04-05-2013, 05:55 PM
I stood on skates after a 4 year hiatus, after the television show "Star Ice" I have not skated at all, but sometimes is useful to skate!)
If you haven't seen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPGQDvuB4MM Plushy is just fantastic!!! "Star Ice" like the "Dancing with the stars" in US. Yana + Goncsarov after Plushy to Marton's Love in Venice music http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FXTsOu8NqQ
I have to say that Yana has the courage of a lioness to go on the ice with her husband and set herself up for the inevitable comparison!
04-06-2013, 01:57 PM
Do you want to say, Yana is terrible ?
Originally Posted by ItalianFan
Alexei Mishin: "Plushenko will start with full training from 17th of June" http://t.co/PScwmrZXvR
on the show:
RT @szhurova: Show of Champions by @EvgeniPlushenko in Yuzhno-Sakhalin @yanarudkovskaya Slutskaya, Kulik, Leonova... http://t.co/e8dD1ys79B
http://twitter.com/szhurova/status/3...773376/photo/1 Plushenko himself did not resist and showed elements of his famous footwork.
http://twitter.com/edvin_marton/stat...898880/photo/1 Funny picture after the show in Russia with Olympic Champions Evgeni Plushenko and Ilya Kulik
Plushy's son is 3 month today
04-06-2013, 03:57 PM
Now it occurred to me that I know other two videos from the Star Ice with Plushy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZAbMMxawoc Sometimes the Fs fans said this is a bad program. But why should a better program, if he can skate it in this way? Soooo expressive! (And sexy)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXuPBcwGsEM Happy Birthday Ms Tchaykovskaya! with Plushy's skating )
04-08-2013, 08:16 PM
Russian nationality (Russian Anthem with Famous Person): http://t.co/XNVwZ9vBnd (Plushy on 54" , he is not in a bad company) rock version
Photos from the show
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater he is so happy on the ice
More Plushy's photos from "Show of Champions" : http://t.co/qUpS2EZBDn
Fan video from the show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98v5ZDhNY64&t=2m57s he didn't skate, he did only that spin and footwork
Last edited by lala; 04-08-2013 at 09:04 PM.
04-08-2013, 10:35 PM
[QUOTE=lala;3894271]Do you want to say, Yana is terrible ?
well......she's a lot better than me!
04-09-2013, 06:36 PM
...and like me, I'm so clumsy on ice, that is soooo slippery..
Originally Posted by lala
RT @worldskating: @PlushenkoNews New article with very nice @EvgeniPlushenko's pictures. I think you'll like it) http://www.klaxon.ru/archivepaper/St...EMENT_ID=11219
with google translater
Evgeny Plushenko: "I love the big and powerful cars"
One of the best figure skaters in the world, the Olympic champion Evgeni Plushenko is always like a race against time. Professional sports began four years. Cars carried away yet of school age ...
- The first time I got behind the wheel at age 12, during the training camps in France. We trained at Paris, and the older guys, the French had their own car "Peugeot". And they allowed me to shift gears with the engine off. This went on for several days until the owner of the car is not convinced: I have mastered the technique of switching almost to perfection. Finally allowed to start the engine and take a ride around the parking lot. In that short trip, I experienced a cocktail of feelings - pride, joy, joy! Probably, then fell in love with cars. And his first car bought in prize money in the ... 13 years! It was the 99th model of "Lada". I gave my dad. And two years later, when the World Cup third place, bought a foreign car. I was only fifteen.
- It also gave the parents?
- No, he has gone behind the wheel. And Dad always sat beside him. Accompanied. Until then, until I was eighteen. Then I started to frequently change cars, tried almost every known brand and model. While ridden aggressively, often playing on the road "checkers." Bought and sports cars. My personal speed record set at the wheel "Maserati" to Beltway Petersburg - 270 km / h. Do not think that I was the "Headless Horseman." Quite the contrary. Never be at risk themselves or others. Went quickly, but always very carefully. Even specially took extreme driving course that in any situation not to lose control of the car. At one point in my garage had accumulated seven cars. Not all have time to ride. So I had to sell off part. Then carried away by a motorcycle ...
- Probably, often had to explain to the traffic policemen due to speeding?
- Yes, stopped several times. Usually, traffic cops caught for speeding, but it is in those moments when I had good reasons. For example, in a hurry to meet with the governor or the competition. I tried to explain a human inspector and I tend to let them go. Although sometimes had to pay fines.
As a child, Eugene wanted to be a hockey player. But just started skating as a desire to change.
- When we lived in Volgograd, the mother took me to the rink. I was four. I remember well: spellbound watching the game players. But my mother advised me to first learn to skate and recorded in figure skating lessons. She said that then go to hockey. When I started riding, quickly lost interest in hockey. I immediately began to produce complex shapes, it was interesting to learn new elements. And just a month and a half began performing at the event with their children, who were involved in more than a year.
- It is hard to start a career in four years ...
- There was heavy, and fun at the same time. I was very lucky with the coaches. My first teacher was Tatiana Rock. On the ice, she replaced my mother. I trust her completely. And in the seven years I got to another coach - Michael Makoveev. It is an amazing man who was not involved in figure skating. He was engaged in weight training, and then he wanted to coach skaters - as he himself, through books, mastered the technique of figure skating, and developed his own system of training athletes. And when I was 11 years old, a sports school in Volgograd closed and had to move to St. Petersburg. There I got to the famous coach Alexei Mishin. His apartment was like at the International hostel - there lived foreign athletes, whom he coached: English, Spanish ... It was very interesting. Around me it always sounded foreign. But neighbors were much older than me, so they had their own life, which I was not allowed.
- They say that in professional sport is something like an army of bullying ...
- In the Palace of Sports in St. Petersburg had similar effects. I rode with guys who were much older than me. They clearly saw that catch or ahead of them in terms of training, so try to get rid of me, break down mentally. Looking for excuses to break even. We thought that would break down and return to Volgograd. But I did not give up. Perhaps the time when I was 11 to 14 years - the most difficult of my life. Had to contend with difficulties, endure various hardships. And when was 15, the situation has changed. I took third place in the World Cup. The prize money has bought an apartment in St. Petersburg and moved to my parents. Was very proud. After all, other awardees were champion for five to ten years older than me.
"If you suddenly take time out and do not prepare for the next Olympics, I feel: something is missing ...".
- Stellar disease bypassed or still sick with?
- How do without it! It started in my 15 years. It is a strong challenge for the mind, when at a young age can afford almost everything. For example, buy any car. My mother lowered me down to earth, saying: train, do not be distracted from the main. But, really, the time conceited I especially was not. I do a lot of training.
- It's no secret that many successful skaters at some point have a choice: to earn decent money in so-called professional sports, or work on the image, while remaining an amateur. Probably also had to choose ...
- I have a childhood dream to be an Olympic champion. And in 2006, won the Olympics. This was my second Olympics. At first I took second place. More like endeavor was already nowhere. And I took the time out was engaged in professional sports. I had a lot of demonstration performances and shows. In short, he lived for pleasure. Trying to engage in politics. But felt that something was missing. Then I met my wife, Yana Rudkovskaya. She often watched my demonstrations. And Yana once said: you are young and can go one more Olympics. I then replied that it was impossible. But then I thought, and decided to try it, and began to train hard. Spoke at his third Olympics in Vancouver, took second place. And when I learned that the next Olympics will be held in the homeland, in Sochi, I decided to make a fourth time. I recently had a serious injury, then surgery on the spine. Now doctors can not say I can skate or not. After I installed the vertebral disc of the polymer, which is fastened with screws. So far, very painful to walk. But I can not move. Soon I will go to Israel, will go rehab. Then rest and in May-June start training. I have friends - artists of the Bolshoi Theater, which makes such an operation. These guys jump, perform complex ballet elements. I hope everything will turn out.
- There are unrealized ideas in so-called professional sports?
- A lot of ideas, but more to say about them yet do not want to, because my ideas sometimes sold by other people. Right now I have no time for show business, competitors use it. After the Olympics, I will freely, then the implementation of ideas and loans.
- Many of our skaters are now working in the U.S. and Europe. Do not think too go?
- Not long ago I was asked to open his own school of figure skating in Italy. Tempting offer. I love this country, I like to lie down with my family. About my figure skating school, I always think. But I want to open it in Russia. Not even one school, and a network across the country. Unfortunately, many talents remain undiscovered. If you look at where most of the Russian athletes who have achieved success in figure skating, it is usually seen only two cities - Moscow and St. Petersburg. We have a huge country, but seriously kids play sports in the province simply nowhere. This is a big problem. In small towns, there is a place, ice arena, but all coaches - in Moscow and St. Petersburg. And I plan to prepare teachers in the field, to conduct master classes. I do not want that young athletes traveled to the USA and other countries and trained there. I want them to come in, say, Khabarovsk or Ryazan grown talent there. You need to give them the opportunity to work normally. Provide decent conditions. Many Russian coaches over the years in the United States produced serious competition our athletes were able to pull even average performance to a decent level.
- Which countries have the most noble and appreciative audience?
- Ride in Russia is very nice, but extremely difficult. The Russian people are very demanding, you expect victory, are not ready to forgive mistakes. Therefore, during the performances felt a certain tension. I'd like to play in Japan. Japanese - special people, they are able to empathize with you, the viewer is very noble. I first came to this country when I was 15 years old. I immediately fell in love with the Japanese, called "Sunny boy" - a sunny boy. In China and Korea, the audience too much. In Europe, I am pleased to speak in Italy. Often skate in Turin, there is always - sold out.
His victory is not left out of the first persons of the country. Usually Eugene gave cars premium.
- First car gift - "Toyota Land Cruiser" - Vladimir Putin gave me after winning the Olympics in 2006. Then, for the first prize in Vancouver, thanked Dmitry Medvedev - I was given a "Audi Q5". But this car I gave to my loved ones. Yes, in 2006, after winning the Olympics, another gift made the company "Mercedes". I was asked what model I wanted. And then I just raved "Gelendevagenom" and eventually got it.
- What are the requirements for cars today?
- I love the big and powerful machines. Recently stayed at the "Mercedes". Previously, I was S-class - "S63 AMG", then coupe SL. Now our family three cars. For family trips with children and nannies perfect vehicle "Viano", and for the daily commute - our workhorses, SUVs, "GL 500" in the performance of the "AMG". I have to live in two houses - in Moscow and St. Petersburg. So one car "spelled out" in St. Petersburg, two - in the capital. I really like the GL last generation, especially the spacious seven-seat cabin, which fits my large family. This is a dynamic car that still pleases the comfort and economy. Great combination of qualities. I had a GL of the previous generation. Here it was a bit harsh, is not as comfortable as the current one.
- What was most impressive to travel by car?
- Most of all remember the extreme case in Sri Lanka. I flew there on a contract with a tea company. So, we went to the shooting of commercials on a narrow road in the mountains. By the time the island was a week of heavy rain. And the rocks began to literally crumble. Right in front of our car on the road dropped a huge boulder the size of a large machine. It was very scary. After all, neither I nor our driver at the time could not do anything.
- Is a car Plushenko dream or not to dream about?
- I dream after the Olympics in Sochi, where some free time to go to avtomotoprobeg country. I have many friends who are willing to the idea supported reap. From Moscow to go somewhere to the south, towards the sea. Leave without haste, behold, from time to time changing the car on the bike.
Interviewed by Dmitri BARINOV,
file photo Evgeny Plushenko
Last edited by lala; 04-09-2013 at 07:55 PM.
04-10-2013, 08:33 PM
Plushy was so busy today. But this is the most important information:
Сегодня встречался с мировым музыкантом Янни!Обсуждали новую музыку к моим программам https://twitter.com/EvgeniPlushenko/...891840/photo/1
Today I met with world musician Yanni! Discussing about new music for my programs.
I really love Yanni's music
@worldskating: Ilia Averbukh: “Plushenko is able to win Sochi Olympics” http://fskating.com/2013/04/ilia-ave...-olympics.html
Ilia isn't Plushy's fan.
04-10-2013, 10:30 PM
I love Ilia. His opinions are always informative to me, and I agree here. Denis Ten almost won the worlds, with two performances that I think Plushy is capable of doing. Plushy is a better skater than Ten, IMO, so theoretically, it would be possible for him to make up the points that Ten couldn't. Plushy's 2012 Euro LP earned 176.52 and Ten's 2013 World LP earned 174.92 which was the highest scoring in the event. Plushy would need a quad in the SP, though, which he didn't do at Euros 2012 or 2013.
He would also have to be very lucky and have Chan, Fernandez, and the Japanese guys all skate like they did at Worlds. Presumably, they will be in better shape at the Olympics, but still, it's nice to dream, and there is that small glimmer of hope there for Plush.
04-10-2013, 10:32 PM
- Rep Power
I dont think you will see none of Plushenko, Lysacek, and Chan on the Olympic podium. I hope I am wrong when it comes to Evgeny though. I love him, but the combination of age, injury, and the younger guys coming up will prove too much.
04-10-2013, 10:34 PM
Yes, and I think even Plushenko himself has said he doesn't think he'll win (but then I saw Ten this year and I just can't help but hope...). What I hope is that he can help carry Russia to a team gold. That would really make up for all the heartbreak of Vancouver.
Originally Posted by fracturedleg
04-11-2013, 01:09 PM
Averbukh just being sells the story (or the journalist does) so I do not believe he sincerely thinks Plushy will win.
As this is a fan thread so best wishes to Plushy for his recovery and future success! At least in this fan thread, we can dream of it!!
04-11-2013, 10:42 PM
Plushy is a monster of determination, hard work and what the Italians call "grinta". Plus, to be honest, he is also extraordinarily talented. The love of competition is what keeps him alive. so, for me, I'll abandon all hope when the contest is over!
Originally Posted by yaya124
04-12-2013, 01:52 PM
[QUOTE=lala;3889125]Because Plush deserves it. He is special. Otherwise this isn't PR, this is the reality. QUOTE]
My goodness lala, that spoke volumes. PR should be reality, but of course we all know it isn't. It's carefully crafted spin created to influence the reader/viewer's opinion about whatever. Lot of times it is totally truthful. Often there's abundant exaggeration. But your sentence reveals how many think PR is not reality. Interesting.
04-12-2013, 03:27 PM
Maybe you are right. I didn't learn marketing and PR, but it seems I would have been a good PR manager. I really believe, sometimes the PR isn't the reality.
But honestly, it was never my intention to carry on PR, thereby influencing the reader. When Cherub opened this thread, I thought I show the people, how special and interesting person Plushy in general. He is a very good role model and inspiring personality.
PlushenkoNews RT @Yanni: really enjoys spending time w/ 3 time world champ & Olympic gold medalist figure skater @EvgeniPlushenko http://www.whosay.com/yanni/photos/321699
Storm to Yanni's music http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=kX6s8tRPP7Y his SP in 2012 and 2013.
Last edited by lala; 04-12-2013 at 08:39 PM.
04-13-2013, 12:56 AM
ITA about Plush. I think Chan is the only one of these three that will stand on the Olympic podium in 2014- most probably at the top
Originally Posted by fracturedleg
04-13-2013, 12:38 PM
I don't like Ilia too much. I read many weird opinions from him, he is a politics man in Russian figure skating, if you understand what i want to say.
Originally Posted by Cherub721
with google translater:
" On the men's figure skating
I think that we should not impose serious claims to Maxim Kovtun. For it has been a difficult season. It's always difficult when you are performing, and as a junior, and adult competitions. But at the moment we do not have better sculler who could go to the championship. Certainly, it is a heavy blow, only one athlete will represent our country in the men's figure skating at the Olympic Games in Sochi. This is very bad in all respects.
In my view, the shadow of Evgeni Plushenko and constantly discussed topic of his return to the sport in this situation davleyusche and adversely affect our athletes over the past few seasons. And if after the Vancouver Olympics in three different types, we have developed a positive and strong team - and pair skating standing at attention, and the women's singles team is strong, and dancing podsobralis, in the men's figure skating shadow Zhenya paralyzed like a boa constrictor, unfortunately, not our opponents and ourselves. We must do something about. After all, if a single skater boys will certainly understand that if Zhenya is healthy, then go to the Olympics that he, again, this will not give them the necessary push to fight for the Olympics. Today it is a very difficult moment, but I hope that the boys are no longer mesmerized Yevgeny Plushenko and will fight for a ticket to Sochi in full power. Zhenya, I wish you good health, the ability to fight and to realize the Olympic Games in Sochi its potential."
Do you understand? This is stupid and malicious..two completely different views of the same man. If Plushy will be healthy will take participation in pre -competition, and he will deserve the ticket to Sochi, won't receive it from the Russian Fed!
Last edited by lala; 04-13-2013 at 03:53 PM.
04-13-2013, 01:49 PM
Hm, yeah, I disagree with that, because Plush was gone from 2007-2009 and the Russian men didn't get anywhere internationally.
04-13-2013, 03:27 PM
Last edited by lala; 04-13-2013 at 06:22 PM.
04-19-2013, 02:39 PM
Very interesting news
http://www.sports.ru/others/figure-s...148343640.html (Part from "Hello" magazine (16.04.2013) - scans: http://evgeni-plushenko.com/forum/vi...p=78661#p78661)
very short translating
Evgeni Plushenko: Igor Zelensky recommended to me a foreign choreographer. ( Igor Zelenskiy http://www.mariinsky.ru/en/company/b...mery/zelensky/)
"I plan to return to training by the end of April. At first, it will be a general physical preparation. Also, at the end of the month, I plan to go to Novosibirsk to begin rehearsals of a new program with a very well-known foreign choreographer. Him was recommended to me Igor Zelensky, artistic director of the ballet of the "Moscow Musical Theater of Stanislavsky and Nemirovich-Danchenko", and the "Novosibirsk Ballet troupe". We fly together, and Igor too will take part in the production. We'll do all the elements on the floor, and in June-July, I plan to go on the ice."
At that time will be a big ballet festival there, and some famous foreign dancer and choreographer will be there. But we don't know the name who will make Plushy's new program. Maybe Patrick de Bana?????????
Igor had two herniated intervertebral disk surgeries by 2003, when he was about 30. He had to lie in bed for 6 months after surgery. At that time nobody knew if he can dance again, but he made a comeback in 2003.
04-26-2013, 06:25 AM
In last year he was the biggest star in China. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zHKr...ature=youtu.be Evgeni Plushenko's message to Chinese fans(Artistry on ice2013)
and he was so cute, too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTdfQPrc9Iw Plushenko at the rehearsal of Opening number (Artistry On Ice, Shanghai
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig2SEaVc5kA I simply adore this! Plushenko - funny moments during rehearsals (Artistry on Ice, Shanghai
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPqxWl0ilog Artistry on Ice 2012 - Finale whole, with many hugs (Shanghai 17.06.2012)
Last edited by lala; 04-26-2013 at 11:12 PM.