Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis View Post
    Is it really worse than generic Samson and Delilah for the 100th time? Or Rhapsody in Blue? Or Turandot?
    Yes, but maybe just barely. Samson and Delilah would be ok for me after a 5-10 year hiatus. You may burn every copy of the other two. It's a sad world we're living in though if the only choices are overused garbage or brand new garbage. Now if someone were to skate to instrumental Garbage, the band- that I could get on board with...

vCash
    ITA with haribobo. Why is it overused garbage or new garbage? There's so much non-garbage!

vCash
    I feel about it the way I felt about Tabitha Yim's Blues for Klook floor routine. Not my cup of tea, but there are parts I like and really love the effort to break out of the ordinary, safe kind of program.

I would have cut the music differently so that Christina's wailing sounded less ... scatalogical, but it doesn't bother me as much as it seems to bother others. Bluesy - jazz is a sorely underutilized genre in skating, generally, especially for ladies.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I couldn't care less about the music. I just want her to get her confidence back and skate like I know she can.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Oof, Puccini and Gershwin can't catch a break in FSU.

I agree with you rfisher. I loved her performances in Japan over the summer. She skated with such a spirit and joy.

vCash
    IMHO Kerrigan's "Paradise and the Master" give this one a run for its money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    I couldn't care less about the music. I just want her to get her confidence back and skate like I know she can.
    That too, sigh.

vCash
    I & K's FD is my nominee for worst program track (I hesitate to call it music).

vCash
    I like Christina Aguilera, but not for this.... It also seems too sophisticated for a teenager to be skating to - even if it's in a sheer-look top that leaves little to the imagination. That said, my vote for worst music this season goes to Trankov & Volosozhar's shrill saxophone piece. Ouch, my ears!

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haribobo View Post
    I can't think of any music I've hated more than this Aguilera travesty. I don't hate Xtina but this sloppy mess of music of just inexcusable. She needs to dump this program NOW.
    I dunno .. some of the Edvin Marton techno classics make me want to rip my ears off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haribobo View Post
    I can't think of any music I've hated more than this Aguilera travesty. I don't hate Xtina but this sloppy mess of music of just inexcusable. She needs to dump this program NOW.
    At least she's trying something different, which is more than I can say for a lot of the top skaters out there.

vCash
    A piece of safe, overused music can bore me to sleep yes (Zhang's Turandotzzz), but it really doesn't frustrate me enough to want to mute the computer like when I watched this Sotnikova program.

Point is, it's good to try something new, but this is obviously a failed attempt.

Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash
    For some reason the Russian girls, Sotnikova, Lipnitskaia and Tuktamysheva and their programs, remind me less of free skating exhibitions in their construction and more like gymnastics floor routines. They seem to tumble from trick to trick at either end of the rink grabbing their legs to their heads, with not a great deal of connection to the music.

vCash
    Just rewatched Nancy Kerrigan's 1992 short program, and that music was pretty bad. Maybe worse than Sotnikova's.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v6qwtKRKeM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alj5 View Post
    Just rewatched Nancy Kerrigan's 1992 short program, and that music was pretty bad. Maybe worse than Sotnikova's.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v6qwtKRKeM
    it sounds like the soundtrack from an eighties cartoon. so many random changes... love her shoot the duck --> 2Lz! all her signature spin positions were cool; seems like no one does those variations in their camel spins anymore because of the rotation requirement.

god i loved the end of her fs that year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by essence_of_soy View Post
    For some reason the Russian girls, Sotnikova, Lipnitskaia and Tuktamysheva and their programs, remind me less of free skating exhibitions in their construction and more like gymnastics floor routines. They seem to tumble from trick to trick at either end of the rink grabbing their legs to their heads, with not a great deal of connection to the music.
    Exactly my thought, and my fear, especially with Lipnitskaya. I have the feeling that Figure Skating is more and more like gymnastic : spectacular, but not artistic at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    A piece of safe, overused music can bore me to sleep yes (Zhang's Turandotzzz), but it really doesn't frustrate me enough to want to mute the computer like when I watched this Sotnikova program.

Point is, it's good to try something new, but this is obviously a failed attempt.
    Definitely agree. For me, not only is the music grating, but the program doesn't feel cohesive at all. I think Sotnikova has a performance ability and heart to her skating the separates her from the other Russian young ladies, but this program does nothing for her and she doesn't really have good jump technique to fall back on either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by essence_of_soy View Post
    Wonderful analogy. Although I am actually becoming impressed by Tuk this season. And Sot is also a musical skater, as shown by her short program and her programs in the 2010-11 season. She just doesn't always have the vehicle.

vCash
    I feel like Sotnikova's FS music wouldn't bother me as much if she was skating better than she has been thus far this season....

vCash
    Ohhhh I forgot about that one because I was so busy hating the ghost soundtrack piece. Seriously...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast