Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eHFR04GGM0&feature=plcp
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpqbucv6_kI&feature=plcp
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mNGXcgxq60&feature=plcp

Here you go. The "camerawork" is bad, sorry about that, I had lots of heads in front of me and I was trying to maneuver it as best I could. I only recorded T&S's answers, the rest was spoken in Russian and anyway, I wasn't even sure I could upload it because of the sound quality.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Yes! Thank you. And Lissa I'm hoping frida will upload the British version.

Oh yes I know that YT channel, hopefully that will be soon!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IoanaC View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eHFR04GGM0&feature=plcp
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpqbucv6_kI&feature=plcp
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mNGXcgxq60&feature=plcp

Here you go. The "camerawork" is bad, sorry about that, I had lots of heads in front of me and I was trying to maneuver it as best I could. I only recorded T&S's answers, the rest was spoken in Russian and anyway, I wasn't even sure I could upload it because of the sound quality.
    Don't worry, seriously appreciate you doing this!!

vCash
    There was one more interesting moment during the press conf, one guy asked Elena and Nikita what they thought about the scores they had received at the Crystal Cup in Brasov, which were almost equal to what T&S got here. Basically, he asked "Did you really think you would be at the same level with Virtue and Moir?!" Of course she answered that they hadn't really payed attention to the scores, just wanted to have a competition under their belt before CoR. Sure... That's why they declared in the press releases that this year they're ready to challenge the Olympic champs.

vCash
    OK, I'm NOT Italian, but I can speak it more or less. Here's what I understood.

First, they talk about how this is a very different take on Carmen than that of Anna and Luca, but they are left speechless because they feel this is another level of skating. They are impressed with how difficult and intricate the program is: the step sequences and transitions have a level of difficulty and risk they described as insane. They actually used that adjective. When the camera cuts to Tarasova giving them a standing ovation, they say that that image right there speaks more than anything anyone might add to the commentary.

One of them says that this type of modern interpretation is not her thing, she prefers a more traditional Carmen, but that this is a different take on the original story, definitely more rooted in modern dance. They say this is evident not just in the dance itself, but in the costumes they are using. However, they feel this was a very well interpreted and well-studied dance. One of them (I really wish I knew their names) says that the final lift is incredible, then the other one says that all the lifts are unbelievable.

The only observation they have is that it doesn't flow as freely as one might be accustomed from them. She says she spoke with Paola Mezzadri yesterday and she told her that it is such an intricate program that the transitions between elements do not flow too seamlessly yet. Mezzadri said they are still assimilating the program, but that this Carmen should be on top form by the end of the season.

Then the commentator says that she liked it today much better than Skate Canada. The other one says that it's maybe because Anna and Luca were not there, so they did not feel the need to compare both programs. She says that, yes, maybe it is that, but also she feels that it did flow better, they were more determined and overall it was a more refined program.

They liked that they have taken risks because teams who are this superb can and should take risks. They have dared taking the Carmen storyline and produce something different. They said that V-M have precisely stressed that in the past, that they want their own Carmen to be like no other.

Finally, they talked about how very physically demanding the program is, specially for Scott.

And that's it. If I missed something, probably one of you who is Italian can tell me LOL.

vCash
    I don't think you've missed anything
    By the way the woman who said she talked with Paola Mezzadri is Franca Bianconi, coach of Berton/Hotarek. The other woman is the RAI sport journalist who covers figure skating, Arianna Secondini.
    A grumpy Canadian will always be nicer than a polite Milanese

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IoanaC View Post
    There was one more interesting moment during the press conf, one guy asked Elena and Nikita what they thought about the scores they had received at the Crystal Cup in Brasov, which were almost equal to what T&S got here. Basically, he asked "Did you really think you would be at the same level with Virtue and Moir?!" Of course she answered that they hadn't really payed attention to the scores, just wanted to have a competition under their belt before CoR. Sure... That's why they declared in the press releases that this year they're ready to challenge the Olympic champs.

Wait, the Russians got marks like V&M at that comp early in the season? lol never knew that, but was this a Russian commentator asking them this at the RC? clearly their marks were no where near T&S here..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pingu View Post
    I don't think you've missed anything
    By the way the woman who said she talked with Paola Mezzadri is Franca Bianconi, coach of Berton/Hotarek. The other woman is the RAI sport journalist who covers figure skating, Arianna Secondini.
    Phew! Grazie mille

I like them both, they seem very well informed. It's also great that they can separate themselves from their more traditional tastes and appreciate this program for what it is. Their short dance commentary was spot on too.

vCash
    Congrats to V&M for their unstoppable success. Looks real good en route to Sochi.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    It looked great to me. Of course, it's much easier to say that when there are no obvious errors like the two glitches at SC. They were a little behind in their music in one section, but it didn't bother me too much. The thing I noticed the most was the little trouble with the spin, but even that wasn't huge. I thoroughly enjoyed this performance. Seeing Tarasova standing really did say everything. I can hardly wait to see how it progresses through the season.

vCash

vCash
    Thank you for the translation Golightly (and Pingu for checking it lol).

Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    Stunning!

vCash
    i hear people say that the judges don't like the program ala sphilband's comment. i think people are still in a 6.0 mood where they think their reaction to the program actually matters. it doesn't. it doesn't matter if you like it or don't. what matters are the movements that make up the finished product. are they on the right edge? did they hold the lift long enough? that is what is judged, by levels, goe, pcs... and there is actual criteria for each number.

anyway, i had someone check the scores on their iphone for me. i subtracted the sd scores and spent 6 hours wondering why they scored so low. ugh.
    Last edited by iggie; 11-11-2012 at 12:26 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    anyway, i had someone check the scores on their iphone for me. i subtracted the sd scores and spent 6 hours wondering why they scored so low. ugh.
    You thought the 103 was too low? I wished they were higher too tbh. I'm like appreciate this amazing program you judges lol!!!

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    i hear people say that the judges don't like the program ala sphilband's comment. i think people are still in a 6.0 mood where they think their reaction to the program actually matters. it doesn't. it doesn't matter if you like it or don't. what matters are the movements that make up the finished product. are they on the right edge? did they hold the lift long enough? that is what is judged, by levels, goe, pcs... and there is actual criteria for each number. ff shows that you don't need to have the "it" program to win because it's not about "it" programs when it comes to scores.

Ignore the people who are latching on to that comment from Igor. Igor's comment was sour grapes. Given the overall reaction to that program, I think most people--including the judges--like it. The people who are quoting that comment from Igor are haters looking for anything to put V/M down with. It's going to be a very long season if all of us don't just block them out. Also, keep this in mind for a little perspective, not everyone loved T/D's Bolero either. If you want more reassurance, they got a standing ovation in Russia from Tarasova today. There's not much else to say after that, I promise.

I think their score is fine for this point in the season. They lost 1 point for the lift that was too long, which puts them right at what they had at SC. They only had a week and a half at home, and in that time, it was the SD that needed more attention. I'm fully expecting both programs to have had a growth spurt by the time the GPF gets here in almost a month.

vCash
    gerbil, i didn't even know there was a deduction. when i came home and saw the minus one, i bumped the score mentally up to 104.

it is a cool program, but if they have to get the technical part right because it is a technical exercise at its heart. they can push themselves, but in doing so, they can't sacrifce the technique. as cool as it is, they're not being marked for "cool"

it's their second competition and they will get their feet under them soon. and they have a good chunk of time to regroup and push this program forward.

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    it's an amazing program, but it's still a technical exercise that they have to get right at the very core. they want to push themselves, but they have to get that part right or it doesn't matter how amazing the program because there are no marks for "OMG this is amazing!"
    And they will get there with the technical side of this. Have a little patience with them, OK.

If you want to make yourself feel better, go back and watch Farrucus and Mahler progress during the 09/10 season from their debut through the Olympics.

vCash
    i remember the 2009 gp series. i remember it well. i remember last season as well. i still have faith. it will come together.
    Last edited by iggie; 11-11-2012 at 12:51 AM.

vCash
    I love it love it love it & just want to see it on British Eurosport, someone please upload it soon that has it on there....

vCash
    i just realized that tessa does this backflip, twist in mid air to start the second last lift. woah.

Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast