vCash

Is anyone still watchining?

I confess to still going to the NBC page to watch replays - my version of going to the movies.

I finally got through all the qualifying for Women's Gymnastics - all 4 apparatus and every performance. I find I'm not the best at being able to tell who is better than someone else at the "lower" levels. I am now watching Women's qualifying with the Shannon Miller commentary. The commentary is helping me pick up what I missed on my own.

One gymnast I did notice on my own (and confirmed with the commentary) is Millousi from Greece. I really liked her floor routine. Not the hardest difficulty but her performance was lovely. I also liked her leotard - pretty much my favorite.

*Note - I remember some discussion of not being able to hear the music in the commentary version. The music audio is much better in the vault specific video.
    Last edited by A.H.Black; 11-12-2012 at 08:04 PM.

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    I forgot about the replays! Thanks for reminding me. I'm currently watching the women's qualifications.

vCash
    Not exactly rewatching, but this event, BBC Sports Personality of the Year is going to be really tough over here this year in particular http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/sports-...ality/20466947 so many athletes to choose from which is great for Team GB

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Yes, BBC Sports Personality of the Year is going to be tough - Andy Murray (First British male finalist at Wimbledon in over 70 years/Grand Slam title/Olympic Gold), Bradley Wiggins (Tour de France/Olympic Gold), Mo Farah (Double Olympic Gold), Jessica Ennis (Poster Girl Olympic Games/Olympic Gold)....
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    I'd put in a vote for Bradley Wiggins, Jessica Ennis and Ben Ainslie - as well as the GB gymnastics team if I could

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Yes, BBC Sports Personality of the Year is going to be tough - Andy Murray (First British male finalist at Wimbledon in over 70 years/Grand Slam title/Olympic Gold), Bradley Wiggins (Tour de France/Olympic Gold), Mo Farah (Double Olympic Gold), Jessica Ennis (Poster Girl Olympic Games/Olympic Gold)....
    To name but 4 11 of the 12 are either Olympians(8) or Para-olympians(3) - any of which would be a worthy winner!! And thank goodness the 12th isn't a footballer

I must admit Mo probably has my vote - but Wiggo is also a top contender as well. I just hope that come the show the BBC have sorted out the copyright issues with Channel 4 so we can get to see the Para-olympians olympic moments on the show - instead of the stills they have been showing up until now!!

vCash
    I've just realised that the equestrian team isn't on the list and they were brilliant (who'd have thought jumping and dancing horses would make me and at the same time. Mind you so did just about every event I watched including the opening/closing ceremonies hmmm think I'll David Weir to my list he was inspirational.

Anyhoo, fancy a new toy anyone?

http://www.itv.com/news/2012-11-30/s...-be-auctioned/

vCash
    My choice would be David Weir- magnificent achievement, gold in 800m, 1500m, 5000m and marathon. but I doubt if a para-olympian will be in the top 3 unfortunately.

vCash
    As of today, the NBC London page has disappeared. The site is now up for Sochi. No more watching videos for me.

vCash
    For UK forummers- news just out that C4 have acquired the rights to the 2014 and 2016 paralympics.
    The broadcaster has confirmed that it will show over 45 hours from the Winter Games in Sochi, Russia, and 500 hours from the summer version in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Channel 4 will also cover other major international para-sport events in the lead-up to Rio 2016, including July's IPC Athletics World Championships from Lyon, France, and August's IPC Swimming World Championships in Montreal, Canada.
    It is such good news that para-sports are finally getting better recognition (although still along way to go) now we just need the broadcasters/media to realise that there are other sports other than the top 5-6 and that women also play sport.