Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by masik View Post
    Nikita Romanov-11 years old son of Irina Romanova and Igor Yaroshenko(1994,1998 Olympics) was fifth in SA Regionals in juvenile this year. He also is an actor/model/musician and plays golf
    http://phpgajr.bluegolf.com/bluegolf...1012/index.htm
    Wow! I liked them!

vCash
    Nikita Romanov-11 years old son of Irina Romanova and Igor Yaroshenko(1994,1998 Olympics) was fifth in SA Regionals in juvenile this year. He also is an actor/model/musician and plays golf

Thanks for the info.

It looks like he was almost born on the ice-literally I bet he has good costuming as well.

vCash
    Yes, Liza Kulik, who's 11, competed at her first Regionals in Juvenile this past October . If you have an IceNetwork subscription you can watch her compete (she skated #11 of 15).
    There is a video of her skate at the Kulik's Skating site
    http://www.kuliksskating.com/events/...pionships.html

You can see Ilia & Katia behind the boards as she enters.

Love her lutz entrance. It looks just like her Dad's. IMO she got his jumping genes. They really look quite big and easy for her.

vCash
    This has got to be the cutest routine ever

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan M View Post

Love her lutz entrance. It looks just like her Dad's. IMO she got his jumping genes. They really look quite big and easy for her.
    the jumps, time will tell. she hasn't had her growth spurt yet.

vCash
    he jumps, time will tell. she hasn't had her growth spurt yet.
    Sure, that's always the case at this level - and we're not even looking at triples yet. Still, I couldn't help admiring that deep outside edge on the lutz takeoff. As I watched the Icenetwork video, it was obvious that even some of the best skaters in this group had jumps way too small to expect them to survive. I thought Liza's were among the biggest - but she is likely to be tallish for a singles skater.

vCash
    Concerning Liza Kulik, it's very pleasant to see a very young skater doing high jumps. So often children who can do double jumps seem to not even take off of the ice !
    So I hope she will pass the bar of triple jumps, wich is highly possible considering her jumps height and the easeness she demonstrates.

Vacant
    vCash
    Thanks for linking the video of Liza Kulik. If she keeps going in the sport, she'll have some superb skating skills and her jumps have such quality to them already. So is Ilia teaching her jumps and Katia skating skills? If so, they're doing a great job with her. It will be interesting to watch her develop.

vCash
    So is Ilia teaching her jumps and Katia skating skills?
    Don't know about the rest, but it is obvious IMO that he taught her the lutz. The steps into it are identical to the entrance he's always used. I wonder where she is with her edge jumps. I think we only saw an axel here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by floskate View Post
    Thanks for linking the video of Liza Kulik. If she keeps going in the sport, she'll have some superb skating skills and her jumps have such quality to them already. So is Ilia teaching her jumps and Katia skating skills? If so, they're doing a great job with her. It will be interesting to watch her develop.
    Ilia and Katia have not specifically spoken about coaching Liza. But, according to the December issue of IFS, at their rink, Ilia focuses on teaching jumping technique and Katia focuses on teaching younger skaters and skating skills.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by merrywidow View Post
    He looks like Sergei!
    I said the exact same thing when I saw that picture. They are too adorable and I'll have to keep my eyes open for them as the years go on.

Sigh...I remember when his Birth Announcement and picture w/Marina and Sergei was posted here.

Talk about feeling old....LOL!!!

vCash
    Annabelle Morozov did well at last compettions
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m24BtLdLcxw

vCash
    Annabelle Morozov won Juvenile Girls at North Atlantic Regionals in October (video link above) and finished 5th at Eastern Sectionals earlier this month (top 4 qualify for Nationals).

ETA:
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    I said the exact same thing when I saw that picture. They are too adorable and I'll have to keep my eyes open for them as the years go on.

Sigh...I remember when his Birth Announcement and picture w/Marina and Sergei was posted here.
    I think it was the birth announcement of Anthony Ponomarenko's older brother, Timofei (born 1998), that was posted here. Anthony was born in 2001.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 11-22-2012 at 01:50 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I know this is old but I haven't been to this site in years...

Sarah Feng is a singles skater that skates at the same rink as Anthony and she caught their eye (the Ponomarenkos). She started dancing with Anthony shortly after. So they didn't really have extensive tryouts I don't think, or the need to import skaters from anywhere. She also has a younger sister who skates. They're homeschooled so they're at the rink a lot. They're nice girls. Anthony goes to school so she gets to skate a lot more than he does.

If you saw their older son, Tim, you'd be like wow, Anthony got Marina's DNA and Tim is ALL Sergei!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan M View Post

She's got talent! She has her mother's posture and lines, and her father's jumps. What level is she at?

ETA: Just saw the earlier post- Juvenile.

vCash
    Elizaveta (Liza) Kulik is a second year Juvenile.

Link to this year's thread on this topic: Children of Notable (or not) Skaters
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123