Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Shay...when you have the time you should definitely give the vid a watch. It's a relatively more intimate interaction with Tess and Scott.

There's a super cute A vs. B rapid fire. Evening vs. morning. Cinema vs. nightclub. Beer vs. vodka etc.

Like someone said up thread, they had an entirely different version of Carmen earlier in the summer, and the one we are lucky to be seeing wasn't conceived until August, which is crazy, to think a couple of months later we were seeing it at Skate Canada.

Tessa talks about her costume, her mom had a big influence on its design. And some of those layers are hand painted. (Their costumes this year are exquisite in quality, hers especially in both the SD and FD. They look lux, as if they could be any more regal. I'd love just a still close up of the beadwork on her SD dress.) It's clear from the interview that Tess and Scott were very deliberately veering away from the traditional portrayal of Carmen...opting for the black outfits, focussing on precise movement vs. "typical" facial movements and "crazy" arms.

They were asked about their preferred roommates. Tess said Joannie and Jeff. Scott enjoyed rooming with the pairs boys...Cody Hay and Craig Buntin. It sounds like they both get their own rooms these days.

When asked about their future...Tess restates that she's interested in academics...psych masters, perhaps business, or law. Scott says he would be interested in giving back...not sure if he'd be patient enough coaching students that weren't really interested in being there (young skaters?) but it seems as though he'd be open to being involved behind the scenes. And he mentions Tess as a choreographer. Tess says perhaps commentating would be one way she'd continue her involvement with the sport.

There's a ton more. And I hope I haven't butchered their original intent with my shorthand. Seriously, go watch it girl!!!

vCash
    Thanks Jess! I've watched like 5 min of it, but I'll probably finish the rest this week. I did find it sweet and amusing at the same time when they were bombarded with all those gifts.

vCash
    Many thanks for all the tidbits in the last couple of days. I've watched parts of the fan-cam but when time permits, I guess I'll have to watch the thing in its entirety as well. I leave it up to those more resourceful posters to produce this stuff, but I sure do appreciate all that you do.

I do love both of her costumes this year. They suit the programs extremely well. And I know I'm not one of the major posters here but I do hope to catch up with some of you at Worlds......whoever is going to be there.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    I am looking forward to seeing this FD live. It is very rare that I get to see my favourite programs live. I think the only one I have seen live is Carmina Burana by A&P, Riverdance by B&K, and Spente le Stelle by D&V
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

vCash
    I'm loving PJ and Kurt's podcasts this season. This time, with Tracy Wilson:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskati...es-doubts.html

Scroll down a little. They start talking about the dance event I think a little after the midway point.
    Ijust cannot get this to work - any suggestions? Am I doing something wrong?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jl22aries View Post
    Tessa talks about her costume, her mom had a big influence on its design. And some of those layers are hand painted. (Their costumes this year are exquisite in quality, hers especially in both the SD and FD. They look lux, as if they could be any more regal. I'd love just a still close up of the beadwork on her SD dress.) It's clear from the interview that Tess and Scott were very deliberately veering away from the traditional portrayal of Carmen...opting for the black outfits, focussing on precise movement vs. "typical" facial movements and "crazy" arms.
    I like the FD costumes a lot. The mesh on Scott's costume is especially interesting. I would have thought that having just one part of one arm in mesh would have looked odd, but it doesn't! Tessa's mom knows what looks good on them!

vCash
    I thought it was really neat that her mom was involved with the costuming. Now we know where Tessa's fashion sense comes from.
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

vCash
    The costumes are beautiful when they are standing still while in closeup on TV, but I really don't like the way the Carmen skirt moves, it gets stuck too often and then looks akward, or very unattractive, and when the camera pulls back and they are viewed from a distance they do not look as good either. I almost prefer the practice outfits as they are less distracting and I can concentrate on the beautiful skating and the fantastic body shapes instead of wondering about when Tessa's skirt is going to come back down... I totally love what the are doing this season, I think by the time worlds roll around we will see a program for the ages, one that will be talked about for years and years. I am not quite sold on the ending pose, costumes yet, but I trust them to grow and develop the FD throughout the season, it is already got the wow factor, I just want them to put this one into the hall of fame...

vCash
    Both the SD and the FD costumes look wonderful live. If I had my pick, I too would love to see them skate Carmen in practice outfits. So would their coaches, according to what Tessa said in the video posted by the Russian fans. But the dress doesn't look distracting to me at all, and I've already come to associate it with the program. As for the ending pose, it's just fabulous. I wouldn't change one single move of this program, and I completely trust them to make it flow smoothly in a couple of months' time. After all, they've only had this choreography since August and it's already wowing the world.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IoanaC View Post
    ...I wouldn't change one single move of this program, and I completely trust them to make it flow smoothly in a couple of months' time. After all, they've only had this choreography since August and it's already wowing the world.
    I too don't want anything to be changed at all in the FD, even the moves which are giving them trouble. Though I'm still kind of hoping the program would be polished enough for GPF, but I guess I have to be realistic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    Ijust cannot get this to work - any suggestions? Am I doing something wrong?
    Perhaps you're missing a plug in? Or I've noticed with their videos, occasionally they just stop working for me, and the next day they're fine again (don't know if it's the site or my computer). I'm off to work but when I have a chance, if it's still not working for you I'm happy to do a rough recap of what they say.

vCash
    To me the most interesting part of the interview with the Russian fans was the fact that they had different choreography initially for the FD and that it was scrapped and the new one not finished until later in August.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    To me the most interesting part of the interview with the Russian fans was the fact that they had different choreography initially for the FD and that it was scrapped and the new one not finished until later in August.
    Do you think that is when they found out that C&L were also skating Carmen and Marina got them to bring Swan in to make this Carmen more unique?

That could also explain why they spent the two weeks doing that CNE show in August that worried some people. Perhaps they wanted to be close to Swan to get lots of work done.

vCash
    Thanks so much.
    I tried at home and at work and just doesnt work.

vCash

Re: Virtue and Moir #22 - To Russia with love

Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    Do you think that is when they found out that C&L were also skating Carmen and Marina got them to bring Swan in to make this Carmen more unique?

That could also explain why they spent the two weeks doing that CNE show in August that worried some people. Perhaps they wanted to be close to Swan to get lots of work done.
    This is exactly what I thought.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    I have a feeling it was Tessa, not Marina. Marina strikes me as too vain to bring in someone else unless it's for a specialized dance such as the flamenco or Bollywood, or to bring in one of her old friends from Russia to look at the CDs. I imagine she feels she is quite capable of doing a Carmen that can beat C&L/Igor. If anything I want to know how Marina reacted if Tessa suggested it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    I have a feeling it was Tessa, not Marina. Marina strikes me as too vain to bring in someone else unless it's for a specialized dance such as the flamenco or Bollywood, or to bring in one of her old friends from Russia to look at the CDs. I imagine she feels she is quite capable of doing a Carmen that can beat C&L/Igor. If anything I want to know how Marina reacted if Tessa suggested it.
    However it happened I'm glad it did, it seems pretty obvious from the fan interview the "art" of the FD came from Swan. Though they are both very careful to give equal billing and won't commit to a percentage

eta..About to open a can of worms here but I've been wondering about Igor's wife since Skate Canada. She is named on icenetwork as part of the coaching team for C&L and was there in the K&C but when I looked at that time she is also still listed as a coach at Canton (Igor had been removed from the list so the list was updated). So maybe Marina gave her blessing to send them up to Swan away from prying eyes

I personally think Marina and Swan are a good combination creatively and hope they continue that relationship into 2014.
    Last edited by bmcg; 11-14-2012 at 05:53 PM.

vCash

Re: Virtue and Moir #22 - To Russia with love

Say what you will, but artists have a unique style that you can recognize. Most of what I see in this FD didn't come from Marina. This is not what she does. Of course, she probably was the one who pieced it together. But those moves weren't created by her. As for her being vain, I doubt that too. Otherwise she wouldn't have accepted help from an outside choreographer.

I'm very happy they'll continue working with Swan. She's helped them create their two best free dances now, that must tell you something.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Debrah View Post
    The costumes are beautiful when they are standing still while in closeup on TV, but I really don't like the way the Carmen skirt moves, it gets stuck too often and then looks akward, or very unattractive, and when the camera pulls back and they are viewed from a distance they do not look as good either. I almost prefer the practice outfits as they are less distracting and I can concentrate on the beautiful skating and the fantastic body shapes instead of wondering about when Tessa's skirt is going to come back down... I totally love what the are doing this season, I think by the time worlds roll around we will see a program for the ages, one that will be talked about for years and years. I am not quite sold on the ending pose, costumes yet, but I trust them to grow and develop the FD throughout the season, it is already got the wow factor, I just want them to put this one into the hall of fame...
    I wouldn't change anything in the choreography, but I kinda agree with you about the dress. I wish she had a dress/female version of Scott's outfit...something even simpler than the dress she has now. I think the simplicity of the practice clothes is what's making the practice sessions of Carmen seem more intense to me somehow. And you're right about the skirt having a tendency to get stuck; in the beginning of this practice video Meyers posted on ff Scott actually pulls down the skirt after it rides up again lol: http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=xCo6RA8hzjc

vCash
    Hi, guys! I am happy you enjoy all backstage stuff from CoR.
    I have impression, most V-M fans are from Russia. When they return to the hotel after FD people was so loud, i think T-S were in a little shock
    And i think they need one more suitcase for bring all there presents to Canada.

Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast