04-28-2013, 10:42 PM
Plushenko News_Eng @PlushenkoNews
RT @EvgeniPlushenko: I went to the fitness for the first time after the operation https://twitter.com/EvgeniPlushenko/...052482/photo/1
Plushenko News_Eng @PlushenkoNews
RT @EvgeniPlushenko: I missed trainings https://twitter.com/EvgeniPlushenko/...095552/photo/1
PlushenkoNews (advertisements with @EvgeniPlushenko & Alexei Nemov, famous gymnast) NEW! MERCEDES AMG: НЕМОВ / ПЛЮЩЕНКО. TVC '30s: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55Ofne2yCq0
Plushenko News_Eng @PlushenkoNews
(advertisements with @EvgeniPlushenko & Alexei Nemov, famous gymnast) NEW! MERCEDES AMG: НЕМОВ / ПЛЮЩЕНКО.
04-30-2013, 04:21 AM
I love Plushy, but neither he nor the gymnast were what I was drooling over in those ads.
I looooooooooooooooooooove the Merc AMG...that sooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuund...
05-04-2013, 07:47 AM
Piseev confirmed that Plushy is already in Kislovodsk and began general physical preparation. http://www.rg.ru/2013/05/03/plushenko-site.html
Part II: Icenetwork.com picks faves from 2012-13
By Lynn Rutherford,...:
Close second: If the great Evgeni Plushenko was so injured, he should have stepped aside and let Konstantin Menshov compete at the 2013 European Figure Skating Championships.
After this short sentence, some Plushy fans had long discussion on twitter with author.
one of them:
Sorry, I'm not good with the 140-char. limit, I'm afraid https://twitter.com/alena_hu/status/...351170/photo/1
"My regrets in advance for any possible offense, Ms. Rutherford, I certainly do not mean the following personally, but herely in regard to your specific words on this occasion. This is bait-and-switch: in the article it was all about how Plushenko should've "stepped aside and let Menshov skate. So I believe a normal reader can only interpret it (and your later comments) to mean that your disappointment was not in his performance, but that it wasn't "gracious" that he did not do so.
Whether Plushenko himself at Euros was disappointing or not, imho it is presumptuous for a third party to suggest any athlete didn't need to try, or shouldn't, just because he has 7 or whatever number of titles, and then criticize him for trying ("I was a bit critical"). And it's hypocritical in this case to talk about how it would've been "gracious", given that it was not Plushenko who took away Menshov's spot. One could argue--in safe retrospect--whether it was the correct decision for Plushenko to go to the Euros for his own sake, but as he earned his spot as RN champion, I believe this is the only legitimate context in which the question can be discussed. Menshov not being able to go to the Euros this year might be an injustice, but it had nothing to do with Plushenko.
I'd like to mention a quote from Alexei Mishin, who said there are extraordinary people who "overcome themselves for the discovery of new opportunities". On other occasions, he said that what Plushenko is trying to do is to "open a window into the unknown"--in the sense of expanding what is considered humanly possible. This is why your statement that he has 7 European titles and therefore "doesn't need to suffer so to try for 8" comes across so jarringly to me, Ms. Rutherford. Yes, it is extraordinarily difficult for him, and fans like me worry constantly about his injuries and his pain. Nevertheless, to me (and I believe also to many others), sportsmanship is about the need to try and fight. It is about opening windows into the unknown. It is about Citius, Altius, Fortius, which is still the Olympic motto, instead of "graciously stepping aside". I believe these things are indeed a large part of the purpose of sport, and a large part of why it is inspirational for so many. And as a Plushenko fan, I do quote these words above with (however vicarious) pride, because I believe that through his career so far, he has truly done his best to carry them out.
Again, my regrets: it is very possible that we are merely talking past each other, and of course I've already butted in quite a bit as it was. Needless to say, I mean the above merely as a respectful offering of a different viewpoint."
Lynn Rutherford @LynnRutherford 17h https://twitter.com/LynnRutherford/s...13074370285568
Do not apologize. It is an honor when a figure skating fan reads an (cont)http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rk3khn
"Do not apologize. It is an honor when a figure skating fan reads an article, tweet or commentary.
I first saw Plushenko compete live at Skate America in Detroit in 1997. I remember saying at a practice, ‘Who put that poor little blonde boy in the terrible green costume?’ Then he started to skate.
There is little doubt Plushenko is the best men’s competitor of his era and then some. In my eyes, he takes the nod over Yagudin due to the length of his career. His duel with Yagudin at the 2000 Europeans was the best figure skating contest I ever witnessed live. For once I had a seat behind the panel, and the skaters’ command of their triple Axel-triple toe combinations was such they locked eyes with select judges as they landed their jumps. Like everyone else, I also watched Plushenko win gold by an astounding margin in 2006 and come within a hair of repeating in 2010.
So, it’s disappointing – not sad or tragic, but disappointing – to see a clearly injured Plushenko perform under par at an event he has won seven times. I was not present at Europeans, I watched video after the fact, but European colleagues wrote of Plushenko speaking to the media about his painful back/knees and also noted he could not bend over to pick up flowers.
This is a 30-year-old man, highly intelligent, with access to the finest medical specialists. In my mind he would have been wiser to skip Europeans and focus on doing what he needed to do, in order to try to compete in the team event in Sochi if not the individual event, rather than push for an eighth title. I did not intend to make Konstantin Menshov the focus of the sentence, as so many Plushenko fans apparently think. Obviously Plushenko is not the official (or committee) in charge of the Russian selection process; I mentioned Menshov to point out another capable elite man was available. But yes, I do think it would have added to Plushenko’s abundant legend if he had said, “I am just too injured right now, let someone else go and I will be back.”
05-05-2013, 07:21 PM
05-06-2013, 07:10 AM
Plushy is in Kislovodsk training center
Сегодня утром, на Олимпийском! Today morning in Olympic training center
Великий и могучий Плющенко- "Great and mighty Plushenko"
05-11-2013, 09:19 AM
It's a little late, but very cute pictures.
(photo-album) Anniversary show E.Plushenko 6-7.11.2012: http://friendsonice.gallery.ru/watch?a=1T-ke1K
my favorite, by far http://friendsonice.gallery.ru/watch?ph=1T-eJtfF
05-14-2013, 01:42 PM
PlushenkoNews RT @SkatingLesson: 100 Moment of Russian Skating: The Debut of Plushenko http://www.theskatinglesson.com/100-...-of-plushenko/
PlushenkoNews (russian article and photos from vacation in Mexico) RT @yanarudkovskaya:http://posta-magazine.ru/lifestyle/v...n-mexico?slr=2
05-14-2013, 08:21 PM
Best wishes to Plushy. Please be patient and don't rush anything, OK?
05-18-2013, 03:38 PM
05-23-2013, 06:39 PM
Plushenko News_Eng @PlushenkoNews 22 May
By @edvin_marton's post on Faceboook, Plushenko's son's christening coming at the weekend https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...5482638&type=1 …
Plushenko News_Eng @PlushenkoNews 21h
(at the photo exhibition) RT @yanarudkovskaya: Next to him... https://twitter.com/yanarudkovskaya/...283521/photo/1 http://paparazzi.ru/upload/wysiwyg_f...1369308772.JPG
Plushenko News_Eng @PlushenkoNews 3h
RT @arman_dav: Invitation to the christening son of @EvgeniPlushenko & @yanarudkovskaya) when opened plays Trololo!) https://twitter.com/arman_dav/status...238400/photo/1
Plu and Yana call the little Alexander: гном гномыч-little elf
Last edited by lala; 05-23-2013 at 06:51 PM.
05-26-2013, 11:45 AM
Plushenko News_Eng @PlushenkoNews 22h
RT @EvgeniPlushenko: I'm going to play golf!!! Look at the photos https://twitter.com/EvgeniPlushenko/...184192/photo/1 https://twitter.com/EvgeniPlushenko/...092992/photo/1
Plushenko News_Eng @PlushenkoNews 21h
Vanya and Egor (@Vitalsonych and @EvgeniPlushenko sons) on new Zhenya's motorcycle http://vk.com/v.balykin77?z=photo877...photos87700233
05-27-2013, 08:17 AM
Alexander Plushenko with his mom and dad after christening! Sacha is seen to the public for the first time http://twitpic.com/cthp37
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=00jDB8XGRVQ after the christening
Last edited by lala; 05-27-2013 at 08:29 AM.
05-28-2013, 09:11 PM
"I depart on June 11 for one or two days to doctors who did the operation. If they are allowed to jump, then i will be able to speak at international competitions: Grand Prix Cup of Russia, the European Championship, and only then the Olympics. Want to go all the full season, so far so good "- Plushenko said at a news conference at RIA Novosti.
The skater said already out on the ice and is preparing new programs.
"I feel much better after the surgery, prepared on the same assembly, now go out on the ice, preparing new programs, come to me choreographers. Now begins preparation for the Olympic Games, just this summer training. Pose the new program, run-shoes, sewed costumes , typed form. overall, everything is going well ", - concluded Plushenko.
05-31-2013, 02:31 PM
Plushenko News_Eng @PlushenkoNews 42m
RT @AUTOilmensile: Mercedes AMG, Migliaia di cavalli nello spot con gli olimpionici Nemov e Plushenko (VIDEO)
http://www.auto.it/news/mercedes/201...ma+in+un+video in english
06-02-2013, 07:23 PM
NBC promo for the 2014 Sochi Olympic Games
The NBC was very careless... They showed the three figure skating Olympic Champion at Vancouver: Sh/Zh, Yuna, V/M and Plushy
06-04-2013, 06:59 PM
with google translator.
Alexei Mishin, "Plushenko scored a perfect shape. But behind continue to follow "
"Work" had a talk with coach Evgeny Plushenko
The famous figure skater and Olympic champion Yevgeny Plushenko returned to training after a serious spinal injury. Plushenko has already started to prepare a new Olympic sport, and this year is going to perform at the Moscow Grand Prix. "Work" had a talk with coach Alexei Mishin and Plushenko. By the way, our call has found the master of the coaching department on the ice base in Novogorske.
- Most of May Eugene spent in Kislovodsk - told "Trud" Alexei Nikolaevich. - There he trained under midlands at an altitude of 1.8 thousand meters - it gave additional effect of loads of all the muscles and the body. Worked with him on general physical training coach Vitaly Balykin and choreographer David Avdysh, but with me every day Jack kept in touch by phone. Your weight and functionality for the stay in the south Plushenko thus brought back to normal.
- When Eugene will be released on the ice?
- We are already on the ice. Currently working at the base in suburban Novogorske.
- How long?
- This is the fifth training Zhenya on the ice. I am pleased to note that their physical abilities and technical skills for long periods of time, he did not lose. So we start to work on targeted programs that will prepare for the new season. Have already begun to separate elements of a version of the short program.
- Underwent surgery back somehow makes itself felt?
- Operation in the clinic Tel Aviv Ilya Pekarskii successful. After this went fine and recovery - Eugene after a while went to the examination in Israel, and operated on his doctor was pleased with the condition of the spine. If Plushenko led the life of an ordinary man, this injury could have been forgotten. But he has to prepare for the performance at the Olympics, so that the load expected serious. And therefore a clear need to monitor the status of vertebrae after surgery. From 10 to 17 June, Jack will be in Israel, where doctors will monitor his condition, as well as give him recommendations on further recovery. In addition, the state of the back Plushenko constantly monitor and upscale Russian specialists. So we compare our opinions and Israeli medics in order to best plan our future work in training.
- When the first scheduled competition or demonstration performance?
- From June 17 to July 10, will continue training in Italy. Then Jack will go to the shows in Japan. Since early August, Plushenko will join my group, which at that time will be at the training camp in the Estonian city of Tartu. And from there we will go to Sochi. And if we talk about official statements, it seems to have wife to refuse to participate in the many stages of the Grand Prix. It is likely he will be declared on only one of these stages - the final, sixth, which will be held in Moscow under the name of "Rostelecom Cup."
06-04-2013, 07:28 PM
Thanks lala, this one I have not yet read
06-05-2013, 05:52 PM
Change of plans Plushenko is not related to his condition - Mishin
MOSCOW, June 5 - R-Sport, Andrew Symonenko.
Russian figure skater Evgeni Plushenko will not attend the examination in Israel due to the fact that the doctor, who conducted his surgery in the near future will be in Moscow, said the agency "F-Sport" athlete's coach Alexei Mishin.
In late January, Plushenko suffered a spinal surgery in one of the Israeli hospitals. In June, the Olympic champion in 2006 had to undergo routine medical examination in operated his doctor.
"Change in plans Plushenko is not related to his condition - Mishin said by phone. - This is due to the plans of the Israeli doctors. He a convenient opportunity to come here, so Jack has canceled his trip. A case in Eugene are in full compliance with the dynamics of his recovery" .
The coach stressed that the work on the ice, which he currently leads Plushenko in Novogorske, its totally satisfied.
"Zhenya handles all loads. Jumping until our work is not on, but overall things are going, maybe even better and more interesting than I expected. Zhenya will be an interesting program, but what - too early to say," - concluded Mishin.
Maxim Stavisky and David Avdysh put Plush's short program:
- Because you're attracted to the work of experts of the classical school, the emphasis in the new programs will be on the classics?
- You know, in working with Eugene I also try to bring together two areas: the high culture of Petersburg Ballet School, which represents graduate choreography department of our Conservatory David Avdysh and skating - is the work of Maxim Stavisky. What will be the program for this season? There will be classic and non-classic, because the concept of "high culture dance" can be expressed in the classical ballet "Swan Lake", and in the gypsy dance. Choreographic culture is not directly related to the genre, but it can apply to all spheres of human activity.
- Do you plan to put your students on the same program, or will have several options?
- We have some version of a short program for Arthur Gachinsky. And with Eugene we still pondering on the lookout for the final version of the musical accompaniment. Well, the motor canvas are gradually harvested.
Alexei Mishin: "For the development of new programs, we have attracted a wide range of professionals"
Skaters of coach Alexei Mishin - Evgeni Plushenko, Arthur and Elizabeth Gachinsky Tuktamysheva began preparations for the new season. About where and how to prepare athletes what professionals involved in the work, said the famous coach Alexei Mishin.
- Alexei Nikolaevich, Evgeni Plushenko started to put new programs, Lisa Tuktamysheva and Arthur Gachinski at training camp in Italy. All right?
- I will start by saying that this year, for the first time in the history of my life in the sport and I felt my students attentive attitude of our doctors, the Figure Skating Federation, specialists from the Federal Medical-Biological Agency (FMBA) to study the state of the real athletes. I received a very detailed recommendations for each of their students, for which I thank the FMBA professionals and all those who participated in the survey of athletes, our team of doctors and Jaroslav Anikanova Victor Bugaev, because on the basis of this valuable information, we have made plans to work on physical training. Eugene spent his fee on GPP in Kislovodsk. Lisa and Arthur is now the south of Italy, in the city of Bari.
- Lisa and Arthur talked a little bit about the new programs, new professionals whom you have drawn.
But ideally for the modern figure skating, a combination of resources and professional dance "katatelnogo" skill. And to that end, we have involved the Canadian figure skater Jeffrey Buttle.
- Why Use him?
- Because Battle is one of the brightest representatives of high culture skating. Canadian no different consummate skill execution of jumps, but it has always been considered one of the best in terms of skiing. From this point of view, from this perspective, I drew Jeffrey as an assistant to practice with Eugene, Lisa and Arthur.
Battle will come to us in Italy. However, due to the demand and employment will stay for long. He plans to deal with the guys for a few days, five or six. I think that the combination of theatrical choreographic culture and mastery of the ridge Jeffrey Buttle will give the result that we have to show in the Olympic season.
Last edited by lala; 06-05-2013 at 07:13 PM.
06-06-2013, 10:49 PM
Change of plans Plushenko is not related to his condition - Mishin
I am always interested in reading news about Plushy's progress and since I don't know Russian, I am grateful to those who do and who send us the links to the Russian language articles. But, I have to say that the Google translator is really awful for example:
"Well, the motor canvas are gradually harvested." what the devil is this supposed to mean?! It's not intelligible in English, that's for sure!
06-08-2013, 12:24 PM
I have no idea...
Originally Posted by lala
Yesterday was the Russian MUZ-TV 2013 Awards
Plushy and Yana,they looked fantastic http://www.eg.ru/upimg/photo/163171.jpg http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/2295/1487388.jpg