Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I am watching season 6 right now and will catch up with the current season as soon as I am done. I love this show, I used to keep up but then we finally canceled our subscription to Showtime.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    I was bummed too. Even though Isaac was very evil he was really likeable. I loved the scenes with Dexter and him. And how he turned to Dexter for help.

Now wondering about the fire arson guy. And why he has suddenly come into the picture.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Usually they don't have serial killers start midseason on Dexter. Interested to see where that goes and also the Hannah and LaGuerta storyline.
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

vCash
    I am finally all caught up. It looks like all the loose ends are tied up except for LaGuerta going after the Bay Harbor Butcher and Deb still wanting to go after Hannah. Both of them are mounting evidence to take Dexter and Hannah out. Dexter is going to be one very busy man in the next few episodes. How many are left, 2 this season?

Does anyone else have a problem with the storyline of Deb being in love with Dexter? It seems rushed and not well thought out. It almost feels to me like it was originally done for shock purposes and then kind of shelved after she found out he was a killer. Now they brought it back but I almost feel like it was only done to make some kind of weird love triangle story line which is looking more and more likely with Deb finding the girl who witnessed the poisoning. I think she just wishes she could be with Dexter because he has been the only constant thing in her life and she has had some awful luck with men. I hope thats how it plays out because her actually being in love with him is just creepy, adopted brother or not. It is more the idea of Dexter than actually being in love with him.

Dexter should be winning the Father of the Year award any minute now. I think he spent all of 10 minutes with his son this season.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Ms Lurker if you're nasty
    vCash
    I hate, hate, hate the whole Dex/Deb storyline. I don't know what the writers were thinking when they started it last season and especially when they brought it back. There's just no point to it.

I really miss Dexter from season 1, when he was really more of a psychopath, didn't really care about anyone and used relationships to keep up the facade. Now the writers tossed in his dark passenger in season 5(?) as if the reread Jeff Lindsay's series and realized that was in there. I liked that they brought in another aspect of the book series until they apparently decided that Dexter always attributed his being a monster to his dark passenger and not because that's who he was stemming from everything that happened when he was little. What happened to the Dexter that owned the fact that he was a monster? I miss him and I'm glad Hannah made him see that his urge to kill was his.

I don't think the LaGuerta storyline will wrap up in 2 episodes. I think it'll be the main storyline for next season.

vCash
    Well the final epsiode of the penultimate season just aired in the UK, and I have to say that this season has been more miss than hit for me. It ended dramatically and sets up what will hopefully be a great final season, but I thought the writing was pretty weak, the storylines all seemed, i don't know how to describe it, like incidental filler that you often get in these series as one or two bad episodes that don't advance the plotline, but it was for the whole series. The Deb falling in love with Dexter thing just seemed ridiculous, the La Guerta suspicions about the bay harbor butcher played out too slowly to begin with and then much too quickly - it could have been spread out better. The strip club story line didn't really go anywhere or explore anything interesting or new. While the Hannah story line was interesting and some of the things that it explored were great - it did just seem like checking off a list - love interest for Dexter, check.

I agree that the Dexter of first couple of seasons is unrecognisable to the Dexter in these later seasons and that doesn't make sense given how the character was set up. I just hope the final season does justice to what has generally been a really good enjoyable tv show.

vCash
    ^^ It's funny b/c I had the complete opposite reaction at the end of last season. The Deb-in-love-with-Dexter storyline aside, I thought that season was the best they've had since Trinity. The season with Travis was good but season 7 topped it for me.

I felt we got to go even deeper into Dexter's psyche last season. The show is primarily told from Dexter's POV and we get insight into his mind/thoughts/feelings, etc. but I think it was different this season, mostly b/c of Deb knowing his secret. He's always justified what he does internally but it put it in a different light when he had to explain the process and his way of thinking to Deb.

I enjoyed the season. I liked Deb's struggle with trying to accept who Dexter really was...I liked Dexter's struggle with his attraction/connection to Hannah...the whole Russian mob thing was just a side distraction and wasn't really that big of a deal but I did like the Dexter/Issac dynamic.

I was impressed with last season, especially the ending b/c I didn't see that coming. I feel like this season is going to be insane. I don't know if Dexter will survive but I'm almost sure Deb won't. She barely contained herself when she found out about Dexter killing Travis, and Travis deserved it! I don't think she'll be able to handle the guilt of Laguerta's death...it's going to kill her.

This has been a great show. Some seasons are better than others but I really feel like this season is going to be amazing.

vCash

HBO's Dexter Fans?

I would love for Deb to adopt Dexters dark passenger and free him from his torment. She could kill Dexter and we could be left wondering if she will or if she won't continue killing others.

It could be something she does out of true love. Taking that away from him and taking it on herself. That would be quite the sacrifice. Additionally, she could kill him and make it so that no one ever knows he was the Bay Harbor Butcher and his legacy is never tainted.

The big problem with this is that Deb hasn't shown the strength to deal with such a thing. She did earlier in the show but she has changed and been hurt a lot. Maybe it would be believable if they play it off as though she snapped.
    -Brian

vCash
    Okay resurrecting this thread because the last season of Dexter just started. Anyone else watched it?
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Not yet. But then I haven't started watching BB, or True Blood. I think I am still in mourning for The Borgia's lol.
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

vCash
    The final season plays out a week later her in the Uk than in the US so we start on Sunday 7th July.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    I watch Dexter. One of my top 5 shows.

I like Charlotte Rampling's new character. She somehow knew Harry personally and "Harry's code". I wonder if she's just going to do a case study on Dexter or if there is more to her knowing Harry(Dexter's stepfather).

I don't like Deborah's storyline so far.

vCash

HBO's Dexter Fans?

By the way, isn't Dexter on Showtime? I wish it was on HBO because I have HBOgo access and could watch.
    -Brian

vCash
    Ya that was figured out on the first couple posts on the first page lol. I messed up between HBO and Showcase.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight1 View Post
    I messed up between HBO and Showcase.
    Showtime

The first episode was awesome. Deb is in a really bad place and it's obvious she's not going to be able to handle what she did.

As for the new character (the doctor, I can't remember her name) it seems as though Harry took Dexter to her when he was younger. Harry was probably trying to figure out what was wrong with him and she informed Harry that Dexter fit the psychological profile of a serial killer. From there it seems as though she may have helped Dexter develop the Code...who knows if Harry stayed in contact with her regarding Dexter but it's obvious she knows pretty much everything she needs to know about him.

I'm really interested in seeing how this season plays out. Between Deb and her trying to deal with LaGuerta's death and then Dexter somewhat losing it without her as his stabilizer, I think this final season is going to be great.

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    Richard and I just started watching Dexter from year 1, which we loved so we are almost through with season 2. Love ole Lila-what a horrible woman! Probably won't catch all the way up the rest of the seasons before this last Dexter year is over, but wanted to chime in that I just love the series. Just way behind you all, and I might have to stop to re-watch all 3 years of Deadwood, which I have a sudden need to see. But enjoy, ya'll.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    What I like about SYFY's "Defiance" is that 2 of the female stars from "Dexter" are on it. Julie Benz(played Rita) and Jaime Murray(played Lila).

vCash
    I think the first episode was really good. I know people had been complaining about how it had gone downhill in previous seasons, but I have still enjoyed it. I think they have taken Deb's character in the right direction. And the introduction of Charlotte Rampling's character is going to make it very interesting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    I know people had been complaining about how it had gone downhill in previous seasons, but I have still enjoyed it.
    Well, admittedly one has to suspend an incredible amount of disbelief nowadays to think no one in Miami Metro has caught onto Dexter's extra curricular activities. Doakes, LaGuerta, Rita, serial killer brother...no one recognizing a common thread between all these deaths? Really?

And don't even get me started on the ridiculousness that led to LeGuerta's death.

But since it's the final season, I'm willing to finish the ride out. Despite the plot holes, it's still been a fun show with some amazing character-driven moments.

Honestly, I can forgive it all just for the kick-ass scenes between Dexter and Deb last season, and even in this episode.

This show, at its core, was always about that relationship, and it's such a treat to watch all the crazy dynamics of it played out and come full circle now.

That's all I really care about: that they pay off these character moments that have been foreshadowed since season 1, and they seem to be doing that.

And someone give Jennifer Carpenter an Emmy already! Her portrayal of Deb's downward spiral has been amazing to watch.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    I feel cheated and disappointed. That had to be one of the worst finales a series could have. The episode was all over the place and made no sense....to me anyway.

Sad to see such a great show end this way.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast