Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    Thanks for the link! Those two are terrific! Great skating there and still so young!

I think Anthony has a bit of both of his parents. I thought of Sergei at first glance but then I could see Marina in those features too!

vCash
    Sarah Feng, Ponomarenko's dance partner, has qualified for US Nationals at the Novice level (first in Pacific Coast Sectionals).

I wonder if she also skates pairs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan M View Post
    It's going to be hard to avoid the pressure of expectations. For their ages, this team is really good. I watched the Icenetwork video from this event and their competitors looked a lot bigger and a lot older. They also had noticeably more ease and fluidity on their ice than the others. (And not just him. I don't know where they found Feng, but she's a pistol.) I think they did a smart thing in taking them to train on the same ice with Olympic caliber skaters, so they can see how much work they still have to do.

Browsing around Youtube, I found a video of him doing double flip. Does he also compete in singles? (The video shows him doing SBS 2 flips with a girl, but from the laughter I think it was just coincidence.)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0F9IFZAlzc
    Couldn't help but notice the golden waltz music in the background

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Sarah Feng, Ponomarenko's dance partner, has qualified for US Nationals at the Novice level (first in Pacific Coast Sectionals).

I wonder if she also skates pairs.
    Feng doesn't compete in pairs AFAIK, and she qualified in 4th place in Novice Ladies at Pacifics (USFS' list of qualifiers is alphabetical by discipline/event).
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Beach Bum
    vCash
    How cute! They are very good. And that photo in their Cats costumes - they look like they are the cat's pajamas! How adorable!
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Couldn't help but notice the golden waltz music in the background
    You think there might be just a little pressure for him to be good at the Golden Waltz.

Oh wait... the compulsory patterns will probably have disappeared by the time he hits seniors.

vCash
    Feng ... qualified in 4th place in Novice Ladies at Pacifics (USFS' list of qualifiers is alphabetical by discipline/event).
    Doh, I didn't even notice they were alphabetized and just assumed the numbers meant something. Anyway, thanks for the correction. I did hunt a bit and was not able to find the actual results sheets from sectionals or regionals. I found the videos at icenetwork, but not a straightforward list of results.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    I did hunt a bit and was not able to find the actual results sheets from sectionals or regionals. I found the videos at icenetwork, but not a straightforward list of results.
    I posted Sectional results/video links in my blog: http://unseenskaters.wordpress.com/2...tionals-links/ (click on the Regionals link in the navigation bar up top for Regionals results/video links)
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    I posted Sectional results/video links in my blog: http://unseenskaters.wordpress.com/2...tionals-links/ (click on the Regionals link in the navigation bar up top for Regionals results/video links)
    Thanks for the info I just noticed that one of the judges for Novice Ice Dance is Linda Leaver-Brian Boitano's former coach.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lulu View Post
    I just noticed that one of the judges for Novice Ice Dance is Linda Leaver-Brian Boitano's former coach.
    No, that's a different Linda Leaver (judge from Utah).

ETA other children of famous skaters who have qualified for U.S. Nationals:
    Katia Shpilband in Junior Ladies (daughter of Igor Shpilband & his ex-wife Veronica Pershina whose pair partner was Marat Akbarov)
    Daniel Petrenko in Novice Men (son of Vladimir Petrenko, younger brother of Viktor)
    Gabriella Marvaldi in Intermediate Pairs (daughter of Isabelle Brasseur & Rocky Marval)
    Maxim Naumov in Juvenile Boys (son of Evgenia Shishkova & Maxim Naumov)
    Last edited by Sylvia; 11-20-2012 at 02:26 AM.

vCash
    Just kidding. Who would have thought, there are two Linda Leavers in the figure skating world.

vCash

Katia Shpilband in Junior Ladies (daughter of Igor Shpilband & his ex-wife Veronica Pershina whose pair partner was Marat Akbarov)
    Daniel Petrenko in Novice Men (son of Vladimir Petrenko, younger brother of Viktor)
    Gabriella Marvaldi in Intermediate Pairs (daughter of Isabelle Brasseur & Rocky Marval)
    Good for them, I wish them all the best!

Does Liza Kulik compete? I saw her in the Disson show on Sunday and she is very talented. She's obviously had more training than someone who is skating just for fun.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniferlyon View Post
    Does Liza Kulik compete? I saw her in the Disson show on Sunday and she is very talented. She's obviously had more training than someone who is skating just for fun.
    Yes, Liza Kulik, who's 11, competed at her first Regionals in Juvenile this past October and was very close to making the Final round -- 5th in SWP Regionals, Juv. qualifying round group D with an excellent score and jumps through 2Lz, but it was the toughest/deepest group (her low spin levels also cost her). If you have an IceNetwork subscription you can watch her compete (she skated #11 of 15).

vCash

Thanks for the info and best luck to all of them! Gabriella and her partner won the 2012 title at the Juvenile level last year.

YEAH!
    vCash
    What about Viktor Petrenko's daughter - does she compete?

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    What about Viktor Petrenko's daughter - does she compete?
    Not anymore - she competes in tennis now: http://www.northjersey.com/sports/17...html?scpromo=1

vCash
    So many great Russian skater in US!!!!

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Just remembered that young Anthony Ponomarenko was featured in Lynn K. & Logan G-S' vlog from the Senior B & Challenge Skate in Salt Lake City back in September (believe this IN video is free and not geo-blocked): Anthony demonstrates his dance moves to Logan in SLC starting around the 3:30 mark.

vCash
    Are the Krylova-Camerlengo kids taking skating lessons?
    Don't waste those good genes!

vCash
    Nikita Romanov-11 years old son of Irina Romanova and Igor Yaroshenko(1994,1998 Olympics) was fifth in SA Regionals in juvenile this year. He also is an actor/model/musician and plays golf
    http://phpgajr.bluegolf.com/bluegolf...1012/index.htm

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast