Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I agree, I think the spins should be used more as a choreographic highlight than a technical element in ice dance that needs to be done. Although T/S may not have the best spins, I love how they create the positions in the spins to add to the storyline/choreography. Much better than teams (not going to stir the pot by naming any names) that seem to use the same spins multiple times and then just insert it where ever.

Proustable, I like "Dance Me to the End of Love" as well!

vCash
    " Dance Me To The end of Love " would be a great thread title ..and an inspired Ex program
    ( Cohen version )

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
    continuing the theme of audience appeal vs. judges' approval, why doesnt ISU sell figureskating further by making it a reality show? they might get the arena audience to vote a la America's Funniest Home Videos system or bring a host to coordinate tv viewers' timing of phone-in/online/text votes--then add the judges' scores to the audience scores to determine the winner a la The Voice?

who knows they might get the tv viewership they've wanted for so long?
    Yes. And Zhiganshina will win FD at WCh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proustable View Post
    "Dance Me to the End of Love" - both a reference to Carmen and Leonard Cohen. A little downbeat, but given the FD's ending.....
    My vote for this title.
    But we need to down discussina little before T-S will not return from Russia

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proustable View Post
    "Dance Me to the End of Love" - both a reference to Carmen and Leonard Cohen. A little downbeat, but given the FD's ending.....
    what a lovely idea! it was the opening song at the concert i went to some time ago. i was immediately captured by the fantastic music.. and mr. Cohen's charm.

vCash
    Found out T-S site were update. Not the way we all want with new photos, messages, but with some new articles. This one i didnt read before
    http://upfront.pwc.com/talent/267-ge...-staying-there.

“I look at other teams and I am so intimidated,” explains Virtue. “I think, they’re so much better than us. How can we ever compete with that?”
    We were at a competition in 2007...and I decided that I wasn’t going to let anyone else tell me what my dream would be,” Moir describes. “I remember being on the plane ride home... I took out a piece of paper and I wrote what I thought I needed to do and what steps I needed to take in order to be Olympic Champion. And I put it in my wallet. It’s still there today and I’ve tried my best to follow those [steps].”
    They are so differnet people

vCash
    thanx.. Scott could be a good coatch. he's strong, confident and motivating. he must such a big help for Tessa when she feels insecure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by martyross View Post
    thanx.. Scott could be a good coatch. he's strong, confident and motivating. he must such a big help for Tessa when she feels insecure.
    Tessa said about this during fan meeting (about he will be good coach). But Scott said maybe he will be mentor in SC, if they will need his experience and will ask him to work in SC. And look like Scott could be good coach, but, like he sadi, for people, who want to learn to skate. he know, that not all the skaters are hapy to practice everyday and coach need to push them to work. Look like Scott didnt like to do this. And do you remeber, how he said to "Orange team", how Marina start to shout, when they disagree with her

“It felt like not winning in 2011 meant that our 2010 Olympic and world titles were no good,” Moir explains.
    Last edited by pani; 11-28-2012 at 03:41 PM.

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    They are so differnet people
    Different people, yes, but they complement each other perfectly.

I hate how hard Tessa constantly seems to be on herself, but I love that Scott seems to have the confidence that both need.

“It felt like not winning in 2011 meant that our 2010 Olympic and world titles were no good,” Moir explains.
    It breaks my heart that they've felt this way.

{{{Tessa and Scott}}}

vCash
    Tessa said about this during fan meeting (about he will be good coach). But Scott said maybe he will be mentor in SC, if they will need his experience and will ask him to work in SC. And look like Scott could be good coach, but, like he sadi, for people, who want to learn to skate. he know, that not all the skaters are hapy to practice everyday and coach need to push them to work. Look like Scott didnt like to do this. And do you remeber, how he said to "Orange team", how Marina start to shout, when they disagree with her
    I hope mentoring will be just the first step. I think Scott could be a great coach. He has the drive, the passion for the sport and especially for its technical side. I'm sure he'd find ways of communicating with the less diligent students.

Quote Originally Posted by aka_gerbil
    It breaks my heart that they've felt this way.

{{{Tessa and Scott}}}
    Mine too. Can you imagine them not winning in London, how they'd feel? My mind just doesn't want to go there.
    Last edited by IoanaC; 11-28-2012 at 04:02 PM.

YEAH!
    vCash
    They were so robbed in 2011. I like them having that anger though. That's what's making them push themselves ahead.

After suffering an injury to her lower leg as a result of overtraining, Virtue was still in significant pain heading into the Vancouver games. “I remember thinking -- I have to compete in five days at the Olympic Games in Canada and I can’t skate four minutes. How am I going to do this?” Virtue says.
    This is as well. Those 4 minutes of skating were the most effortless and easy that I've ever seen in any skating program. Just flawless.

vCash
    I hope mentoring will be just the first step. I think Scott could be a great coach. He has the drive, the passion for the sport and especially for its technical side. I'm sure he'd find ways of communicating with the less diligent students.
    I have impression Marina will ask him to be hre o-coach after OG. Other guys maybe will go in different ways, but he will stay in sport for sure. And he love Marina.

Mine too. Can you imagine them not winning in London, how they'd feel? My mind just doesn't want to go there
    Thats was my thougt too I wish T-S try to not focusing on results so much. And who tell them they didnt deserve medals in 2010?
    And i cant imaging, how Tessa, who is best ice dancer today, could thinking they are worst then other teams? Self-criticism is good thing sometime, but you need to belive in yourself, Tessa

They were so robbed in 2011. I like them having that anger though. That's what's making them push themselves ahead.
    Even didnt want to remeber that day of 2011 WCh at arena

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IoanaC View Post
    Mine too. Can you imagine them not winning in London, how they'd feel? My mind just doesn't want to go there.
    My mind doesn't want to go there either. I cannot fathom it.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Thats was my thougt too I wish T-S try to not focusing on results so much. And who tell them they didnt deserve medals in 2010?
    And i cant imaging, how Tessa, who is best ice dancer today, could thinking they are worst then other teams? Self-criticism is good thing sometime, but you need to belive in yourself, Tessa
    I hope I don't offend anyone but I have to admit the first thought that crossed my mind is are you sure they're really Canadian? Thinking of B&K and S&P.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    I hope I don't offend anyone but I have to admit the first thought that crossed my mind is are you sure they're really Canadian? Thinking of B&K and S&P.
    Maybe Tessa have strong communication wit her ancestors But Scott showed at last season GPF - he is Canadian

YEAH!
    vCash
    Oh Scott. What do you mean by Tessa's ancestors?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Oh Scott. What do you mean by Tessa's ancestors?
    Sorry fro my english i mean her grand parents, who is maybe not from Canada

YEAH!
    vCash
    Oh ok, I thought maybe you were referring to them being from a specific country.

vCash
    Here's a link for CBC talking about Cdn. skaters.....Tessa and Scott mentioned.........http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskati...10389381&tab=1
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    Here's a link for CBC talking about Cdn. skaters.....Tessa and Scott mentioned.........http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskati...10389381&tab=1
    Thank you Very interesting. Hm, look like PJ a little angry on Igor But at the end this is very good he did "Carmen" for Anna and Luca. Thats why Tessa-Scott changed the first variant of Carmen and we could enjoy modern "Carmen" from Swan
    Guys, if you will watching pre-GPF program on CBC let me know, what they were talking about. And cant wait to see T-S interview with Brenda. Hope they will be in Canton when she will come.

Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast