03-06-2013, 08:15 AM
PlushenkoNews RT @Evmaloca: @EvgeniPlushenko Amazing!!! Inspiring. I made a vdeo of you. GOODLUCK for 2014. Best Role model http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQL5RmggTJo
PlushenkoNews RT @keit0326: I've folded paper into the figure of cranes, wishing @EvgeniPlushenko's recovery. #Женявыздоравливай http://twitter.com/keit0326/status/3...790016/photo/1 fantastic japanese fans!!!
chizuko530 @PlushenkoNews If you don't know what the cranes means in Japan, please check it! => http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thousand_origami_cranes
PlushenkoNews For what all Plushy uses his skates - one more funny photo-collage by Nikoneko: http://evgeni-plushenko.com/forum/vi...art=900#p78048 funny!!
Last edited by lala; 03-06-2013 at 12:31 PM.
03-06-2013, 07:59 PM
hmmmm, I just found this version of his Tango and flamenco...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhkLqCDbB3c he is amazing!! how can anybody says, he isn't artistry???????? This is perfect, exciting to watch, simply breathtaking..
RT @EvgeniPlushenko: Today my son is 2 months old! Hi all) (https://t.co/N8yGbJSrZr)
Last edited by lala; 03-06-2013 at 08:23 PM.
03-08-2013, 08:43 PM
03-11-2013, 03:19 AM
Nice to be on the Plushenko cheer thread. I am tired of reading the Plushenko bashing on some of the other threads.
I hope his health is good and he is not rushing back to practice.
03-11-2013, 06:48 PM
This is not the case in real life, he is the most popular and well-known skater in Europe, and he has a lot of fans in those countries where is not very popular or well-known sport the figure skating. for ex: Brasilia, Mexico, Greece, China, Taiwan. Not to mention Japan or Italy, where the FS is really a popular sport! Here many members hate him so much because he really was too perfect, too invincible, and his confidence wasn't sympatethic for all people, but I think, it needed to remain an unbeatable competitor. Many Plushy fans tired of FSU and IN.
Originally Posted by Vash01
He is a very inspiring personality, there are a lot of montages and videos on YouTube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvUrQzYiFq4 Brazilian fans' tribute to King of Ice - Evgeni Plushenko
In Korea: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81KLwZwFfgs
In Taiwan: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubeiQRIkKcU
He is a rockstar! Really!!! The women go crazy for him (what is also an inconceivable thing for those person, who thinks he is ugly)
Last edited by lala; 03-12-2013 at 06:49 AM.
03-11-2013, 07:21 PM
Actually they dislike him because of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKlYPAt_5pc. FS is a show, you can't stop people to be sympathetic to one character or another.
Originally Posted by lala
03-11-2013, 07:49 PM
Yes, you are right. In the North-American media Plushy always had a little bit bad "presence", like in this video. Plushy's american fans are very angry because of it. But the people don't know exactly why Mishin liked better Plushy than Yag, and Americans only know what Alexei said.. I'm sure, Plushy was more Russian than Alexei. He is very proud Russian, but Yag almost moved to North-America, and the Americans know it.
Originally Posted by ciocio
Mishin about their skating:
"I was asked many times: "You have such bright students as Urmanov, Yagudin, Plushenko. What is the difference between them?" I think Urmanov was perhaps the most elegant skater. Yagudin was the strongest physically and may be most emotional. But I think there hasn't been yet a figure skater in the world, who has such a wide diapason of creativity as Evgeni. That’s what makes him absolutely unique in modern figure skating."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmT5g_hSU4E this is a great NBC documentary about Plush.
Last edited by lala; 03-12-2013 at 06:50 AM.
03-14-2013, 10:06 PM
Plushenko News_Eng @PlushenkoNews
RT @LynnRutherford: Just talked to Ari Zakarian, who works with Evgeni Plushenko; he says Plushenko will be back on ice 1st week of May.
Plushenko News_Eng Plushenko News_Eng @PlushenkoNews
RT @LynnRutherford: Zakarian fully expects Plushenko to compete in Sochi after good summer preparation "He will do everything in his power"
03-14-2013, 10:40 PM
That's interesting. I wonder if he would be asked how he would feel about doing the team and singles event.
03-15-2013, 07:33 PM
He has to do both if Russia only earns 1 spot next year, and I think he's raring to do it!
Seriously, this gives him the opportunity to pass the greatest Olympic Mens Figure Skater in history, Mr. Gillis Grafstorm, whom won 4 Olympic Medals in total (3 gold, 1 silver). Zhenya has the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to do it, but ONLY if he does both events, that is Team and Individual...
03-17-2013, 09:25 AM
English translation from Plushy's official website. Thanks for Darina! http://evgeni-plushenko.com/forum/vi...p=78196#p78196
Kovtun - 19th. Save us, Plushenko!
Two Olympic champions - Yagudin and Plushenko about failure of our young athletes in London
Peerless Patrick Chan and - the 19th place of Maxim Kovtun in the short program ... Those who might afford a sleepless night, and broadcast from Canada began at four o'clock in the morning, immediately began to remember the name of Plushenko. Between Chan who again set world record, and our junior, who has started leg weakness from disturbance, there is an abyss. And for us it is time to stop living in illusions and accept the ugly truth. Men's figure skating in Russia is now just not there.
Specifically to look at Chan, Olympic champion of Salt Lake City Alexei Yagudin went to YouTube. Yagudin is known for his skepticism. Many years he repeated that he does not watch figure skating because he does not have time.
No time - always means just one thing: it's boring.
This time Alexei watched.
YAGUDIN: WHAT ZHENYA AND I DID IS IN THE PAST
- What happened to Maxim Kovtun, I do not know, I only saw the top three, - Yagudin told me on the telephone.
- Instead of combination 4-3, Kovtun did 3-1.
- In such cases, how said my first coach Alexei Nikolaevich Mishin: "Look at things realistically". I do not understand there was hope that Maxim Kovtun can make the top ten at the world championships. It would have been extremely difficult for him to do this. Any of the top ten shows such a high level
... And Chan - it's like ... there's unfinished canvases, draw an analogy with the painting, and here the picture, completely finished, which you can not take your eyes off!
- Was it worth in such a deplorable situation to fight for the second ticket to the Olympics? Who to sent and what for? For the 19th place?
- It’s always necessary to fight. Never give up and go to the end. Maxim will hardly be able to recoup in the long program, it is somewhere a millionth of a chance that he would suddenly gets into top ten. We really have not men's figure skating, to this, I will not argue. But you can not just sit down and put hands on knees? We have to go ahead and do what we can.
- And all that we have - it's Plushenko.
- Zhenya has a little more chance than Voronov or Menshov has. Once again I must ask to look at things realistically. What Zhenya and I were doing was good at the time, but against the background of what I saw in London, we are left in yesterday. Figure skating became completely different!
PLUSHENKO: I DID NOT PLACE ANY EXPECTATIONS ON KOVTUN
... Evgeni Plushenko yesterday flew to Israel for examination. He did not have time to see a short program at World Championships yet, even on YouTube.
"I forgot my iPod in the home," - Zhenya admitted. "I wanted to take it, but something distracted me, and I could not put it in the bag. So far I know only the results. Let's not attack Maxim Kovtun. 19th place, nothing remarkable, of course not, but he's still a very young athlete, and his free program at the European Championships in Zagreb, where he first performed at the senior level, looked very dignified. What happened to him in London, maybe there are some details that I do not know, but, probably, the point is that he has not yet matured ... I did not place any expectations on him, to be honest. But anyway there was not alternative to Maxim.
- I have just talked with Alexei Yagudin. He said that figure skating gone far ahead, and what you did stayed in yesterday.
- Um ... You see, Alexei retired in 2002, and after that I skated at the Olympics in Turin in 2006 and won, skated at the Vancouver Olympics in 2010, also won at the last European Championships in Sheffield. I skated under the new judging system and won, so I somehow disagree that stayed in yesterday.
- How to beat Chan, Fernandez who has three quads - do you have a plan?
- I have plan. The first plan - to get well, and so far I have no deviation from my plan. Six years I have suffered with a sore back, not only on the ice: it hurt to walk, sit and even sleep. Now the pain went away, the doctors told me today that my recovery goes as it should. I already allowed to run. I am negotiating with the producers of the programs, I choose music.
I can not afford now to talk about the places (on the podium), in general I should not think about them, in my opinion.
In May, we will go to the training camp in Kislovodsk, I'll jog, drink mineral water (he actually said like "little-water / vodichka" which is the diminutive of "water / voda". why is he so adorable..? srsly), shall clean the body, get some mountain air - our base is located at 1800 meters - there I'll start working on the floor, based on how this work will go, it will be possible to talk about timing the return to the ice.
- Zhenya, you answer something vague.
- I know that is not concrete, but what can I say now? I have to start again to jump. On the floor. To wear in new skates. To put the program without jumping, without some sort of screwing. Slowly, slowly ... And no need to scare me with Chan. Chan is good sportsman, he spins well, just now jumps well. Judges love him, they love all the North Americans in general. But if we skate at the Olympics in Sochi well, also we shall also get such scores (Chan broke world record in the short program - author's note). And if we skate badly, we shall be ... on the 19th place.
Do not worry. Yes, now the crisis in men's figure skating, but after the Olympics in Sochi, I'll become a coach. I’ll bring up the replacement.
- You have, I see, a good mood.
- I'm not kidding. I'm really going to open my own school!
no comment...Plushy is great.....we can see the difference
Last edited by lala; 03-17-2013 at 01:06 PM.
03-18-2013, 06:51 AM
^ Interesting article/comments by Yag and Plushy.
03-18-2013, 07:03 AM
I hope Plushenko does not rush back to the ice. He cannot afford to get injured again.
03-18-2013, 03:11 PM
Yags and Plushy are still at it, I see...
03-18-2013, 04:06 PM
Nice article. Thanks so much for translating.
03-19-2013, 01:14 PM
Plushenko News_Eng @PlushenkoNews
Photos and translated parts of today's Plushenko's interview for "Russian Radio" http://evgeni-plushenko.com/forum/vi...p=78233#p78233
He is honest and lovely...
03-19-2013, 02:35 PM
Nice to see how he and Yagudin are all grown up now with families.
Excited to know who his new choreographer will be.
03-19-2013, 02:44 PM
I'm excited too...maybe Zhulin? He made a program to him in 2011..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9gyjnsLeIw Everybody thought that will be his new LP. But they don't like it..and I also thought that wasn't fit for him.... I would like to see Tarasova's choreography..but we all know, Mishin can't work with her..Zhenya invited Tarasova to his birthday party( cca 150 people attended).
Originally Posted by Cherub721
one new tweet some minutes ago:
Plushenko News_Eng @PlushenkoNews
Zhenya, congratulations on your 100,000th follower! @EvgeniPlushenko Even more so to get them until #Sochi2014, and all to be your fans! )
Last edited by lala; 03-19-2013 at 02:59 PM.
03-19-2013, 02:46 PM
I loved that program Zhulin did. It would have been one of my favorite LPs ever had he skated it in competition.
You think Tarasova and Mishin still can't get along after all these years? The whole Russian team should be united by now...
03-19-2013, 02:58 PM
You are right!! Tarasova often praises Mishin as a coach, as a person... But I think they can't work together... Two strong personalities..
Originally Posted by Cherub721