Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sap5 View Post
    ETA: LOL! Caption this!
    The woman with her eyes heavenward has heard a rumour that V&M are moving to Morozov and she's praying it's not true!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixana View Post
    The woman with her eyes heavenward has heard a rumour that V&M are moving to Morozov and she's praying it's not true!
    OMG, let's not even joke about that!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixana View Post
    I thought she was possessed by the same evil being that's haunting I/K's FD.

vCash

Virtue and Moir #22 - To Russia with love

Prime Minister Stephen Harper meets with Joannie, Patrick, Tessa, and Scott. They spelled Scott's name incorrectly.

ETA: They also spelled Tessa's name incorrectly.

http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/pmharpe...43305/sizes/l/
    Last edited by rvi5; 11-20-2012 at 11:19 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sap5 View Post
    Haters are going to hate, and any excuse, no matter how illogical, will work.
    I've seen criticism of this Carmen based on the dress not being red.

I'd say pretty illogical.

vCash
    Sonia Bianchetti loves V/M. I don't think she likes this Carmen because it's less generic and pretty than she's used to, honestly. That seems to be her aesthetic wheelhouse.

vCash
    I will never understand why people think a certain piece of music 'must be interpreted this way'. Just because that's the way it's always been done? You must wear red because everyone before you has? The music is about this so you must perform it like that? What about originality? Figure skating is also art I do believe, so taking a piece of music, a story and seeing a different side to it, looking for deeper meaning in it or just putting your own spin on it why is that wrong? It doesn't always work out, some say you ruin it, but what a boring sport and world in general it would be if we all saw things the same way and followed the 'rules' because we are suppose to and we might upset people. You certainly don't have to like it but certainly you should appreciate the effort...or not. I think I would hate it if V/M and C/L did the same thing just because they are 'suppose' to.

vCash
    As Sap said, haterz gonna hate! There is even one poster that said Carmen is just another first love routine with added sexuality

Deep down, the haters WISH their favorite dance teams could skate something like V/M's Carmen.

vCash
    Still think this is the best FD bar none this season. Just can't get into many programs this year which is disappointing. Thank Gawd for Carmen!
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by walei View Post
    As Sap said, haterz gonna hate! There is even one poster that said Carmen is just another first love routine with added sexuality

Deep down, the haters WISH their favorite dance teams could skate something like V/M's Carmen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight1 View Post
    Still think this is the best FD bar none this season. Just can't get into many programs this year which is disappointing. Thank Gawd for Carmen!

WORD!

vCash
    Honestly this year though, the only FD's that I've enjoyed have been Tessa and Scott's and Bobrova and Soloviev's. There are dances that I feel have potential, but those may or may not get to a high level by worlds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Honestly this year though, the only FD's that I've enjoyed have been Tessa and Scott's and Bobrova and Soloviev's. There are dances that I feel have potential, but those may or may not get to a high level by worlds.
    Agree
    I must say i like P-B FD at TEB much more, then at CoC. Its amazing how this two couldn find something new in elements and Natalia is really good dancer
    And D-W have strong SD. So to be close to them T-S need to show all levels 4

vCash
    del
    Last edited by pani; 11-22-2012 at 06:07 AM.

vCash
    Thanks Pani.........don't they all look wonderful.......Scott and Patrick are so debonair, and Tessa and Joannie looks wonderful.....Those medals are HUGE when seen against regular clothing . It's so nice that they occasionally get recognized like that by the powers that be.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    del

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    There's also Hubbell & Donohue's flamenco, nicely put together, although they need to up the fierceness a little. And W/P's program too.

Quote Originally Posted by pani
    That's why, to be honest, I'm not getting my hopes up for the GPF. Both the SD and Carmen need a little more time to develop. I feel the SD will be just as good as D/W's, and Carmen, well... I don't need to say anything more.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Not to discredit two World titles, but I am at how piddling Chan's medals look compared to the Olympic ones.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Agree
    I must say i like P-B FD at TEB much more, then at CoC. Its amazing how this two couldn find something new in elements and Natalia is really good dancer
    I saw PB live at TEB and I wasn't that impressed. It was fun and Nathalie is a good dancer, but I didn't think that the program was that good. Especially considering how much better their coach, Krylova, was at dancing to rock and roll.
    Love the angel lift though!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IoanaC View Post
    There's also Hubbell & Donohue's flamenco, nicely put together, although they need to up the fierceness a little. And W/P's program too.

That's why, to be honest, I'm not getting my hopes up for the GPF. Both the SD and Carmen need a little more time to develop. I feel the SD will be just as good as D/W's, and Carmen, well... I don't need to say anything more.
    Saw Hubbell and Donohue's flamenco live at TEB - wasn't impressed. Although it doesn't help them that I can't get Tessa and Scott's OD out of my mind when I hear their music. (Although it's 1000000000000000000000 times better than that drivel Morozov gave Amodio for his SP)

And Tessa and Scott said that they'll be revisiting the SD to try to improve the theme and story.

vCash
    del

Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast