Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    I saw PB live at TEB and I wasn't that impressed. It was fun and Nathalie is a good dancer, but I didn't think that the program was that good. Especially considering how much better their coach, Krylova, was at dancing to rock and roll.
    Love the angel lift though!
    And i find last lift interesting too. OK, maybe on TV it look different, like V-M Hallelujah was so hot at arena, but not so much on TV at CoR. cant waite to see them at GPF

Saw Hubbell and Donohue's flamenco live at TEB - wasn't impressed. Although it doesn't help them that I can't get Tessa and Scott's OD out of my mind when I hear their music
    Could you tell how there speed and power look "live"? Who looked better - H-D, C-L or G-P?

That's why, to be honest, I'm not getting my hopes up for the GPF.
    I dont care too much about GPF results, because i know, D-W will win with huge score. This time my goal is toi try to enjoy V-M both programs, because i feel like i couldnt relax at CoR on 100%.
    Last edited by pani; 11-21-2012 at 04:41 PM.

YEAH!
    vCash
    The FDs this year are pretty disappointing in general... I'm really surprised that in almost every case I strongly prefer the SD. Never thought that would be the case with polka.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post

I dont care too much about GPF results, because i know, D-W will win with huge score.
    Perhaps D/W will win, but I don't know if it will be by a huge margin. It depends on what we see at NHK. V/M's programs need more time to develop, but the majority of the point loss right now is on the technical side. That's an easier fix than having issues with how the programs are received by judges. 3 weeks is a solid amount of time to work on technique, and as we saw in those gala fanvids (thanks, fans!), V/M are wasting no time.

vCash
    del
    Last edited by pani; 11-22-2012 at 05:53 AM.

vCash
    That's so... I can't even, Pani, so I'll just ignore that. I'll just say it's unfair, not to mention insulting. That's all I'll say about it.

I want my team to win, but rooting for my team doesn't mean I have to insult the others. It's not okay to do that.

Anyway, I do not care if the lose GPF again, all I want to see is a polished version of Carmen, the best dance program we have seen in long, long time.

vCash
    del

vCash
    i'm not sure the crazy high marks of last GPF will be repeated again. i also think we may be pleasantly surprised and see Tessa and Scott win this competition for a change. you know, it often happens that when you're absolutely certain something won't happen, then it does (i used to think this way while waiting for marks after exams ) btw, as someone once said in Golden Skate, I think, Davis and White totally fullfill what COP asks, almost with mathematic precision , while, and here i add my opinion, Tessa and Scott have something unique that isn't required by the rules, that something that make them two artists and capture so much adoration from people second fact, PCS are usually not scored properly, they're too omologated. judges don't seem to distinguish between them despite the difference. third fact, we've seen the weight of the federations in the other disciplines, so i assume it's safe to presume that this weight exists in ice dance too seeing such high scores could make think that the US federation is behind those. it's not much a matter that Tessa and Scott are still not 100% in the first half of the season etc. etc. certain marks are too high per se. so i share part of Pani's frustration about the scoring. but maybe we should keep in mind that the extraordinary things that Scott does on the ice (since she was mentioning the male dancers) are not exactly part of what COP asks. which means, that COP is a "cold" celebral set of written rules, while Tessa and Scott are artist who trascend any rule

vCash
    del

vCash
    Barring some unforeseen problem at Worlds - I would bet a lot of money if I were a gambling woman on Tessa and Scott winning Worlds. Their "Carmen" dance has created a lot of buzz and that is good for figure skating. They will be performing in their home town and we know they can hand that pressure and actually thrive on it. I do like Davis and White's free dance and last year I felt 1st place could have gone either way - but I don't this year. I think the crowd is going to go wild for Tessa and Scott's "Carmen", by then all of the kinks will be out and it will blow people's minds.
    pug lover

vCash
    It wasnt fans, this was journalists. Fans couldt watch practice at any competition in Russia
    Dont worry about D-W. Who cares now about results, when nobody pay attention to the lines, skating skills, body movements?
    If it will be fair competitions, i will not be sure D-W will be on podium in GPF. But the history was made at D-W get 10th in component score. So in this new FS discipline D-W will be unbeaten, but dont tell me they will win in ice dance
    Sometime i feel said, because such talanted guys, like Agosto, Shabalin, Moir didnt have so many money and for be near the top need to do something in 10 times harder, when some rich boys just need to skate around. But this is life.
    Just want to wish your D-W good luck at NHK and honestly, i hope Shibs could show there FD in better light, then at CoR, because at practice it look good.
    Rich boys and poor boys give lot off money to coach. all boy and girl get poor. Coach get rich and skate around. This is good life

vCash
    World's is in London. Tessa & Scott could skate to Three Blind Mice, in honor of the tech panel, and the crowd would explode with applause. How much better will the crowd react to Carmen than a simple standing O! I expect the crowd will be on their feet 30 seconds before the program ends.

vCash
    del

vCash
    del
    Last edited by pani; 11-22-2012 at 05:54 AM.

vCash
    pani, I don't understand how you are wuzrobbing a competition (GPF) that hasn't even happened yet.

Further, I don't understand why you persist in dragging D/W into this thread, insulting one or both and then getting mad at people defending them. You seem to think that it's okay for you to be nasty about D/W while everyone must be kind to V/M.

vCash
    Why do ANY of you take part in this conversation?

V&M have great programs this season, just enjoy that. As for the "other side" just enjoy that you get to see them skate this weekend and be excited for that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    Why do ANY of you take part in this conversation?
    Same reason you do I suppose.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    I'm really not trying to make you
    I was just trying to answer your question.

vCash
    Dont worry about your D-W. Like i said - there will not be Canadian judge at WCh. Plus Dostatni could be in technikal pannel and all saw what he did with V-M at SC
    The problem is unfair judging. With fair judging nobody could be evere close to V-M, but now we need to pay attention to money, federations, USA couldnt never win other gold at WCH and at OG in Sochi - only in ice dance.
    Doris, i know what do you really thinking about V-M and there programs. I cant understand, why you need to try to show you love to V-M? Relax - you could hate them and all there programs, like you said a lot off times at GS.
    My V-M get good score with Dostatni at WCH last season so I don't understand how your D-W have advantage?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    pani, I don't understand how you are wuzrobbing a competition (GPF) that hasn't even happened yet.

Further, I don't understand why you persist in dragging D/W into this thread, insulting one or both and then getting mad at people defending them. You seem to think that it's okay for you to be nasty about D/W while everyone must be kind to V/M.

It wasnt fans, this was journalists. Fans couldt watch practice at any competition in Russia
    Dont worry about D-W. Who cares now about results, when nobody pay attention to the lines, skating skills, body movements?
    If it will be fair competitions, i will not be sure D-W will be on podium in GPF. But the history was made at D-W get 10th in component score. So in this new FS discipline D-W will be unbeaten, but dont tell me they will win in ice dance
    Sometime i feel said, because such talanted guys, like Agosto, Shabalin, Moir didnt have so many money and for be near the top need to do something in 10 times harder, when some rich boys just need to skate around. But this is life.
    Just want to wish your D-W good luck at NHK and honestly, i hope Shibs could show there FD in better light, then at CoR, because at practice it look good.
    Oh Nata, why do you persist?

If only you knew the truth. Someday.

Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast