View Poll Results: Who should coach I&K?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stay with Morozov

5 6.02%
  • Beg Zhulin to take them back even though he said he never would

14 16.87%
  • Shpilband

33 39.76%
  • Zoueva

5 6.02%
  • Krylova

22 26.51%
  • Kustarova

3 3.61%
  • Svinin & Zhuk

10 12.05%
  • Platov

14 16.87%
  • Gorshkov

3 3.61%
  • Linichuk

15 18.07%
  • Nechaeva & Chesnichenko

2 2.41%
  • Other (please specify)

1 1.20%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    YEAH!
    vCash

Who should coach I&K?

Their programs this season have been met with near-universal hate, but silver in a GP is a best ever result. So should they stick with Morozov, or would you like to see them with someone else?

vCash
    watching their FD , I had to mute as it was too offensive and embarassing to me with the voice overs
    Morozov is a hit/miss mostly cheesy, I/K are really talented I want them to go to Igors

vCash
    Lol the poll is like should they move to Michigan or stay in Russia. Be where the cool people are. Michigan.

vCash
    I'd like to see them with Svinin & Zhuk. They seem to want innovative programs...that's where they are likely to get some IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    I'd like to see them with Svinin & Zhuk. They seem to want innovative programs...that's where they are likely to get some IMO.
    If they're looking for someone closer to home, I agree Svinin & Zhuk are a great choice for them imo
    Zhuk has done many interesting programs even for single skaters

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Linichuk! They need someone who's strict with a firm hand.

vCash
    I'd say anyone but Morozov.
    Really, this team is talented but their programs are just bad bad taste (and old school), IMO.

vCash
    I feel like they would do well with Krylova if they listened to her and worked hard (big, big if), but I don't know if she'd take them. She has too many students already.
    Svinin and Zhuk would be a good option since they have Stepanova and Bukin for a good rivalry.
    Linichuk would be my pick to whip their asses into shape. She wouldn't let them slack off. And she has shown herself capable of producing good choreography in CoP (see Denkova and Staviski)

vCash
    Igor? Novi might be a good place for them. Post Shpilband/Zoueva, I actually think I liked Igor better all along but THOUGHT I preferred Marina's style. Igor would probably take on their work ethic and hone their natural talent. I don't think he'd let them slack. He'd also have the occasional visit from Cappellini/Lanotte to provide I/K with a kick in the pants.

Of course, as long as they leave Morozov, I really don't care where they go (unless they try to coach themselves or something nuts).

vCash
    Add me to the list of anyone but Morozov. They are my favourite Russian team but their programs this year are glittered shyte.
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight1 View Post
    They are my favourite Russian team but their programs this year are glittered shyte.
    I wish they had some glitter in their FD costumes! They are so BLAH.

I can't really decide because while choreography is an issue, I still think they need some work on the basics. To that end I am thinking Linichuk or Platov, but both have had questionable taste in recent years. Krylova is probably a good mix of technique and code-whoring and choreo, but I've yet to love any FDs coming out of her camp (they are better than Morozov's though of course). Shpilband is a let down so far and I also saw him as more of a technical coach in terms of level/GOE but not stuff like posture and edgework (think B&A).

vCash
    Yes anyone but Morozov. What has he done to them? He choreographed this thing didn't he? The 'music' is horrible and she looks like she's wearing a sack. I know Demi Moore look, whatever this thing needs to be trashed ASAP. It's awful. As I said in another post when I watch it I don't know whether to oror Zhulin's probably doing a little bit of both I imagine.

I agree Cherub721 they do need to work on their basics as well. Stop acting like you're gunning for gold and do the work. I suppose Morozov put that line of thinking in their heads as well.
    Last edited by sequins; 11-11-2012 at 06:01 PM.

vCash
    Ya I was going by her short dance outfit... over the top glittery

The free dance outfits are just awful. If you are doing the play do the play...don't take from the movie too.
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

vCash
    Good grief I hadn't even seen their SD yet so I went and watch it.....I have nothing nice to say so I just won't and the outfits? Ya you could say 'over the top glittery' for sure

vCash
    But your name suggests you like sequins

vCash
    In the interest of being fair, Morosov isn't the only coach who has ups and downs when it comes to choreography. However, with the Olympics next season and I&K looking to set themselves up for the four years after Sochi, I'm not sure they should wait around for Morosov's choreography to trend back towards the better material he has come up with.

I voted for Linichuk because of the comments regarding I&K's work ethic or lack thereof. Linichuk is the one coach who most definitely would not coddle Elena and Nikita and she would make them work their butts off. I also disagree that all of Linichuk's programs are horrible and her style would certainly suit I&K.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight1 View Post
    But your name suggests you like sequins
    I wish those were just sequins they're like giant ass jewels, she's bejewelled!

vCash
    The only skaters I really think Linichuk did any justice to were Krylova and Ovsiannikov. Other than a couple programs here and there with G&P, B&A and D&S, I think the sport has passed her by with code of points.

Elena is using the power of the Tatjana Navka headband.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriaheidi View Post
    Igor? Novi might be a good place for them. Post Shpilband/Zoueva, I actually think I liked Igor better all along but THOUGHT I preferred Marina's style. Igor would probably take on their work ethic and hone their natural talent. I don't think he'd let them slack. He'd also have the occasional visit from Cappellini/Lanotte to provide I/K with a kick in the pants.

Of course, as long as they leave Morozov, I really don't care where they go (unless they try to coach themselves or something nuts).
    Igor has a FIRM hand and expects that his skaters work their butts off from what I have seen. He's intense but very present and encouraging. I saw the way that Ekaterina and Ilia react to him and I think that if a team respects him and wants to grow he's amazing.

It seems like Russian female coaches are more on board with the skaters who have antics. I reference Yagudin/Tarasova and Galina/Johnny. It may be a good deal for them to go to Linichuk however I believe that a different choreographer might be best.

vCash
    Am I the only one who thinks that Morozov has not choreographed anything good dance team wise since Bourne and Kratz? It's almost like he has a hard time weaving the skating skills and highlights together. The work does not look fresh at all!!!

Camerlengo/Krylova have a deep team of people who work with the dance teams. There is N. Dellar, E. Punsalon, M. Scali as well as Camerlengo and Krylova. I bring this up because each coach has a specialty and really work within that framework. However, the dance teams are expected to train on their own and work the technique taught to them by doing repetitions. I dont think that this would be a good place for a team that is not motivated to bust their butts open training. However, if you enjoy the training process then you will flourish here. Skaters who put a lot into the work get a lot out of it. All of the professionals are very professional and work incredibly well with all the skaters. The dance teams are so respectful and encouraging of each other until I completely see why the turnover is not high. It's like every coach on the team exploits their strengths.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast