Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: DWTS Nov. 12

vCash
    DWTS is done in LA.
    If the celebrity has obligations elsewhere during the week, they rehearse when/wherever they can fit it in.
    Sometimes that means thousands of miles in the air.

Remember Evan's season, when he was skating, and doing DWTS?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    DWTS is done in LA.
    If the celebrity has obligations elsewhere during the week, they rehearse when/wherever they can fit it in.
    Sometimes that means thousands of miles in the air.

Remember Evan's season, when he was skating, and doing DWTS?
    I just meant for Len and Bruno, they're doing Strictly Come Dancing in London too so they're having to do at least one return flight a week while both shows are on!

vCash
    I think Shawn needs the help of Jujubee. Jujubee can really teach Shawn how to project/emote facial expression while dancing.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    honestly, that is a great idea.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by luenatic View Post
    I think Shawn needs the help of Jujubee. Jujubee can really teach Shawn how to project/emote facial expression while dancing.
    omg, I need glasses or to lay off the wine. I read Jujubee and my first thought was .. Ms. Jay from ANTM. Huh?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    I just meant for Len and Bruno, they're doing Strictly Come Dancing in London too so they're having to do at least one return flight a week while both shows are on!

Yeah, and they've been doing that for a few years now. It's always amazed me.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    What's really amazing is that on Strictly, Len is the NICE one.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    ^ Good gawd, Len is the nice one? Who are the other judges!

I really thought Gilles would be in the Finals. Yeah I know he was getting kinda cocky, and I didn't like him as much this round as I did before, but he's still a better dancer. Oh well, I want Shawn or Melissa to win anyway so whatev. I would like Melissa to win simply for Tony to get the win. Derek has won enough.

vCash
    I will miss Gilles. Whoever gave him that choreo for the group the other week where he stares down at upside down Peta's spread legs did not help him any. His character was obviously not a "nerd" who would be shocked by that (as was already acted out by another dancer on a previous season). Plus, they should have thought of something else instead of that as a filler.

Speaking of a past season, Marie Osmond has a daytime talk show on the "Hallmark Channel". I think she will have Mary Murphy of SYTYCD on today. I have only seen bits of the show so I really don't know much more about it other than it seems pretty relaxed. She had come through the front door of her house (the set) and sit and visit with her on comfy chairs.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    salon.com published an excerpt of Penn Jilette's recent book "Every Day Is an Athiest's Holiday," mostly about his experience on "The Celebrity Apprentice," and he wrote the following about DWTS:

Like all desperate celebrities, I’ve been on more than one reality show. I also did “Dancing with the Stars.” I was amazed to find out that “The Celebrity Apprentice” was more honest and straightforward than “DWTS.” The idea of “DWTS” is pretty beautiful: half-assed show folk who aren’t dancers are teamed up with great dancers, and cameras video them while they learn to dance. How well can people learn to do something outside their ken? It’s a beautiful idea. Dance is a joyous celebration of humanity, so it should be an uplifting, inspiring show to watch and even more beautiful to be on.

But I hated the time that was spent with the production trying to get young ambitious Mormon women to cry. Guys behind the cameras would say mean things at attractive young men and women and washed-up celebrities about how it would ruin their lives if they didn’t win.

“The Celebrity Apprentice” is more honest, in that creepy kind of way that the guy who admits he’s a racist is more honest.*
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

moving right along
    vCash
    Off topic and random: Hope Solo (who accused Max of smacking her during their DWTS partnership) was in the news here in Seattle because allegedly she was assaulted by her fiance the night before their wedding. Then she made the papers again a few days later because they were married pretty much the same day he was released. Me thinks this couple is in for a rocky ride.

gold dust woman
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyNit View Post
    Off topic and random: Hope Solo (who accused Max of smacking her during their DWTS partnership) was in the news here in Seattle because allegedly she was assaulted by her fiance the night before their wedding. Then she made the papers again a few days later because they were married pretty much the same day he was released. Me thinks this couple is in for a rocky ride.
    Gee, what gives you that idea? She seems like a nut...

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I'm not sure this makes it worse, but, according to this report on Yahoo it sounds more like a mini-brawl: both Solo and her brother, who was the one who called 911 over her protests, had injuries and bleeding, and so did another woman in the house. Solo's fiance, former Seattle Seahawk Jerammy Stevens, had blood on him and his clothing, and after being found between the wall and the bed, insisted he was asleep during the fight.

This story said Solo's brother used a stun gun on a group of men who hadn't been invited to whatever party they were throwing. This and that Hope Solo and Stevens had been together for two month.

We need a vBet on whether the marriage will last days, weeks, a month, months, etc.

Oy.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post

We need a vBet on whether the marriage will last days, weeks, a month, months, etc.

Oy.
    We should probably measure it in units of Kardashians, too. I give them one and a half Kardashians.

(And either Hope Solo has the WORST luck in history when it comes to running into men, all strangers to each other, from completely different walks of life and in totally different types of relationships with her, who are just prone to random violence against a woman, or...well, there's only one common denominator in these stories of hers.)

vCash
    I kinda missed Tonya Harding and her antics...oh, wait. Hope Solo.

vCash
    Sounds like he's a real gem!

He was most recently arrested in 2010 for possession of marijuana while playing for Tampa Bay and has previous arrests for reckless driving and a hit-and-run. In 2000, he was accused of sexual assault but was not charged.
    "Me, cutie/chicken, the egg cup, I am the hammer of my spoon!"--Jen_Faith translation

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567