Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 136

Thread: DWTS Nov. 12

  1. #81
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    227
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Did the show come on earlier this week? I can't believe Gilles is gone, but not upset. Was he shocked?

  2. #82
    Corgi Wrangler
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Not Wearing Enough Sparkles
    Posts
    6,336
    vCash
    510
    Rep Power
    2354
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    i'm even unhappy apolo was in the bottom 2, this is season 1 all over again.
    "Not necessarily the bottom two." (I believe everything Tom Bergeron tells me.)

    I really hope the other bottom pair was Kelly and Val, but I've been ready for her to go for WEEKS. And I'm really, REALLY hoping Melissa and Tony win. Tony deserves it.

    With all due respect to Anna and Val....camera guys, if there are two NYCB principles on the floor, quit showing us the ballroom people we see all the time, kthnx.

    nursebetty--Gilles actually said something about having seen it coming, fwiw....

  3. #83

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    In Canuck Land, hey!
    Age
    56
    Posts
    3,781
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Emmett can go ... NOW, please. I don't get why he's still there with the little he does on the dance floor. I get that he smiles nicely but stands where he's supposed to but I think Gilles should have been around longer with better marks than Emmett.

    Tony FTW, please, Please, PLEASE!!! Hopefully TPTB heard that and will "make it so".
    Crazy about sports!

  4. #84
    Tranquillo
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    behind the gruppetto
    Posts
    24,617
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    16087
    They can show me Anna any time they want!

    Surprised Gilles is gone, but not upset. I wish the other had been Emmit. He's personally appealing, but I don't think he's done much in his dancing lately. He gets by on charm, but doesn't get called out for empty performances. Kelly doesn't have his easy charm, but she really seems to be working hard and there was more content in her dances even if she's not as naturally easy on the floor.

    Based on dancing, I think the final 3 should be Shawn, Melissa and Apollo.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

  5. #85
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    439
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I'm shocked Emmett made it through. Nice guy but he's coasted. Bravo to Kirstie for going as far as she did! Like many of you, I want to see Shawn, Apollo and Melissa in the final three, with Melissa winning. I can't warm up to Kelly although she has surprised me with her work. I think she just looks really hard, no warmth there and I'm tired of the romance, real or imagined, with Val. Just me, I know others feel differently.

  6. #86
    Shadow dancing
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Camping in the great outdoors
    Posts
    16,112
    vCash
    800
    Rep Power
    11297
    Not sure why Emmit is still there either. I'd be happy with any one of the others. I'd have been happy with Gilles too, although I wasn't impressed with him in the beginning.

  7. #87
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    NC
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,102
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I don't understand the Tony love here. He looks like one of the worst Pros technically. I know he was the US champion for American Latin but he won't even be in the final in the international latin session. His choreography is not very appealing most of the time. His movement is just not sharp enough for a latin guy. I orginally thought he toned down when he danced with the stars. Then I noticed he still did not look that great when he danced with other pros.

  8. #88
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Close to Normal, IL
    Posts
    1,657
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I think people mainly love Tony because he is CONSTANTLY shafted by the producers by being given pretty un-danceable celebrities to work with; Kate Gosslin being one main example. He didn't even get paired with Melissa on purpose; he completely lucked out on her when his original partner (can't remember who, but typical older lady) got injured and pulled out right before the premiere, and Melissa was a very last minute addition. She is by far the best celebrity he has ever gotten and it's really great to see him so happy to have a partner who can actually DANCE. The highest placements he'd ever gotten on the show is two 3rds and a 4th, and one of those 3rds was with Melissa. He normally finishes in the 6-9th range, if not earlier.

    ETA: Apparently it's weird dance AND gimmick night next week! Here's what the couples are dancing:

    Kelly and Val choose the "Caveman" hustle for Melissa and Tony.
    Emmitt and Cheryl choose the "Knight Rider" bhangra for Shawn and Derek.
    Gilles and Peta choose the "Big Top" jazz for Apolo and Karina.
    Shawn and Derek choose the "Espionage" lindy hop for Emmitt and Cheryl
    Which leaves the "Surfer" flamenco for Kelly and Val.

    I don't even know what half these are. But from what I understand about some of the dance styles, the theme they've got is pretty hilarious. Surfer Flamenco? That should be fun, lol.

    I had no idea what a "bhangra" was so I looked it up, and from what I saw it's a pretty specific style of Indian dance. I look forward to Shawn hopefully putting Gilies "Bollywood" to shame. I would imagine since their theme is "Knight Rider", they'll update it so it has more of a modern vibe. Should be fun.
    Last edited by Spareoom; 11-14-2012 at 05:09 AM.

  9. #89
    Corgi Wrangler
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Not Wearing Enough Sparkles
    Posts
    6,336
    vCash
    510
    Rep Power
    2354
    Quote Originally Posted by stfli View Post
    I don't understand the Tony love here. He looks like one of the worst Pros technically. I know he was the US champion for American Latin but he won't even be in the final in the international latin session. His choreography is not very appealing most of the time. His movement is just not sharp enough for a latin guy. I orginally thought he toned down when he danced with the stars. Then I noticed he still did not look that great when he danced with other pros.
    ...It's called "American Rhythm." There's no such thing as "American Latin." (And yes, it matters, it's like saying Ice Dance and Pairs are interchangeable terms.) His movement isn't as "sharp" because he's old for a dancer, and because Rhythm is a softer style that grew out of the American social dance movement and hasn't been as severely stylized as Latin. He started in Latin, like everyone and their brother from Eastern Europe does (except those who go into Standard) and then he and Elena tried Rhythm and did quite well. Tony, Maks, and even Louis and Karina don't dance like they used to because they're OLD in dance years. Also because you don't overkill your partner in pro-am. Tony is one of the few pros on there who came in having done pro-am (Jonathan's another; I wouldn't want to pay EITHER of their pro fees but I can see why someone would) which was probably helpful considering who he's been saddled with more often than not.

    And that's the big thing--Tony's been on the show since, I think Season 2. He's been a huge cheerleader for DWTS, he devotes a ton of time and energy to the show, and he not only has never won, he routinely gets handed either colossal disasters (Kate Gosslein) or nice-but-older celebs who are clearly not going all the way. Getting paired with Melissa was a fluke. Yet he keeps being a great sport about it.

  10. #90
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Ravenclaw Common Room
    Posts
    1,906
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I adore Tony. And after being saddled with Kate Gosselin he gets a lifetime pass from me.

  11. #91

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    24,273
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    43338
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    Emmett can go ... NOW, please. I don't get why he's still there with the little he does on the dance floor. I get that he smiles nicely but stands where he's supposed to but I think Gilles should have been around longer with better marks than Emmett.

    Tony FTW, please, Please, PLEASE!!! Hopefully TPTB heard that and will "make it so".
    It's Emmit (Smith), please. I don't defend his dancing but I do defend his name because he is a football legend. Actually I would defend anyone whose name is being misspelled. I can forgive this one because you don't always see his name in print if you are not a football fan. I still felt compelled to post the correction (and I am seeing one more poster misspelling his name; it's time to set the matter straight).

  12. #92
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    16,820
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post

    With all due respect to Anna and Val....camera guys, if there are two NYCB principles on the floor, quit showing us the ballroom people we see all the time, kthnx.
    Agree! It was distracting. It also bothered me that the ballerina (forget her name) was on pointe and Anna was in dance heels.

    I, also, don't understand how Giles left before Kelley and Emmit.

  13. #93
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,201
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    It's Emmit (Smith), please. I don't defend his dancing but I do defend his name because he is a football legend. Actually I would defend anyone whose name is being misspelled. I can forgive this one because you don't always see his name in print if you are not a football fan. I still felt compelled to post the correction (and I am seeing one more poster misspelling his name; it's time to set the matter straight).
    It has been misspelled by many. So have nearly all the other names of stars and pros. Why single his out to correct?

  14. #94

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New England, USA
    Posts
    5,780
    vCash
    470
    Rep Power
    3403
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    And that's the big thing--Tony's been on the show since, I think Season 2. He's been a huge cheerleader for DWTS, he devotes a ton of time and energy to the show, and he not only has never won, he routinely gets handed either colossal disasters (Kate Gosslein) or nice-but-older celebs who are clearly not going all the way. Getting paired with Melissa was a fluke. Yet he keeps being a great sport about it.
    Tony is an avid golfer and appeared on Golf Channel's celebrity instruction show. In addition to finding out that his calves and back are the opposite of what's needed for a optimum golf swing (30 years of dancing will do that), the instructor pointed out some things from dance that actually help. Tony and the instructor spent a good deal of time talking about how great the show is and that people watching the instruction show might enjoy watching DWTS, too.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

  15. #95
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    695
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Emmit just stands there and shakes while someone else dances around him. How does he keep getting high scores. I would like Kelly better if she would smile more. I don't think her dancing is that bad. She acts like she is on tranquilizers or something. I don't want to jinx Melissa, but she has been my favorite since day one. And she is always so happy and positive.

    Anyway, on a side note - that number from Newsies? Flashbacks to the finale of the only skating show I was in (1995). I was thinking where are the teacups and the Texas stars. And then that one guy actually did a one foot spin on the piece of paper. Our finale was all the adults and kids from the rink, so we just skated around in lines and stuff, no singles tricks. But we all ended up in our lines and raised our arms on the last word "one" just like they did. LOL

  16. #96

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,893
    vCash
    400
    Rep Power
    5459
    Are Bruno and Len judges on this show? Do they fly back and forth between the US and the UK to film this and Strictly Come Dancing?

  17. #97
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    12,995
    vCash
    450
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    Are Bruno and Len judges on this show? Do they fly back and forth between the US and the UK to film this and Strictly Come Dancing?

    Yes they do. Every week.

  18. #98

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    1,721
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    71
    I'm not sure why people are so surprised that Emmit is still there. Never underestimate the power of the Dallas Cowboys fan base. I'm not saying he shouldn't have already gone, but this is a popularity contest and he does have the power of a large fan block behind him.

  19. #99

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,854
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    401
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyNC View Post
    I'm not sure why people are so surprised that Emmit is still there. Never underestimate the power of the Dallas Cowboys fan base. I'm not saying he shouldn't have already gone, but this is a popularity contest and he does have the power of a large fan block behind him.
    Just for the record, his name is spelled Emmitt. Two m's and two t's.

    He's got football fans and fans from his initial time on DWTS. He's charming in an understated way. I think he's going to be in the final with Shawn and Melissa. People need to be prepared. It might go differently. The final could be Kelly, Apolo and Shawn. We won't know until next week's elimination. But I think the final will be Shawn, Melissa and Emmitt.

  20. #100
    Tranquillo
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    behind the gruppetto
    Posts
    24,617
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    16087
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan1 View Post
    Emmit just stands there and shakes while someone else dances around him. How does he keep getting high scores. I would like Kelly better if she would smile more. I don't think her dancing is that bad. She acts like she is on tranquilizers or something. I don't want to jinx Melissa, but she has been my favorite since day one. And she is always so happy and positive.
    I'm not surprised she's happy to be there, it's got to beat competing for the Bachelor.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •