watched since 1998 (and even earlier for some).

So I say:

Go Plushy

vCash
    Here is an article from nbc sports on Chan, Plushenko, and a few others. Chan has changed his tune. He said- Plushenko deserves to be in the Olympics.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/news/patr...his-spot-sochi

having a nice day
    vCash
    Well.isn't that special. Shut up and skate patrick. :-P
    Have a nice day!

vCash
    http://translate.google.rs/translate...-sochi-foto%2F

Evgeni Plushenko arrived in Sochi

Evgeni Plushenko
    Photo: Starface

When coming into town for the competition, have time to walk around the city? In Sochi, have a favorite place?

Often in different cities, but mostly I see Sports Palace and hotel. More bath - it is necessary for me to recuperate. So I certainly go after the competition in the steam room, no matter what: Russian bath or Finnish sauna. In Sochi, I have many friends. We drove into the mountains - there is recreation center with a great bath, after which you jump into the deep mountain stream. More in Sochi, when time permits, I go to a club in Krasnaya Polyana and go skiing.

Many athletes in the Russian regions open children's schools, share their experience with youth. Do you plan to?

Thought about it. But I can not do anything bad. If open their skating school, then you need to do it a lot and do not belong to myself: always be there, follow all the rules, technical equipment for children to fulfill all the conditions. At the time, made mistakes: give your name schools, and they worked a month and closed. But the idea of ​​open schools ponder.

You choose costumes for performances? A wardrobe for everyday life who forms?

Of course, I am taking part in the selection of costumes for performances. One hundred per cent. As for the personal wardrobe, I like comfortable clothes. I have and trendy clothes, but for the brands do not chase. My wardrobe is very large and he bought, and Jana (Rudkovskaja wife athlete. - Note. "Aerials") selects things for me, and have assistants who help pick up. But now almost all the time in a tracksuit. When during the day continuous training, so convenient.

Do you believe in omens? Do you have a mascot?

Believe in omens, but I try to get rid of this. I am a believer, my talisman - pectoral cross.

What is going to do after completing his sports career?

You've already write off? In fact, I would like to devote more time to family. Son of a year, I'll deal with it. And still I dream about her daughter, even two. Always wanted a big family. I have now under construction house, so all places missing. In no hurry to become a coach, because life and rode belonged to himself. Want after the amateur career finally be with my family. But still I will ride. Immediately after the Olympics begin my tour "show champions and friends" - 40 cities in Russia and abroad.

What is your favorite dish? When sports loadings Can diet?

I omnivorous. But actually I have a diet - useful products. In the championship of Russia before the short program ate a piece of meat and did it well. And before the demonstration performances almost daily ate nothing - can, so the result is released. I did not have enough silenok.

http://translate.google.rs/translate...ews%2F40726%2F

Plushenko skips training
    Figure skating

Yesterday Turin Olympic champion Yevgeny Plushenko 2006 fans intrigued by the Russian national team, and was not going to try ice Sochi, although was listed in the schedule of two workouts. Instead, the country's most winning skater walked in the Olympic Park.

Dmitry AFONIN, Vladas LASITSKAS
    of the Olympic Park

In the Olympic capital Plushenko arrived Monday evening. But understand, if he appears at the rink on Tuesday, it was not possible throughout the day. Olympic champion coach Alexei Mishin half an hour before the first lesson of the ward in Sochi, then schedule, talked about something peacefully at the entrance to the training center with an agent and choreographer skater. They regularly approached Western journalists - want good luck and asked about how things in Eugene. The company responded to all questions with enthusiasm and smiles.

Meanwhile, inside the arena crowd of photographers and journalists languishing in anticipation of the star. But the hour pereminaniya his feet so to what has not led - Plushenko at the stadium appeared. But the rink Mishin still looked and looked, as done by other, including one of the favorites of the tournament in men's figure skating Japanese Yuzuru Han are. After that venerable mentor attention and did not deprive the Russian press.

- For Eugene and the whole team that works with him performance at the Olympics - a great honor and a great responsibility - said Mishin. - Another great responsibility falls on the athlete if he stands in the team tournament. The first medal, which is played at the Games in this kind of program is very important and prestigious.

- One of the favorites of the current Games Yuzuru Han are located almost at the same age, in which Eugene spoke at his first Olympics. Now you can watch him workout. Noted something for yourself?

- I think that is the Han are an athlete who, like Eugene, will go down in the history of figure skating its remarkable. His unusual I see that he has virtually no set choreography. He dances himself. And this is his strength. Of course, I think that Eugene is also honorable and responsible compete with those athletes who will embody the future of figure skating. I see this kind of a good sign, because I know that many skaters on the world learned the technique, which owns Plushenko. That technique, which I created with his wife and his supporters. In this there is also some logic and dialectics of the development of figure skating.

- Yesterday at the airport seemed to Eugene on arrival in Sochi little tense. Is that so?

- You know, athletes coming to the Olympic Games, by definition, can not be relaxed and unstressed.

- Do you have a clear plan for the training process, or you are targeting as Eugene?

- We have a clear plan.

- What do you expect from the first workout? Hoping to see something important that in the future may decide the fate of the tournament?

- Our goal in training - lead athlete in a working condition. Nobody was surprised not to hit. Necessary to prepare the athlete to start.

- What are your impressions of the ice in the "Iceberg", given that Eugene spoke at this rink in the Russian Championship?

- I can say with authority that the ice in the "Iceberg" marvelous!

- You do not mind that he is replaced then the figure skating, then the short track?

- No, do not bother.

After a couple of hours and Plushenko himself was seen in the Olympic Village, where refused to comment, while exchanged a few words with his old friends - Alexei Yashin, genmenedzherom Hockey Russian women's team. An hour later, when it's time to schedule the second training skater, journalists reoccupied their original positions at the doors of training rink. But the second part of the operation, codenamed "Plushenko" failed. In response to the allegations in Eugene "Truancy" Occupation Mishin said that in this way can reason only those who do not support the Russian team.

It is fair to say that yesterday's workout, despite the closeness of the team tournament, missed almost all of our skaters. Later in the afternoon there was a message on the Internet from his wife Plushenko Yana `s, in which black and white it was written that Eugene originally workouts were planned only on Wednesday and Thursday. And in the last days of the already launched Olympic team tournament, which will open and Plushenko.

Dmitry AFONIN / / Vladas LASITSKAS 05/02/2014
    Dmitry AFONIN
    recent publications of the author
    Last edited by lala; 02-05-2014 at 05:59 AM.

vCash
    http://en.rsport.ru/olympics/20140127/718355570.html
    Sochi Form Guide: Last-Gasp Plushenko Jumps Aboard Russian Roster

Lori Ewing ‏@Ewingsports https://twitter.com/Ewingsports/status/ ... 3956442113
    Plushenko's jumps as big as ever, just landed a huge quad in practice.

https://twitter.com/LynnRutherford
    Plushenko landed strong triple Axel in practice; his run-thru coming up.
    Plushenko just squeaked out a quad, starting short program run thru now.
    Some things never change. Plushenko stood, blew his nose&stroked around aimlessly during runthru; a few stray 3toes & 4t3t at end
    One thing I've noticed: Plushenko is bigger in terms of weight & muscle than four years ago in Vancouver. #Sochi2014

https://twitter.com/NickMcCarvel/sta...075904/photo/1
    While #Hanyu does FS run-thru, #Plushenko literally hangs out. Then Yevgeny exits prac early, waving

https://twitter.com/andijoyce/status...514688/photo/1
    TrueSportsman: @EvanLysacek applauding former rival #YevgenyPlushenko at figs practice @NBCOlympics

Plushenko in training all done perfectly - Johnny Weir
    http://sochi2014.rsport.ru/sochi2014...720772624.html

Tatiana Tarasova: Not nervous before the first performance Plushenko (audio)
    http://www.sovsport.md/sochi/texts/text-item/681806

Evan Lysacek:
    "Plushenko looks even better than in Vancouver"
    http://www.sport-express.ru/olympic1...g/news/665866/
    "In my opinion, Eugene looks fine - started talking Lysacek. I would even say that externally it looks much better than four years ago in Vancouver. Not only in terms of muscle, by the way. I know what a ride home at such large events. It - your country, your ice and your audience. And a whole lot more serious corre t liability than when you ride in a foreign country. And I really want to see how Eugene will be performing."

Peter Liebers:
    "It was an honor to go out on the ice, "Iceberg", together with Evgeni Plushenko"
    http://itar-tass.com/sport/940545
    "Plushenko - a true professional, focused on what he was doing. He looked good on the ice, and I think it is worth waiting for a good performance - said Libers. - I am honored to go on the ice with him. Course, I was concentrating on its program, but managed to look like he rides. I can say that it is a great short program, as everything he did was done purely ".

Sharapova Defends Plushenko Choice for Sochi Olympics
    http://en.rsport.ru/olympics/20140205/720672546.html

U.S. Figure Skating ‏@USFigureSkating 6h

Kwan has a quick chat with Plushenko. https://twitter.com/USFigureSkating/...866944/photo/1

https://twitter.com/chihiRomangaart/...025984/photo/1
    Last edited by lala; 02-05-2014 at 03:29 PM.

vCash
    Great reports Lala! Thanks!

YEAH!
    vCash
    Fantastic!!! One more day!

vCash
    My pleasure Vash01

Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Fantastic!!! One more day!
    OMG! YES!! I'm nervous...

------------------

So cute! Sasha Plushenko http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc4mw...Gpws2Cg9ovw_7A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WISVr...Gpws2Cg9ovw_7A
    Last edited by lala; 02-05-2014 at 08:35 PM.

vCash
    This is a nice story with Mishin..

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...24453407653386

Tom Zakrajsek
    Packing a Parka for Sochi

As I gathered my belongings to pack for my trip to the Winter Olympic Games in Sochi with Italian Men's Figure Skating Competitor Paul Bonifacio Parkinson, it occurred to me to bring a heavy coat. The warmest one I have has a great story to go along with it and illustrates the kindness of the Russian people.

The Russians and their culture have been in the news a lot recently due to both the "anti-gay propaganda" law and the potential threat of a "Black Widow" bombing. Having visited Russia six times previously, I know firsthand these two stories are not a fair representation of the Russian people and quite frankly could be headlines in many other countries around the world, including certain parts of the USA.

My personal story about Russian kindness happened four years ago when I was traveling to Moscow for the Rostelecom Cup Grand Prix event with Agnes Zawadzki. My original flight from Colorado Springs to Denver was very late and even though I made the connecting flight to Frankfurt after sprinting the entire length of the B concourse at DIA, my suitcase did not. So when I arrived in Moscow and my bag was not on the carousel, I knew it wouldn't be there for at least a couple of days. Having boarded the plane in only a Nike windbreaker, I soon felt the icy cold temperatures of Moscow in November chilling my bones.

As anyone who has lost baggage overseas knows, it can be very challenging to overcome the language barrier and/or frustrating trying to track the arrival of the bag over the internet or by using only automated phone numbers. As I stood at the competition arrival desk in the lobby of the hotel asking someone from the local organizing committee to help translate the automated phone message, Professor Alexei Mishin overheard me telling my story. Now, of course we knew each other as colleagues, but beyond that we really didn't. He approached me, grabbed my arm and said, "Tom, come with me," and I followed him to the elevator.

Inside his hotel room he rummaged through his suitcase and produced a hat and sweater. Then he went to the closet and pulled his 2010 Russian Olympic Team parka off the hanger for me to try on. For the next few days I was in heaven. Not only did I have some very warm, "cool" clothes, one of my coaching idols had befriended me in a time of need and insisted I take some of his own warm clothes which he surely needed.

By the third day I had received my bag since someone from the LOC had personally driven me to the airport to get it only because Professor Mishin had asked them. After I unpacked, I called Mishin's room to return his clothes. He answered, but insisted I keep them. I was blown away and told him I couldn't. Over the course of the competition, I saw him many times and kept insisting he take his clothes back, especially the Olympic Team parka. Each time he said no, even insisting that I looked better in his clothes than he did.

Needless to say, I reluctantly accepted his generosity and to this day still wear that parka on the coldest Colorado days. As I settle into middle age, I appreciate what he did now more than I did at the time when I mostly just thought about how cool it was to wear "Mishin's coat," an official Russian Olympic Team parka made by Bosco Sport, the equivalent of Nike.

There will always be naysayers about everything and the intentions of everyone, including one Team USA official who told our team leader to tell me it was anti-American for me to wear Mishin's parka in public at the competition. Who did I think I was? Johnny Weir? Confused by this feedback, I wondered if that meant I was only allowed to be warm in the comfort of my hotel room?

What I know now even more than I knew then is that a simple act of kindness--regardless of nationality, race, gender or any other orientation--is what defines humanity. So when I arrive in Russia this week for the seventh time, I have faith in the humanity of the Russian people, who I know will welcome the world with kindness and open arms just as Mishin did for me.

Professor Alexei Mishin is a legendary coach of many Olympic Champions and medalists who will someday soon be elected into the World Figure Skating Hall of Fame, but in my mind he will always be my friend and colleague who taught me the true meaning of the Olympic ideals and spirit.

Here's wishing our Russian hosts a great Olympic Games!

vCash
    Thanks for posting the nice story Lala! That was a nice gesture on Mishin's part. There are so many nice people in Russia! When I traveled in Russia, I had many good experiences with the Russian people. Here in the USA not many people really see Russians as real people; they just see the politics.

having a nice day
    vCash
    That's a great story-thanks for sharing it :-)
    Have a nice day!

YEAH!
    vCash
    Mishin is the bomb.

vCash
    http://sg.sports.yahoo.com/news/plus...5738--spt.html
    Plushenko finds feet on Sochi ice

vCash
    I have never been a Plushy fan, but I just watched him skate his SP and...damn. He's the man.

vCash
    I am so happy that Plushy skated so well (haven't seen the performance yet though). A second place in THAT field is fantastic. I am surprised that Chan, with two mistakes, is so close behind him. In the pbp thread many posters are still bashing Plushy saying he has only the jumps, that he should have been in 5th place, etc. Some people just can't see his greatness.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Vash01;4142363]I am so happy that Plushy skated so well (haven't seen the performance yet though). A second place in THAT field is fantastic. I am surprised that Chan, with two mistakes, is so close behind him. In the pbp thread many posters are still bashing Plushy saying he has only the jumps, that he should have been in 5th place, etc. Some people just can't see his greatness.[/QUOTE
    I don't care of them..

vCash
    [QUOTE=Vash01;4142363]I am so happy that Plushy skated so well (haven't seen the performance yet though). A second place in THAT field is fantastic. I am surprised that Chan, with two mistakes, is so close behind him. In the pbp thread many posters are still bashing Plushy saying he has only the jumps, that he should have been in 5th place, etc. Some people just can't see his greatness.[/QUOTE
    I don't care of them..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WV-4CTT5TXM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    I am so happy that Plushy skated so well (haven't seen the performance yet though). A second place in THAT field is fantastic. I am surprised that Chan, with two mistakes, is so close behind him. In the pbp thread many posters are still bashing Plushy saying he has only the jumps, that he should have been in 5th place, etc. Some people just can't see his greatness.

They refuse to see it. The thirty one year old man putting their faves to shame lol! He will always be (to me)the BEST technical skater the sport has seen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crs View Post
    They refuse to see it. The thirty one year old man putting their faves to shame lol! He will always be (to me)the BEST technical skater the sport has seen.
    When you say technical- do you means jumps? Because his jumps are phenomenal, but his spins really leave a lot to be desired.

vCash
    It was great! It was like half step sequence to me which I thought was a good thing!

Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast