Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

vCash

Is Sotnikova's FS music the worst of all time?

I can't think of any music I've hated more than this Aguilera travesty. I don't hate Xtina but this sloppy mess of music of just inexcusable. She needs to dump this program NOW.

vCash
    Yes. The howling would have been OK if it wasn't used 3 times.

Liebestraum was boring but at least it was pretty.

vCash
    I like the end, but even that is slightly grating after the billionth time. Can't stand the program. She needs something more substantial. There are so many stunning film scores, if that's what she wants. Modern ones, too: Snow White and the Huntsman, Hunger Games, Alice in Wonderland...she can do something unique and modern that's still more potentially lasting than Burlesque.

vCash
    The vocalizing near the end really doesn't work. I thinks it's fine in the beginning though but not near the end. But not on the top of the list of problems with her.

vCash
    ...So I'm trying to not let her music choice irritate me too much because I like Adelina's skating, but also because I fear that she is just doing us a favor, by preparing us for what music choices will be like after 2015...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DimaToe View Post
    ...So I'm trying to not let her music choice irritate me too much because I like Adelina's skating, but also because I fear that she is just doing us a favor, by preparing us for what music choices will be like after 2015...
    and this is why I'm bummed.

I see tasteful uses of music with words. I also see some crappy ones. And I'm afraid that the tasteful stuff will be harder to come by.

vCash
    I/K's FD gives it a run for the money...

vCash
    Yes, yes a million times yes! I just can't watch her long program unless I put it on mute. Second year in a row that a Russian lady has one of the most horrible music for the LP. Although I could watch Makarova's without the sound on mute.

vCash
    I must be the only one who loves Sotnikova's music and program. She's obviously not got her feet under her yet this season, but I love the character of this program, especially the step sequence...so different from what other ladies are doing (and not only different, but musical and engaging). I hope we get to see it performed 'full-out' later this season. I really like that she takes chances with her choreography, and that she has the ability to pull it off. For me Sotnikova's Xtina is good voidy, while Makarova's Marilyn was very bad voidy.

vCash
    I&K's is far worse.
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

vCash
    I could maybe ignore the xtina wailing, but it unfortunately also uses includes parts of that wretched At Last. This program is dead to me.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticHaze View Post
    Although I could watch Makarova's without the sound on mute.
    This, however, I could watch over and over for the lols.

vCash
    Yes. It is the worst, all disciplines considered.

Roses are red, violets are blue, this poem is dumb and so are you.
    vCash
    I EFFING HATE HER LP MUSIC!!! It's a shame because I love Adelina and her skating, but I've never been a fan of Aguilera's tendency to over-sing and overpower songs, particularly one as beautiful as "At Last." Poor Etta James . . . to have been in the same room with her when she first heard Christina murder that song . . . such a travesty! She butchered all the guts from that song and torched up the bones along with it.

Helping Mirai choose between Italian dressing and vinaigrette.
    vCash
    I just busted out laughing when I saw this thread title since I was just watching the Cup of Russia on Universal Sports. Yes, her FS music is pretty horrible.

vCash
    The program itself isn't that bad. I don't like the use of the Christina Aguilera vocals. They took a song with words and chopped and edited is so that there would be no words...the actual song is awesome! It's one of my favorites off the Burlesque soundtrack and I get what she was trying to do. I think she could have found some more cohesive pieces of music.

However, that version of "At Last" is absolutely beautiful (the saxophone section right after the first round of vocals). I need to look it up to see where I can download it. I love that part of the program too...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Yes. The howling would have been OK if it wasn't used 3 times.

Liebestraum was boring but at least it was pretty.
    When I tell you i hate Christina's voice there. I agree that the 3 times is just overkill. I like really hate it. Adelina mentioned in an interview that she was having a rough time doing what she does in practice in competitions. That noise that she is skating to does not help. I love tarasova but she has really tanked Adelina's style big time

vCash
    does she have time to change it before her Nationals?

Tinami 2012
    vCash
    Is it really worse than generic Samson and Delilah for the 100th time? Or Rhapsody in Blue? Or Turandot?

I agree, the music cuts are strange and could be improved, but kudos for trying something original.

Sotnikova's jump technique makes me cringe more than her music.

vCash
    It is unfortunate as she's the only Russian "former Junior Girl" that I like but.....I think this is one of the worst long program music selections in years .. What a shame

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis View Post
    Is it really worse than generic Samson and Delilah for the 100th time? Or Rhapsody in Blue? Or Turandot?
    ITA

It's refreshing that she didn't just pick a song off of skating's greatest hits.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast