Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    v/m debut carmen: d/w fans relinquish all hope of winning worlds
    d/w score well: v/m fans relinquish all hope of winning gpf and worlds
    It's an never ending cycle I still have faith and haven't forgotten that it's BECAUSE of all the things that make them special that got them the title in Nice last season. With this program they can certainly do it again. We need to see ALL teams on the SAME ice to see the reality. We also know, Tessa and Scott even said from the start, theirs is not an easy FD and will take the FULL season to perfect. They are far from peaking and already they have decent PCS. They are doing what critics have demanded of them for a while now. Last season even judges were initially disappointed with the direction they took with FF but they won them over by worlds. They can do it again. And even if it doesn't happen we are all going to remember their Carmen, everyone (even haters) will remember that they took the most overused music in figure skating and gave us something new. There aren't many FDs this year (if any) that someone might say that about years down the road.

vCash
    Well last year Funny Face wasn't beaten all season until WTT where Tessa and Scott kind of winged it. They got the feedback after GPF thinking they lost and needed more transitions but in reality they won the FD, so it wasn't like the judges thought FF was weaker than D/W's DF.

I am a bit worried though that Carmen is definitely a harder FD than Funny Face, and to get top PCS they need the whole dance to gel smoothly. I thought they definitely did that with FF during the Grand Prix series last year but it may take them a bit longer this year so I am a bit concerned what the judges would think if they showed any labouring while Meryl and Charlie skated well like they did at NHK.

I'm sure they will get it by Worlds but I REALLY want them to win GPF. And if FF was pretty much undefeated last season against the crowd pleasing DF, Carmen should definitely get the same achievement if they skate it decent.

I know there are people here don't care if they get second but I do I just can't help but want V/M win everything with Carmen.

vCash
    I have not seen d/w fd this weekend but did everyone really think that v/m would just easily win this year.. And don't be surprised to see d/w win the Grand Prix either it will all come down to worlds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    It's an never ending cycle I still have faith and haven't forgotten that it's BECAUSE of all the things that make them special that got them the title in Nice last season. With this program they can certainly do it again. We need to see ALL teams on the SAME ice to see the reality. We also know, Tessa and Scott even said from the start, theirs is not an easy FD and will take the FULL season to perfect. They are far from peaking and already they have decent PCS. They are doing what critics have demanded of them for a while now. Last season even judges were initially disappointed with the direction they took with FF but they won them over by worlds. They can do it again. And even if it doesn't happen we are all going to remember their Carmen, everyone (even haters) will remember that they took the most overused music in figure skating and gave us something new. There aren't many FDs this year (if any) that someone might say that about years down the road.
    ITA - the key word is have faith.
    Oh ye of little faith....
    I love Carmen and know that it will be magnificent by worlds. They continue to work with Jennifer Swan. They continue to perfect and that has always been their way.

I cannot wait to see the way this program progresses over the year.

People we have less than 2 years to enjoy their skating let just enjoy it.

vCash
    I so agree Emdee - I know it is so hard when we sometimes feel they are not sufficiently rewarded for some of their amazing strengths - but they are certainly not fading out as they near the twilight of their amateur years so - lets just enjoy it.
    pug lover

vCash
    Among the many, many superb photos we got at CoR, this one is absolutely fabulous and I wanted to bring it here. Their expressions...

http://victoriashaposhnikova.gallery...h?ph=33D-ekMXd

All the photos in that gallery are amazing, really.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by puglover View Post
    I so agree Emdee - I know it is so hard when we sometimes feel they are not sufficiently rewarded for some of their amazing strengths - but they are certainly not fading out as they near the twilight of their amateur years so - lets just enjoy it.
    Yes. I realize that when I attend Worlds this year, it will likely be the last time for me to see them compete live, so I plan on going to the practices as much as possible, and enjoying their wonderful programs at the comp. I really do hope they will stay in the "business" for a while longer earning $$$ doing shows. I'd hate to see them disappear entirely .
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post

People we have less than 2 years to enjoy their skating let just enjoy it.

vCash
    Its OK, but look like V-M think about point and win more, then about enjoy there skating. And i couldnt imaging, what will happened with Scxott if they will lose gold at home (reall home) ice, when all theer friends will be there.
    But who care? V-M didnt have there own fans. Sad.

vCash
    Where in the D/W thread did their fans give up hope after the debut of Carmen? Is this what V/M fans like to think to make themselves feel better?

The delusions and snobbery in this thread are unreal. Your own namesake would be ashamed of such talk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by coach sue View Post
    Where in the D/W thread did their fans give up hope after the debut of Carmen? Is this what V/M fans like to think to make themselves feel better?

The delusions and snobbery in this thread are unreal. Your own namesake would be ashamed of such talk.
    This thread is for Tessa and Scott's fans. Maybe you should just ignore it if we bother you so much. Trying hard to be polite here...

vCash

Thank you for lecturing all the fans based on what one or two people might have said.

vCash

One person, from what I can see says this and I don't even think they mean it in the manner you are implying so suddenly we're all delusional and snobs? Meanwhile in the D/W thread everyone is full of respect and decency? Sorry, no. It's fine if you are upset with a comment but don't paint us all with the same brush, thanks. D/W would be ashamed.

vCash

hey, hey. are you sure that making accusations to the people here isn't a way to project your own fears about T&S winning?

vCash
    I don't even understand why D&W are being talked about here in this V&M thread?

vCash

when v/m debuted carmen, it caused some concern for d/w fans. my point was that the succeess of each team intimidates the other fan base, at least for a moment. and it goes back and forth. both fan bases go through insecurities and in another month, it'll be flipped. and then it'll be flipped again. you completely misunderstood me.
    Last edited by iggie; 11-25-2012 at 11:23 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bbkenn View Post
    I don't even understand why D&W are being talked about here in this V&M thread?
    It kinda comes with the territory IMO. It's their competiton, their teammates, why can't we discuss them and other teams without it being a big issue? What's the big deal?

vCash

Virtue and Moir #22 - To Russia with love

After SCI I do recall a post where a D/W fan declared V/M would win, then promptly accused Marina of bias by giving V/M the better choreography. Others chimed in, and some suggested D/W should move to Igor. However as I recall that was a thread at GS, not here.

vCash
    Just watched D&W and loving their freedance. Really great program. I prefer V&M but that is like me loving Klimova & Ponomarenko and Usova & Zhulin. 2 teams that were a class in themselves. Would love to see V&M win in London.
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IoanaC View Post
    This thread is for Tessa and Scott's fans. Maybe you should just ignore it if we bother you so much. Trying hard to be polite here...
    This

Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast