Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    YEAH!
    vCash
    I really really want Tessa to do DWTS or something when she retires just so she can get fawned on by all of the judges as how how exquisite she is. Of course, half the audience would hate on her because she would be a ringer.

Re: their looks, I think most of us took notice of them in juniors (Kalinka rulez) when they were kind of adorably awkward, so it was the skating we noticed, but their smoking good looks now don't hurt.

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    As for a team only looking good when they have a strong male partner, I don't know. I think you need both. A strong male partner won't work if the female partner is not also great. Then you will come here and write how unmatched they are. No one like that.

Tessa is great because, first, her skating skills match Scott's, she's outstanding technically. And second, because she does something not many ice dancers do these days: she dances. She uses her skating skills to dance, not to skate.

That fluidity you see, the way you feel they suspend time and stretch out each movement, Tessa's lines and movements have a lot to do with that. That deserves credit. Especially when she already believes she isn't that good, when she is, in fact, the best.
    This.

IMO, out of all the male and female ice dancers these days, Tessa is the best one. Even when she's in a group number, my eyes always end up drawn to her, even if the lighting is bad and I can't quite tell it's actually her at first.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aka_gerbil View Post
    When she's in a group number, my eyes always end up drawn to her, even if the lighting is bad and I can't quite tell it's actually her at first.
    Agree

vCash
    hello.I don't post often here, but I love reading this thread.I just wanted to say that when I saw V&M the first time on TV (worlds 2007),I thought that Tessa was the star of that partnership.I mean Scott is great,but she looked like a fairy tale princess (and she still does).

vCash

Re: Virtue and Moir #22 - To Russia with love

Quote Originally Posted by martyross View Post
    "she suspends time"..Golightly, these are for you:
    http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/3...1129175654.png
    http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/9...1129180141.jpg

in the first picture she looks like an angel disguised as a ballerina...in the second one, she has the carriage, the smile of a real princess.
    with this airy positions she really makes a program exquisite. it's mesmerizing and she's a living masterpiece
    we could use your loving statement for a title.. "Tessa is the best"
    P.s. Can we have a Mahler-like FD for the Olympics? >_> plllease? >_>
    Thank you. And of course I would love it if that were the new title Tessa should get more credit often. I can think of many other moments: the whole diagonal step sequence in Funny Face is a work of art that shows off Tessa's skills perfectly; their lifts clearly show off her back a neck lines; their SD this year is pretty much an ode to Tessa, and I can go on and on. A lesser ice dancer wouldn't be asked to perform those movements because the main purpose is to show off different body lines and shapes.

So, her team knows. Marina knows Tessa is amazing and she uses that and uses it well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by martyross View Post
    "she suspends time"..Golightly, these are for you:
    http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/3...1129175654.png
    http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/9...1129180141.jpg

in the first picture she looks like an angel disguised as a ballerina...in the second one, she has the carriage, the smile of a real princess.
    with this airy positions she really makes a program exquisite. it's mesmerizing and she's a living masterpiece
    we could use your loving statement for a title.. "Tessa is the best"
    P.s. Can we have a Mahler-like FD for the Olympics? >_> plllease? >_>
    What wrong with Scott at this photos?
    so are you tired from Carmen already?

vCash

No, Pani, nothing is wrong with Scott. I know you don't think much of Tessa, but I do and I was merely explaining why. And just because we are discussing other programs doesn't mean we're tired of Carmen. You are exhausting.

Moving on. Good luck at the GPF, hopefully they are getting some good work done. Those technical elements can be fixed and when they are, the PCS will be even better: )

vCash
    No, Pani, nothing is wrong with Scott. I know you don't think much of Tessa, but I do and I was merely explaining why. And just because we are discussing other programs doesn't mean we're tired of Carmen. You are exhausting.
    It was joke. Honestly i am more thinking about pair V-M, who is single whole

vCash
    There's no picture of the month anymore on the website but they changed the pic http://virtuemoir.com

vCash
    decided to nevermind.
    Last edited by sap5; 11-29-2012 at 08:45 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marikat View Post
    There's no picture of the month anymore on the website but they changed the pic http://virtuemoir.com
    Thanks! After i saw you posted in thread, i knew - this must be some news about T-S

vCash
    As long as we're on the topic, can I just say that, while I'm in constant amazement at Scott's incredible natural talent and I believe he's not only the best male ice dancer of his time but one of the greatest of all time, I admit to having a total girl crush on Tessa. So, there, Golightly, you're not the only one.
    But as Pani said, when they're on the ice, it's hard to imagine they're two separate entities. One wouldn't function without the other.

vCash
    Hehe I just imagined Tessa skating with Charlie White

I think they're both amazing and both are the best of their gender. I don't think there's anyone close to either of them.
    But in terms of looks, I feel like there are many more beautiful female ice dancers than there are really hot male ones, so Scott is more unique in that respect.

But one thing's for sure - after Sochi when they retire, it's going to be a sad day for ice dance. Hopefully next quad Zhulin will work even more wonders with Bobrova and Soloviev to (very) partially fill the void that Tessa and Scott will leave.

vCash
    People ignore the dance part of it. I'm a dancer and when I see Tessa I go all fangirly inside. No one out there dances better. No one.

Also, her lines are unique. You recognize them from afar because of her.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2
    I agree - that's why I'm a huge fan of Alexandra Paul as well, the way they incorporate and showcase a program with their ENTIRE bodies. It really distracts from an ice dance program when the female (or male - but the female especially) looks sloppy.

Quote Originally Posted by IoanaC View Post
    As long as we're on the topic, can I just say that, while I'm in constant amazement at Scott's incredible natural talent and I believe he's not only the best male ice dancer of his time but one of the greatest of all time, I admit to having a total girl crush on Tessa. So, there, Golightly, you're not the only one.
    But as Pani said, when they're on the ice, it's hard to imagine they're two separate entities. One wouldn't function without the other.
    who doesn't have a girl crush on Tessa? haha

vCash
    P.S. Did anyone catch this new photo in particular from their website?
    http://virtuemoir.com/_img/gallery/nov-2012-2.jpg

vCash
    I'm not putting him down. I love this team, but it is not perfect. He does tend to oversell it, it is a quip of mine. She, on the other hand, gets the tone immediately. She just doesn't show much face and, yes, she should. With Carmen, though, she nailed it.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2
    Completely disagree. I can't think of a single dance she got immediately beyond Valse Triste/Assassination Tango. I love her and him but she usually takes time to grow with the dance. That she has nailed it so completely with Carmen is astonishing.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Proustable View Post
    Completely disagree. I can't think of a single dance she got immediately beyond Valse Triste/Assassination Tango. I love her and him but she usually takes time to grow with the dance. That she has nailed it so completely with Carmen is astonishing.
    You are talking about her expression, I'm talking about her movements. Like I said, she tends to not show much face, but her movements are always perfect for the dance she's performing. Scott had trouble with the Latin free and short; she was there immediately. Even the hip movement was there from the beginning.

vCash
    Ah, get it now. Then yes, I agree. My bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post

I wonder what Morozov meant by that? Is it supposed to be complimentary? Or a putdown?
    "wide experience of performances"--are those his exact words or a translation from russian to english? even then, he could probably have meant "broad range of expression"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
    "wide experience of performances"--are those his exact words or a translation from russian to english? even then, he could probably have meant "broad range of expression"
    Yes, it's a translation from russian, and it's quite precise. "large experience of performances" would be even more precise, so "broad range of expression" was not what he meant. Looks like he meant that they have already performed their programs this season more times than, say, Ilinykh/Katsalapov (), or most of the other pairs that are going to skate in the final. If really so, then it's not a compliment indeed if he thinks that it's their only advantage.

Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast