Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: DWTS Nov. 12

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    They can show me Anna any time they want!

Surprised Gilles is gone, but not upset. I wish the other had been Emmit. He's personally appealing, but I don't think he's done much in his dancing lately. He gets by on charm, but doesn't get called out for empty performances. Kelly doesn't have his easy charm, but she really seems to be working hard and there was more content in her dances even if she's not as naturally easy on the floor.

Based on dancing, I think the final 3 should be Shawn, Melissa and Apollo.
    Emmit has the football fanbase behind him,
    His dancing has been nothing special.
    What Cheryl can do with him as a dancer is limited; but, the public loves him, and votes.

This result shows how important having the right "mesh" of celebrity and Pro.
    Peta/Gilles never achieved "it", even though they worked very hard.
    Some of Peta's concepts/choreography fell flat; making Gilles seem "gimmicky" and forced, instead of relying on his considerable ability and innate sexiness.

I will always wonder what would have happened had Gilles and Cheryl been paired again.
    She did some of her best work for/with him.

I'll miss Gilles.
    He really loved DWTS, wanted to win; and took the show seriously, unlike many others,
    Last edited by skatesindreams; 11-14-2012 at 04:07 PM.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    It's Emmit (Smith), please. I don't defend his dancing but I do defend his name because he is a football legend. Actually I would defend anyone whose name is being misspelled. I can forgive this one because you don't always see his name in print if you are not a football fan. I still felt compelled to post the correction (and I am seeing one more poster misspelling his name; it's time to set the matter straight).
    you're serious? bless your heart
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    you're serious? bless your heart
    Seriously. I mean come ON, I'm really only aware he was a Cowboy because Cheryl keeps mentioning flying to Dallas. (I honestly can't remember his season on DWTS.) I know more about at the DCC than the football players.

Which means...come on, Cowboys fans, switch your votes to Melissa! She's got an honest shot at winning on her performance!

And sorry, GardenKitty, but I can see Anna and Val any time. They don't put NYCB on TV every week! I actually kind of liked the pointe versus dance heels, and it's not really like they could have done much else. NYCB is still rooted in the Balanchine Method and pointe is the foundation of his style, and I thought it was a nice contrast showing the two 'adagio' couples next to each other, but waist-up camera shots and lingering on the DWTS cast wasn't really appealing. Okay, and using the prom scene from "Twilight" as an inspiration wasn't exactly winning points from me, but what can you do...

YEAH!
    vCash
    Last night was one of the most satisfying DWTS eliminations ever.... best since Sabrina's elimination in season 5. I hated to root against Gilles when Emmitt is still in the competition, but I was so worried for Apolo, who truly deserves to stay.

I hate the gimmicks. Why did they have to bring back all the good dancers just to make them dance to terrible songs all the time? I just want to see beautiful dancing to beautiful music. I'm not averse to theme nights like Latin Night, Movie Night, Tell a Story about Your Life night, but not this off the wall crap. I also like seeing non-traditional dances, but it is unfair when some are getting merengue and others Bhangra. If their paso was any indication, Kelly and Val doing flamenco could be beautiful, but not with a "surfer" theme.

I agree with those who want Melissa, Apolo, and Shawn in the finals, although I wouldn't mind Kelly sneaking in there.

My thoughts on the final 5's chances:

Melissa is fantastic but she isn't going to win. There's no way they set up this whole all star season just to let Tony get a trophy. It will go to one of the producer faves, Cheryl or Derek. I think she was b2 last week hence the 99/100 points. Thrilled she outlasted Gilles, contrary to the votes from her season.

Shawn is still my pick to win, although I wasn't that enamored of this week's dances. They can throw her a 7 because they know she has the votes to stay. I think she's been the true beneficiary of the family values vote all along, not Bristol.

Kelly has been great and really acquitted herself of all the talk about how she was the worst winner and couldn't dance. So happy she made it this far, and I'd love to see a freestyle from her and Val. I think she deserves to go 4th, but they've put her in the fake b2 a few times, which could mean she's really been safe every week, and she could nab a slot over Melissa.

Still can't figure out the deal with Apolo. This is like the 3rd time he's been in jeopardy but "not necessarily" in the bottom. He's never been "officially" at the bottom. So, are they putting him in the bottom just to screw with the audience cause he's really one of the top vote-getters? Or is he falling behind, and he's put in the bottom to mobilize his fan base so he'll stay? Or does he have a lot of votes and they give him lukewarm comments and imply he's in the bottom so people will think he's bad and won't vote for him anymore? This is one of the rare times where I have no concept of their agenda. I mean the guy dances and keeps up with another pro and he still doesn't get perfect scores because they see something off, while Emmitt trips and Len literally says "I don't care."

Emmitt... I think he might win again. He's so overscored, yet the comments are not as fawning as for Melissa, so I don't get the sense they're trying to save him, but rather to justify his inevitable win.

vCash
    Vash01, I edited the "offending" post!
    I doubt that he would be as bothered as you were.

vCash
    I knew that Kirstie would be leaving last night -- it was fun while it lasted, which was longer than I expected. I'm among those who aren't sorry to see Gilles leave. I liked him when the season started, but for some reason his persona became less and less appealing as the weeks progressed. Glad that Apolo was "not necessarily in the bottom two" -- gives me some hope that he can make it to the finals.

It's Emmit (Smith), please. I don't defend his dancing but I do defend his name because he is a football legend. Actually I would defend anyone whose name is being misspelled. I can forgive this one because you don't always see his name in print if you are not a football fan. I still felt compelled to post the correction (and I am seeing one more poster misspelling his name; it's time to set the matter straight).
    Umm ...

Quote Originally Posted by pixie cut View Post
    Just for the record, his name is spelled Emmitt. Two m's and two t's.
    Looks like pixie cut wins the spelling bee.

And regarding Emmitt, his dancing is definitely not what's carrying him forward -- so I'm completely flummoxed by the judges giving him perfect scores on Monday. The NFL fan base is a very, very large one -- think how well other NFL players have done on DWTS in past seasons. But I'm still holding out hope that Apolo, Shawn, and Melissa will be the finalists.
    Lady 2: there isn't anything about me on goooogle, I mean, I must take it off if there is.....
    Lady 3: The google is a terrible thing, I mean I don't want anything on there! (Overheard by millyskate on a London train.)

vCash
    I think the judges must be giving Emmitt high scores in order to KEEP his fan base watching - and voting. His demographic is certainly different from the ones of the other stars. I wonder how much the ratings would drop without him?
    "You just can't underestimate the power of positive underwear." 2013 Fruit of the Loom ad

Beach Bum
    vCash
    It's Emmit (Smith), please. I don't defend his dancing but I do defend his name because he is a football legend. Actually I would defend anyone whose name is being misspelled.
    You misspelled it too! It is Emmitt.

Bummed Gilles is gone before Emmitt and Kelly. I much prefer Gilles to Apolo too.

Melissa/Tony should win this, but they won't. They will get all my votes now though.

Here is a great jive performance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wt824D1Bqg
    Last edited by Rob; 11-14-2012 at 06:28 PM.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan5 View Post
    Looks like pixie cut wins the spelling bee.
    If you want to make a big deal about spelling, be correct.

Now let me go drink some French wine and cry about Gilles.

vCash
    Guess the name corrector had to be corrected. Tee hee.

I will fess up that I do watch some NFL but very little these past few years. Also, I'm not a Cowboys fan hence it was quite easy for me to misspell his name. Now that I think back on it, I thought I had looked at how it was spelled in earlier posts and used it. Either I read incorrectly or I can't type correctly ... or maybe a combination of the two Regardless, I do NOT want to see him in the finals and don't think he deserves the marks the judges have been giving him lately.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pixie cut View Post
    Just for the record, his name is spelled Emmitt. Two m's and two t's.

He's got football fans and fans from his initial time on DWTS.
    No offense to E-m-m-i-t-t, but I suspect those are the same fans.

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Whether Emmitt, Emmit, or Emmett he'd be fun to dance with at a wedding but it's definitely not his dance skills keeping him in! I haven't ever voted, but now I'm getting on there and voting for Melissa/Tony bc they

vCash
    In the beginning it's fun to see everyone's personalities, but now I want to see some good (great) dancing. Not crazy about the gimmicks and ready to see if Shawn/Derrick can follow the rules. We know she can tumble. (I apologize if I spelled anything wrong, I suck at spelling). Go Melissa/Tony.

Eh?
    vCash
    Epic fail! Sorry Vash, but

Anyhow, I find Smith charming, but I really hope others make it to the final.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nursebetty View Post
    In the beginning it's fun to see everyone's personalities, but now I want to see some good (great) dancing. Not crazy about the gimmicks and ready to see if Shawn/Derrick can follow the rules. We know she can tumble. (I apologize if I spelled anything wrong, I suck at spelling). Go Melissa/Tony.
    Derek. And given Shawn and Derek were given Banghra (or however THAT is spelled), WHAT rules? I agree, I'd like to see them just do a freakin' straight dance and do it well, but I don't think next week will be it because I don't know about you, but I have no idea what an Indian folk dance is supposed to look like, never mind whatever wacked-out theme they stuck with it. What do they EXPECT from this but a giant mess? Like Tom said, whatever the producers were smoking, I'm sure it was medicinal....

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    :Here is a great jive performance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wt824D1Bqg
    That was literally LOL around here. What a great kid!
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    That was literally LOL around here. What a great kid!
    This has been all over Facebook. It's hysterical!

vCash
    Well, they are doing two dances next week...one weird dance, and then another dance to a MJ song. Something about how it's MJ tribute week or something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norlite View Post
    Yes they do. Every week.
    where is DWTS filmed is it on teh west coast? That is some serious mileage in travel they must rack up doing this!

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    where is DWTS filmed is it on teh west coast? That is some serious mileage in travel they must rack up doing this!
    Los Angeles
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast