Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    Do you think that is when they found out that C&L were also skating Carmen and Marina got them to bring Swan in to make this Carmen more unique?

That could also explain why they spent the two weeks doing that CNE show in August that worried some people. Perhaps they wanted to be close to Swan to get lots of work done.
    I thought Swan was located in London? Toronto is just as far from London as Canton.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    I have a feeling it was Tessa, not Marina. Marina strikes me as too vain to bring in someone else unless it's for a specialized dance such as the flamenco or Bollywood, or to bring in one of her old friends from Russia to look at the CDs.
    Marina doesn't strike me that way at all, especially as she had already worked with Jennifer Swan for the Pink Floyd FD. If she were really vain, she wouldn't have allowed the flamenco, or Bollywood, or this year's FD for the Shibs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Hi, guys! I am happy you enjoy all backstage stuff from CoR.
    I have impression, most V-M fans are from Russia. When they return to the hotel after FD people was so loud, i think T-S were in a little shock
    And i think they need one more suitcase for bring all there presents to Canada.
    How did you enjoy the competition and what was your reaction when you saw the programs live? They really do have amazing fans in Russia! Were you there for the fan interview? I'm glad they know how much they are appreciated.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sap5 View Post
    Marina doesn't strike me that way at all, especially as she had already worked with Jennifer Swan for the Pink Floyd FD. If she were really vain, she wouldn't have allowed the flamenco, or Bollywood, or this year's FD for the Shibs.
    I think those are different because flamenco, Bollywood, Japanese dance, and even modern are all specialized dance forms in which Marina doesn't claim to be expert. Carmen is classical, and within Marina's wheelhouse, so I'd be surprised if she'd suggest using a different choreographer, as opposed to allowing one. YMMV of course and I fully admit my opinion is colored by my dislike of Marina and her general style.

Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post

eta..About to open a can of worms here but I've been wondering about Igor's wife since Skate Canada. She is named on icenetwork as part of the coaching team for C&L and was there in the K&C but when I looked at that time she is also still listed as a coach at Canton (Igor had been removed from the list so the list was updated).
    That's really interesting! Can anyone confirm that she's still physically at Canton?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    How did you enjoy the competition and what was your reaction when you saw the programs live? They really do have amazing fans in Russia! Were you there for the fan interview? I'm glad they know how much they are appreciated.
    I was so nervouse, that maybe i couldnt enjoy there programs on 100%
    SD have so many a little nuances, moves. They look busy in this SD. And body moves look such soft and beautifull. And honestly i like T-S polka steps - they show good knees work and theye lines were amazing. Hope work with Maurizio will help them to get higher level next time.
    In SD SS i think they try to show such a deep edges. Maybe they fix every edge during 10 sec. But still get level 3....
    As for Carmen... I must say people like this FD and when they did encour at exibitions people was like - yes!!!! And was impressed with last lifts so much.
    And they did last SS from FD in exibition with so much power, speed and lightners..... I was impressed. So i am sure thei will look like this at WCh.
    I was wonder they did FD only in August. So how we could ask from them skating on 100% at GP in this situation? This FD is SO difficult. I think they are nervouse, but this is really epic FD for sure. I am happy TAT gave them standing ovations after SD and FD.
    Its understanding, they need to show more power and speed but they have a lot of time untill WCH - they will made this, i belive.
    Scott said he is bad in modern dancing. O no - he is one of the best male skaters in ice dance. And he look so great in this black outfit.
    Tessa asked - will there fans be in Sochi. Someone will be and i hope they will support them.
    I feel sorry foe Alex and Maia look so upset and i think things wasnt good fro him from the begining. I hope they will be OK and will show this beautiful FD. At practice i like this FD very much.
    I found Zueva interaction with V-M a little different, then before. I have imperssion, they change choreo and she didnt know how amazing this FD will look like So now she try to do for D-W something better. And i think you all read her interview with Vaitsehovskay. She said about D-W better, then there first team and must took gold in Nice
    And i am so happy i saw Hallelujah "live". It was so sensual, emotional....

vCash
    Thanks for your report, pani!

I found Zueva interaction with V-M a little different, then before. I have imperssion, they change choreo and she didnt know how amazing this FD will look like
    Interesting! What gave you this impression?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sap5 View Post
    Thanks for your report, pani!

Interesting! What gave you this impression?
    Dont know, just speculation. When guys said they changed all choreo in August i was like - WOW... And start thinking they could made it during show in Toronto. But, like you said, if Swan based in London, maybe they did this before. A lot of questions
    And like all see from fan meeting, they still talking Marina did this FD for them. But they didnt smile, like before. Its stupid, but i didnt see such love to Tessa in her eyes, like before. Maybe just me.
    And D-W now try to work with new choreograhfer, why they didnt made this before?
    For me look, like all Zueva teams change prgrams during summer. Feel bad for all of them. But they are strong and hope they will have good luck at WCh.
    And one more - Zueva try to talk about masterpiece FD for Shibs, when all journalists talked only about V-M "Carmen". She wasnt happy people ignore her and went to press-conference to see the winners

vCash
    Pani did you notice that Scott kissed Marina again?

I think that D&W are worried as everyone says their's is generic and so they are bringing fresh input.

So which one are you among the fans???

vCash
    SD have so many a little nuances, moves. They look busy in this SD. And body moves look such soft and beautifull. And honestly i like T-S polka steps - they show good knees work and theye lines were amazing. Hope work with Maurizio will help them to get higher level next time.
    I had the same feeling about the polka. It was the biggest pattern and skated so smoothly. Hopefully they manage to nail those key-points.

And yes, the Carmen ending from the gala was absolutely great.

vCash
    I think the SD needs to be seen live to be appreciated. The costuming, music and edges were just spectacular. I cannot understand why so many are still not enjoying this program

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    Pani did you notice that Scott kissed Marina again?

I think that D&W are worried as everyone says their's is generic and so they are bringing fresh input.

So which one are you among the fans???
    Yes, he love Marina and need her And i notice he kissed Marina after practice and didnt kissed TAT - we was a little worry, but then i saw on video he kissed TAT at the begining of practice. I have impression Scott afraid TAT
    At first practice T-S went to Gorshkov and Pissev and said them thanks for invitation to CoR and good organization.. Its look funny.
    And i need to notice, judges was at every ice dance practice. Galina Gordon-Poltorak, Shehovtsova and referee (Van der Broke i think) several times had big discussion about some elements. I was afraid they were talking about gigven illigal element to T-S.

I didnt saw video yet, sorry.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Manaud View Post
    I think the SD needs to be seen live to be appreciated. The costuming, music and edges were just spectacular. I cannot understand why so many are still not enjoying this program
    I could understand, because "Carmen" is so different from there usuall style. So people could thinking only about it ))))
    And i agree "live" you could see much more in this SD, then on TV. Not surprise TAT, Moiseeva-Minenkov and some other vips gave them standing ovations after this SD. Will see how they will re-work it.
    O, and did you notice our banners? Tessa were so impressed, she talked about it even in Mix-zone. She said- we even didnt have any in Canada. Look, like this was important for them to have one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    Thanks so much.
    I tried at home and at work and just doesnt work.
    Weird. Did you try clearing your cookies and cache? Sometimes that can fix bugs like that.

vCash
    Meh - to each their own, there are plenty of naysayers about Carmen as well. I will say I definitely don't enjoy it as much as the FD but I'm generally a bigger fan of the FD anyway.

vCash
    At first practice T-S went to Gorshkov and Pissev and said them thanks for invitation to CoR and good organization.. Its look funny.
    Funny - as in amusing or as in strange? Why?
    Did you manage to hear what they were saying?!

vCash
    welcome back, Pani! great to see you here again
    i'm so glad that it tourned out as a fantastic event for the fans since they're so loved in Russia i hope Tessa and Scott will feel "at home" in Sochi for the GPF and of course, at the Olympics.
    Pani, did you like I/K FD, by chance? how was it received by the audience?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IoanaC View Post
    Funny - as in amusing or as in strange? Why?
    Did you manage to hear what they were saying?!
    No, they were on big distance from us. Look like they said - thank you and show there respect to first OGM in ice dance

vCash
    And one more - Zueva try to talk about masterpiece FD for Shibs, when all journalists talked only about V-M "Carmen". She wasnt happy people ignore her and went to press-conference to see the winners
    lol what the hell! I'm sorry I found this so funny! So you guys just left her there?

And who is Piseev?
    I do enjoy it initially, but then the polka part starts and I'm like whoa where did that come from; then it's gone just as fast as it came. It's just not gelling quite yet for me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by martyross View Post
    welcome back, Pani! great to see you here again
    i'm so glad that it tourned out as a fantastic event for the fans since they're so loved in Russia i hope Tessa and Scott will feel "at home" in Sochi for the GPF and of course, at the Olympics.
    Pani, did you like I/K FD, by chance? how was it received by the audience?
    O, I-K.... At last FD practice press didnt get any support to them. All look like- WTF?
    At competitions people try to cheer them from the begining a lot. But after the FD audience was in shock and they didnt have a lot off support at all. I was womder - this was in there home country.
    Sinitsina-Zhiganshin and Monko-Khalyvin have more support at CoR.
    As for my opinion. I think they could replace some words from there music, made some interresting lifts, because they show not very impressive now, put more transitions. I still cant understand, why this two skating with such big distance from each other. I think there skating skills let them to skate in more close positions.

lol what the hell! I'm sorry I found this so funny! So you guys just left her there?
    Scott went to the press conference and all went with them - so yes, people left her, becasue want to see medalists.

vCash
    Valentin Piseev is second in command after Gorshkov (I think; he is the called the general director) of the RUssian figure skating fed)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post

And who is Piseev?

I do enjoy it initially, but then the polka part starts and I'm like whoa where did that come from; then it's gone just as fast as it came. It's just not gelling quite yet for me.
    Also, vote for Scott for sexiest skater of the year

vCash
    Welcome back Pani - glad you got to see Tessa and Scott live. What a thrill. Are you going to the GP Finale?
    pug lover

Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast