Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Do you know where we can access these photos pani?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by girlscouse62 View Post
    Do you know where we can access these photos pani?
    Kirsten, Megan and others posted some photos on there twitter. No T-S and Patrick.

vCash
    thanks,pani

YEAH!
    vCash
    I would be interested to see Virtue skate with Poje, Katsalopov, Tkachaneko, White, and Bourzat. I would mostly be interested to see Moir with Kokhlova and Pechalat. I just don't think today's female ice dancers are as good with posture and lines as in the past, and Scott is excellent at presenting his partner, so it wouldn't look good if the woman he's presenting doesn't have nice form.

Averbukh did a show where all of the top Russian (and a few non-Russians like Naomi Lang) pairs and dancers swapped partners every week. Perhaps someday V&M will get invited to do a show like that.

vCash
    I think that after Scott, Paul Poirier has a great back and is a beautiful dancer.
    Andrew is not at their level - ie either Scott or Paul's.

vCash

Re: Virtue and Moir #22 - To Russia with love

Something I want to clarify. When I say that you need to find a good partner for the lady and not the other way around I mean that your team must be built around the lady. So she needs to be great. If you have a great female skater, you have the foundation for a great team. You'll need to find her a good partner. That's why Tessa and Charlie would work, in my humble opinion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    Something I want to clarify. When I say that you need to find a good partner for the lady and not the other way around I mean that your team must be built around the lady. So she needs to be great. If you have a great female skater, you have the foundation for a great team. You'll need to find her a good partner. That's why Tessa and Charlie would work, in my humble opinion.
    In this case any team with Tessa wil be great

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    In this case any team with Tessa wil be great
    Yes. Good thing we were so lucky she found the best partner anyone could possibly want. Both, actually.

vCash
    Speaking of perfect matches... I've just watched Umbrellas of Cherbourg on YT, which I hadn't seen in quite a while, then Funny Face (Worlds version) and I was hit with the realization of how much they've grown - together - as skaters, in the space of four years. They were already wonderful in 2008: their ice coverage, for instance, was even then better than many of today's teams. Now, however, they have a certain aura of maturity, a sophistication and finesse of movement that are simply unmatched. The exuberance of youth has turned into the "fluidity" that Golightly was talking about a few days ago. I really enjoyed noticing the differences and they way they've evolved.

vCash
    I agree about Poirier. Wish he could have teamed with Emily Samuelson. After all she is Canadian, and IMO she is very elegant. Just had a thought, would she have been too tall for him?
    Last edited by girlscouse62; 12-03-2012 at 10:59 PM. Reason: hadn't thought about hejght when I posted

vCash

Virtue and Moir #22 - To Russia with love

I thought Emily was American, born in Michigan?

vCash
    during the 2010 World's I thought one of the commentators made the remark that she was Canadian I read her bio and you are quite correct. My bad

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by IoanaC View Post
    Speaking of perfect matches... I've just watched Umbrellas of Cherbourg on YT, which I hadn't seen in quite a while, then Funny Face (Worlds version) and I was hit with the realization of how much they've grown - together - as skaters, in the space of four years. They were already wonderful in 2008: their ice coverage, for instance, was even then better than many of today's teams. Now, however, they have a certain aura of maturity, a sophistication and finesse of movement that are simply unmatched. The exuberance of youth has turned into the "fluidity" that Golightly was talking about a few days ago. I really enjoyed noticing the differences and they way they've evolved.
    Absolutely. And watching this year's SD you can see it too. I find a lot of Funny Face movement-wise in this SD, not the same steps, obviously, but the attitude behind them. Very smooth, classy, and elegant. You feel you're watching royalty.

vCash
    You feel you're watching royalty.
    ....Right on Golightly. That's exactly how I feel as well. I wonder if we will get any practice reports this time.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    You feel you're watching royalty.
    This is exactly how I feel there is an air to the program that makes one feel that way. I love the music too. Hope the levels are there in GPF.

vCash
    Guys, did you watched CSOI on TV? I wish to find Boys number, but nothing on fsvids yet

vCash
    I wasn't home and forgot to record it, unfortunately. BTW, please post if anyone sees a listing for CSOI on Radio-Canada (SRC - French CBC TV) - they usually do a two-hour show.

I did get my CSOI tickets though; thank you Emdee for the pre-sale info.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Ohh maybe we'll get a TV quality version of Up!

vCash
    Pani, I watched the CSOI. It was amazing. Though I was so close last year it was hard to see their facial expressions but here the close ups of T&S in their Aint no mountain high Ex were great. All the little touches I missed in the show were there.
    Boys number ,also my favourite, was wonderful.
    I was so sad that they didnt show Hallelujah at the end. Two hour show would be nicer.

Glad you got your tickets Flowerpower.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerpower View Post
    I did get my CSOI tickets though; thank you Emdee for the pre-sale info.
    Congrats!

Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast