View Poll Results: Which of the first time lady Olympians is likely to win the 2014 OGM?14?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Liza Tuktamysheva (sp?)

11 11.83%
  • Julia Lipnitskaya

18 19.35%
  • Gracie Gold

4 4.30%
  • Kaetlyn Osmond

7 7.53%
  • Ashley Wagner

37 39.78%
  • Akiko Suzuki

2 2.15%
  • Adelina Sotnikova

7 7.53%
  • Murakami

1 1.08%
  • Imari

1 1.08%
  • Other

5 5.38%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    By "Imari" do you mean Haruka Imai?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by burntBREAD View Post
    By "Imari" do you mean Haruka Imai?
    Yes. I misspelled her name.

vCash
    I vote for other. These ladies are all over the place. Last season no one was talking about Kaetlyn Osmond. I'm not ruling out the oldies such as Kim, Kostner, and Ando either.

I would also throw Zawadski into the mix even though she is as slow as molasses. Her jumps have survived puberty quite nicely. Some of her uber petite contemporaries have yet to pass that test.

I think Asada put allher eggs in the triple axel basket and now that she is getting older that strategy isn't working for her.
    Last edited by aliceanne; 11-18-2012 at 05:11 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    I dont understand all the votes for Julia Lipnitskaya. She has tiny jumps and weak presentation. She isnt going to win the Olympics on consistency and spins alone. She couldnt even beat a subpar Asada with major errors in her first outing this season. If Sotnikova can get her head together she has a better shot at it. Even Tuktamysheva might if she keeps improving her presentation. Julia L. will be a star of the next quadrennial if she can survive puberty and has the right coaching to help her improve, but she has a long way to go and she isnt going to make her major senior event debut at the Olympics and win with her current skill set, no way.
    I agree with you (and it's not every time ).
    I was at TEB. And really, Lipnitskaya's skating is spectacular, but her jumping technique is questionnable, not much edges, not much speed. Her spins are amazing, but I'm not sure she'll be able to do this as well with 2 more years.
    But anyway, I hope she'll be as lucky as Sasha Cohen (and not as Caroline Zhang) about puberty !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aliceanne View Post
    I vote for other. These ladies are all over the place. Last season no one was talking about Kaetlyn Osmond. I'm not ruling out the oldies such as Kim, Kostner, and Ando either.

I would also throw Zawadski into the mix even though she is as slow as molasses. . . .
    I've never seen Zawadski live. Is she really that slow? Slower than Czisny, for example?
    Actually, it would be great if people could rank all these skaters in terms of speed. Anyone faster than Kostner? Slower than Czisny?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    You need to re-read the title of the thread.
    "Which of these first time Olympians has the best chance of winning the OGM in 2014?"

...answer is still none of them lol

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ambern024 View Post
    "Which of these first time Olympians has the best chance of winning the OGM in 2014?"

...answer is still none of them lol
    You are ESL?
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12