Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

vCash
    Moir and Virtue don’t intend to lose to American rivals again http://www.thestar.com/sports/figure...-again-dimanno

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marikat View Post
    Moir and Virtue don’t intend to lose to American rivals again http://www.thestar.com/sports/figure...-again-dimanno
    Including Meryl and Charlie in the "Russian ice-dance school", simply because of their speed and dramatic expression, just shows how clueless Di Manno is. If there is one team currently skating that has the trademarks of the classical Russian style - balletic lines, toe-point, elegance, soft knees - it's V/M.

Still, we should be thankful she didn't put words in their mouth like she did with Patrick Chan in yesterday's article about Plushenko. All skaters should just stay away from that woman...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IoanaC View Post
    Including Meryl and Charlie in the "Russian ice-dance school", simply because of their speed and dramatic expression, just shows how clueless Di Manno is. If there is one team currently skating that has the trademarks of the classical Russian style - balletic lines, toe-point, elegance, soft knees - it's V/M.

Still, we should be thankful she didn't put words in their mouth like she did with Patrick Chan in yesterday's article about Plushenko. All skaters should just stay away from that woman...
    Yes,I found that argument very strange,too. V/M have a lot of the qualities that the great Russian dance teams had (like you mentioned).I have always found D/W to have a very American style with programs that are very easy to understand,whereas V/M have more intellectual programs,that make you think.

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    I did like the way she described them .. apparently all 4 are hot in different ways.

vCash
    Well, I'd be in bliss if they ever used Dance Me To The End Of Love for their Ex.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IoanaC View Post

Couldn't agree more that I really don't see what she is talking about. The only thing I can guess is that D&W skate the type of program that was very popular during A&P's reign and she was Russian It's even more amusing considering there is a video lying around somewhere of Meryl specifically discussing how the Russian style of ice dance was once very dominant but that they are bringing a North American style to the forefront (grossly paraphrased but I'm sure everyone knows the interview I'm thinking of).

vCash
    DiManno is awful. It's a shame she's one of the key reporters for this event. I want to keep updated, but I can't stand her writing. I also never know if her "quotes" are real, or just stuff she's made up for dramatic effect.

vCash
    Not sure if everyone saw this gif: http://pudgybear.tumblr.com/post/37268112255/x but Tessa NEVER ceases to amaze me!

vCash
    I was looking at the Lizabet photos again., and looking at 23 especially, you can see that the proportion 0f their legs and torsos are almost identical. This, with the small difference in height and complete synchronicity, is IMO why they are so aesthetically pleasing to the eye.

vCash
    A short comment from FSU-er Finnice who attended today's practice: Tessa and Scott were very commanding.
    Sounds good to me.

ETA: Watch this clip from today's Junior competition - the background at 1:42. T&S will love this at tomorrow's practice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3NNglLEeZU
    Last edited by IoanaC; 12-06-2012 at 09:09 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniskates93 View Post
    Not sure if everyone saw this gif: http://pudgybear.tumblr.com/post/37268112255/x but Tessa NEVER ceases to amaze me!
    http://postimage.org/image/8pzakprp1/

Venus coming out of the water... <3 <3

vCash
    Geez. Dimanno is clueless. V/M like British ice dancing? Meryl and Charlie as Russian? I don't know what she's been watching. I reallly dislike her articles. Why the heck did she also write one about holding hands in pairs skating? That was silly. Some things that she writes I like, but then other things she says are just so wrong and not at all what I see.

Looking foward to some great skating tomorrow!!!

vCash
    Maybe she's comparing them to Torvill and Dean

vCash
    That's what I took it to mean
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    Maybe she's comparing them to Torvill and Dean

YEAH!
    vCash
    At first I thought she was trying to diss D&W because she's describing the Russian school as "aggressive and flamboyant" basically saying what a lot of people think about the Russian ice dancers that they're all speed, hand waving, and facial expressions, while T&D "really danced." I think that's ridiculous, but I've heard a lot of people saying that about Russian ice dancers with the possible exception of K&P. Then she goes on to say that the Russians bring ballet to the ice, which I can't imagine being a bad thing, but who knows what she means.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniskates93 View Post
    wow! tessa can do an axel? maybe they should incorporate that in their exhibitions

vCash

Re: Virtue and Moir #22 - To Russia with love

Quote Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
    wow! tessa can do an axel? maybe they should incorporate that in their exhibitions
    Of course she can. She's Tessa Virtue after all :p

vCash
    When is the SD?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marikat View Post
    Dimanno...Oh brother Is this really the best they can do to cover figure skating? Then again they'd probably say 'Be glad it's covered at all' To which I would respond 'Not at all would probably be better.'

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sequins View Post
    Dimanno...Oh brother Is this really the best they can do to cover figure skating? Then again they'd probably say 'Be glad it's covered at all' To which I would respond 'Not at all would probably be better.'
    Does Dimanno get expenses paid to go to Sochi and cover the event?

She really is terrible. Surely there was someone who is better informed about the sport they're covering, not to mention that can write as an objective journalist and not a tabloid writer.

Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast