Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: DWTS Nov. 12

vCash
    Emmett didn't do anything, even my husband noticed

Skating supporter
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mrr50 View Post
    Emmett didn't do anything, even my husband noticed
    Heck, even my cat noticed! For that he gets a 30!!
    Can't skate but love to watch

vCash
    Man is Kelly getting hosed...

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Shawn did more samba in her dance than Emmitt danced in that number.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    I thought Shawn's second dance was an excellent dance, like a freestyle, and incorporated three dancers pretty seamlessly. But as a samba? It was a little light, lol. But I think no one should be surprised by now that Derek is mainly aiming for viewers votes at the expense of the judges...pretty much all their dances have been rulebreakers. I think they'll be fine but if they make the final and it's Giles and Shawn again, Derek is going to wish he had the judges on his side because that's tipped the scales in Shawn's favor last time.

What dances do Shawn and Derek have left; anyone know? I know they haven't done an Argentine Tango.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    I'm sorry, when did Apolo go from cute to hot?

Something I'm not quite sold on with the legs but I like his frame/hold.
    He's always been a major 'hottie' for me! He connected better on his first season when he was partnered with Julianne but I'm loving the major lack of shirt the past couple of weeks! Why let Val take all the 'skin time'! And Apolo has some major, major shoulders! Yum!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    Well, we started with a song that IIRC is actually about somebody dying of an overdose, and I swear that was really, REALLY short.
    What song was that? (I wasn't able to watch tonight)
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nubka View Post
    What song was that? (I wasn't able to watch tonight)
    Arms of the Angel. AKA "that song from the ASPCA commercials with all the sad kitties and puppies." It's either about OD or suicide, and a real person.

Was it me or were the dances all REALLY short?

Though my favorite musical WTF of the night is Kenny Loggins' "Danger Zone" as a quickstep, complete with one of the singers bungling the lyrics and trying to cover by mumbling the line.

vCash
    They seriously need to get a new crop of singers or dump the vocals altogether and go with recordings like SYTYCD does. I swear, more often than not when I watch, I think that if I were ever on that show I'd demand instrumental music for every single dance. I'd be willing to do any choreography the pro put out there, but I'd totally cash in my diva card and demand no singers.

vCash
    Just watching back now. Just a few thoughts:

Loved Shawn- don't care if it wasn't a Samba- it was fabulous.

When Melissa came out for her first dance, all I kept thinking was that she looked like MaryAnn from Gilligan's Island

I was surprised at how built Louis is- for some reason he always seemed very small to me.

I am sooooo over Gilles. I find him fake, pompous, and completely NOT sexy. He can go home.

Apolo, on the other hand, wow!!! I agree with whoever said that he went from cute to hot! Love him.

Love the ease with which Emmitt moves. He's so much fun!

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    I loved Shawn's second number. I knew Len was going to slam her good on the score, but a 7? I was expecting an 8.5 at the worst from him.

Shawn, Gilles and Melissa should be in the Final 3. I don't think it really matters who of Emmit, Apolo, Kirstie and Kelly goes this week and next, as long as its the four of them that go this week and next.

Skating supporter
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    Shawn, Gilles and Melissa should be in the Final 3. I don't think it really matters who of Emmit, Apolo, Kirstie and Kelly goes this week and next, as long as its the four of them that go this week and next.
    I would swap out Gilles and Apolo from your selections above - I agree with Twizzler's comments about him above.
    Can't skate but love to watch

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    I was both an Emmitt and Giles fan in their seasons but now I want Apolo to beat both of them. Shawn and Melissa can be the other two finalists, I agree.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    I was both an Emmitt and Giles fan in their seasons but now I want Apolo to beat both of them. Shawn and Melissa can be the other two finalists, I agree.
    That would be my final three as well. They probably are now doomed, except Shawn.
    Lady 2: there isn't anything about me on goooogle, I mean, I must take it off if there is.....
    Lady 3: The google is a terrible thing, I mean I don't want anything on there! (Overheard by millyskate on a London train.)

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twizzler View Post

I was surprised at how built Louis is- for some reason he always seemed very small to me.
    Because he is. He's really short. That's actually more normal for Latin than tall guys like Tony, Maks, and Val. The girls in Latin in particular are practically midgets so while once in a while you'll get a gorilla-and-flea Russian-pairs-style couple, it's not common. It's just pictures and TV that makes some look taller. Yulia Zagoruchenko looks like six feet tall when you see her dancing on TV, but even in her Latin sandals she's shorter than I am in street shoes (5'4"). I had a group lesson from her old partner, Max, who looks even taller than she does when they danced together, and he's shorter than me in MY Latin shoes (which make me 5'7".) A lot of the guys will...exaggerate their height.

Just me
    vCash
    Other than shaking his junk, I don't think I've seen Emmett do much of anything this season. Not a popular opinion with many, but there it is.

Gilles attitude is starting to bug me a lot. I don't remember this from his original season.

When Kelly and Val aren't pawing each other, she seemed to be clomping around, especially in her trio. It didn't matter much to me, I was way to busy watching Louis. He is a god!

Watching Kirstie's practice and scores was a hoot. I think she's danced her last, but I had a great time watching her.

I love Shawn, Melissa and Apolo and hope they are the final three. When I'm watching Shawn, I want her to win, the same with both Melissa and Apolo. There is no way I could pick a favorite. Maybe Melissa, I don't think I've ever seen Tony so happy and he really, really deserves a trophy.
    If this is to end in fire
    Then we will all burn together

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nan View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen Tony so happy and he really, really deserves a trophy.
    Agree 100%. It would be a travesty if they didn't make the finals.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    I really liked Melissa's dances. But am I the only one who was bugged when they sang Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy (which references being in the Army) while dressed in sailor costumes?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyNC View Post
    I really liked Melissa's dances. But am I the only one who was bugged when they sang Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy (which references being in the Army) while dressed in sailor costumes?
    Nope, that bugged me too. But I think that navy and white made for a more eye-catching costume than olive drab/khaki would have.
    Lady 2: there isn't anything about me on goooogle, I mean, I must take it off if there is.....
    Lady 3: The google is a terrible thing, I mean I don't want anything on there! (Overheard by millyskate on a London train.)

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan5 View Post
    Nope, that bugged me too. But I think that navy and white made for a more eye-catching costume than olive drab/khaki would have.
    And then she could wear those gorgeous shoes!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast