Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

vCash
    Yes, it seems like Igor actually did Tessa and Scott a favor by giving the Italians another Carmen. It forced them to rethink and go progressive Truly delightful to us as fans
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    they are super-talent and splendid and skate with confidence, but under the surface even the best of bests' may be full of doubts and could be afraid of inferiority, as much as weird it appears to "normal" people who admire them. sometimes, being all bold and confident-sounding, almost in an arrogant way, can be a way to cover such insecurities.
    i remember after 2011 world, they said something about the importance of winning, because being defetead would make them start questioning themselves. and since skating is their life, it must be really really important to succeed. probably one of the reasons of these fears is the pressure they're under.
    the rivalry with Davis and White, imo, is really complex at a very deep level. and probably the other couple too takes the rivarly in such personal way. after all they're still so young and can be heavily influenced by what people around them/media say about them. not that all adults are free of these psychological issues, naturally.

vCash
    what does PJ say in the video? how come she's angry on Shpilband? i can't load the video because of poor connection

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by martyross View Post
    what does PJ say in the video? how come she's angry on Shpilband? i can't load the video because of poor connection
    I wouldn't say she was angry at Shpilband. PJ and Brenda Irving talked about the "battle of the Carmens" actually being a pseudo-battle, because the main fight is between V/M and D/W. PJ wondered what was Igor's intention in giving C/L the same music that would be used by one of the top 2 teams in the world - implying that he might have known about Tessa and Scott's Carmen when he began working with Anna & Luca. She said the Italians have a nice program, but it falls flat due to the inevitable comparison with T&S.
    Brenda Irving said that she would hate to have to stand next to a super-model.
    Last edited by IoanaC; 11-28-2012 at 11:18 PM.

vCash
    thanx!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IoanaC View Post
    I wouldn't say she was angry at Shpilband. PJ and Brenda Irving talked about the "battle of the Carmens" actually being a pseudo-battle, because the main fight is between V/M and D/W. PJ wondered what was Igor's intention in giving C/L the same music that would be used by one of the top 2 teams in the world - implying that he might have known about Tessa and Scott's Carmen when he began working with Anna & Luca. She said the Italians have a nice program, but it falls flat due to the inevitable comparison with T&S.
    Brenda Irving said that she would hate to have to stand next to a super-model.
    Well, we know now that Carmen was intended to be used for the SD but regardless, it is highly suspect that Igor chose that music for Anna and Luca at all.
    Poor Tessa and Scott, this is the second time in 4 years that their music has been used by another team as well (third if you count I/K using the same 2 out of 3 songs of the SD last season). I agree that it's disadvantageous for the other teams as they will just be compared to V/M and will probably not measure up.

vCash
    I don't know what Igor was thinking giving C&L 'Carmen'? It just seems so intentionally spiteful even if it's not, and pre-planned because he must have known, even if he really didn't, that's how it comes across. Anna and Luca are such a lovely and talented couple that I feel they deserve better, because if any part of Igor chose this program for the wrong reason he is doing a diservice to them and using them but I hope it's all a happy accident.

Add me to the list when it comes to being disheartened by Scott & Tessa's comments about not winning in 2011. They are way to hard on themselves, especially Tessa. I can't believe that after all they have accomplished that they still feel so insecure. I'm as insecure a person as anyone but at some point you do have to say to yourself 'get over it'. If they lose in London that's exactly what they'll have to do. Especially in a judged sport all you can do is your best and the rest is not in their hands but to feel because they finish second that they are somehow not worthy of their Olympic and World titles is just crazy. Snap out of it kids you're fabulous and how many people will ever experience and accomplish all that they have, they should feel proud and grateful. They are truly blessed and so are we that we get to watch it all unfold.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elle123 View Post
    I think it all boils down to personal preference. Those with no figure skating/ice dancing knowledge are going to choose whichever program speaks to them personally. They aren't going to be able to fathom how difficult element A or B is. Whether it's the music, choreo, performance or costuming - it's hard to tell who's going to like what.
    I think sometimes we get too caught up into what OTHER people like or don't like and get personally offended (I suffer from this from time to time as well), when all that matters is what YOU like. It would be another story if crowds had a say in who the winner or had any weight with the judging panel, but luckily for us it doesn't.
    With that being said: GO CARMEN
    I think this is pretty much on the money. I love programs by both D&W (Bollywood, Samson & Delilah) V&M (Pink Floyd & Carmen) and enjoy different aspects of both teams. That being said, as someone who honestly didn't give either D&W or V&M much thought until this season, Carmen has absolutely blown me away this season. To me, it is not only on a different level from other V&M programs, it is on a whole different level from what any other couple is offering this year. IMVHO Carmen is the best ice dance program since A&P's Carmina Burana. Just speaking for myself, as much as I want V&M to win the GPF and Worlds, because I honestly believe they have the best F.D., for me it's almost secondary to getting the opportunity to watch this program (and Scott and Tessa's performance) develop over the season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    Yes, it seems like Igor actually did Tessa and Scott a favor by giving the Italians another Carmen. It forced them to rethink and go progressive Truly delightful to us as fans
    It his team is not truly competing against d/w though so no favours needed. I am also sure that igor already knew and saw parts of v/m's carmen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    It his team is not truly competing against d/w though so no favours needed. I am also sure that igor already knew and saw parts of v/m's carmen
    But when T-S came back from the vacation Igor wasnt there...
    But all this story is very interesting and if someone will wright book about Zueva-Shpilband split he (or she) dont need to compete anymore and could by small beautifull house in Swiss Alps
    All this about C-L changed FD in summer, all that rumors about T-S Carmen look, like there Flamenco OD and then we found out they changed Carmen in August sound promissing for us, who want to read book like this some day

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    But when T-S came back from the vacation Igor wasnt there...
    But all this story is very interesting and if someone will wright book about Zueva-Shpilband split he (or she) dont need to compete anymore and could by small beautifull house in Swiss Alps
    All this about C-L changed FD in summer, all that rumors about T-S Carmen look, like there Flamenco OD and then we found out they changed Carmen in August sound promissing for us, who want to read book like this some day
    Unfortunately skating is out of fashion in north america so the book will have to sell in Russia and Japan!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    Unfortunately skating is out of fashion in north america so the book will have to sell in Russia and Japan!
    I think the most part of the rumors in FS usually was brought from TEB. So - France Especially if they wright something about Brian

Morozov interview
    http://fsrussia.ru/news/297_nikolaj-...kih-poblazhek/

What strong sides have all 6 ice dance teams, who will be at GPF?
    Virtue-Moir. He is unique ice dance patner. I think today he is best male patner in FS World. They show relationships between man and a woman really well. All belive them. Plus "presentation". Scott is very strong patner, so he is able ro representing his patner. Plus lifts, skating, new elements.
    D-W. Speed and light skating.
    P-B - originality. In there programs you alwayse could find things, wich only this two made.
    C-L - emotionality, Italian expression.
    B-S - wide experience of performances.

YEAH!
    vCash
    So Zhulin pretends Elena, Nikita, and Tessa don't exist, huh.

I do understand Carmen as a great choice for C&L. Their last great program was another tragic opera, Traviata, and they have been skating at Opera on Ice (in Verona, with live opera singers). They really study and inhabit the characters they perform, such as in their La Strada program (which is a movie, but still). This program pushes them into another level of maturity. I do feel honestly bad about them getting upstaged by V&M. Assuming V&M and D&W are a lock for gold and silver, C&L would be my choice for bronze this year. I really don't understand what Igor was thinking if he knew V&M were using it.

I'm not even talking about from the perspective of hurting V&M - whatever to that - but from the perspective of having to rebuild as a coach and being given the opportunity to work with a team who is strong, but still trying to find their way around the big guns. They are higher profile than R&T, C&B, and C&S so you'd think he would want to do something really original with them to show everyone that he can be creative and not boring like Zoueva is alleged to be.

Part of me wonders if it wasn't just desperation - he was working out his situation at Novi, and C&L weren't with him on a permanent basis, so he had to throw something together fast and he used whatever moves he had in mind for V&M.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    So Zhulin pretends Elena, Nikita, and Tessa don't exist, huh.
    Zhulin? I think he talked about V-M - especiall relationships with each others and with ice. But i envy he didnt said nothing about skating and new elements, like Morozov did

I do feel honestly bad about them getting upstaged by V&M. Assuming V&M and D&W are a lock for gold and silver, C&L would be my choice for bronze this year. I really don't understand what Igor was thinking if he knew V&M were using i
    Last season i thought they must be at last war-up at WCh and people love them. They are very, very good dancers. But sorry, not such a good skaters
    As for this season.... You know, who i wish will win all gold especially with this programs But after i saw P-B i wish medal for them at WCh. From another hand i wish B-S will be encourage fro there FD this season.
    Then i feel bad for W-P. I dont like there programs so much, but they are such hard-workers and they really thought they could take medal in London. And they could improve FD before Nationals.
    Then i know a lot of people love Lena and Nikita. But i feel like they have worst programs in this season. I wish there result will not be too high and they will stop working with Morozov before OG
    And i know, no way D-W will not be on top. So - could we have more places on podium?
    Last edited by pani; 11-29-2012 at 03:00 PM.

vCash
    B-S - wide experience of performances.

I wonder what Morozov meant by that? Is it supposed to be complimentary? Or a putdown?

YEAH!
    vCash
    I know he admires V&M but given all the discussions we've been having about Tessa's self-esteeme, it annoyed me to see him going on about how Scott is the best male partner, and no specific mention of Tessa other than as part of the couple. Tessa just flat out does not get enough credit for being the most elegant female dancer.

ETA: Sorry! I thought the above interview was with Zhulin, not Morozov! I thought he wasn't mentioning I&K because he was still bittah about the split.

But my comment about Tessa still stands.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    I know he admires V&M but given all the discussions we've been having about Tessa's self-esteeme, it annoyed me to see him going on about how Scott is the best male partner, and no specific mention of Tessa other than as part of the couple. Tessa just flat out does not get enough credit for being the most elegant female dancer.

ETA: Sorry! I thought the above interview was with Zhulin, not Morozov! I thought he wasn't mentioning I&K because he was still bittah about the split.

But my comment about Tessa still stands.
    Yes, Morozov And thats why he didnt say nothing about I-K

You know, i love his comments. At least he said about there lifts, new elements and skating And from his words look like they are best for him at this moment. And he said they play realationships very well. So Scott couldnt play rekationships on ice along
    As for Scott. What could he do - he is the best. For me - best after Dean (i am uber, i could say this ).
    You know, i dont like when Scott at the meeting said he is very bad in modern dancing and ballet. Who told this to him? Not me

vCash

Re: Virtue and Moir #22 - To Russia with love

Yeah, Tessa is the best. A bit of credit to her would never hurt. It's not like she just stands there while he twirls her around. Gee.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post

I wonder what Morozov meant by that? Is it supposed to be complimentary? Or a putdown?
    I think putdawn. Its a game between Zhulin and Morozov. Zhulin said about I-K - good speed

vCash

Re: Virtue and Moir #22 - To Russia with love

I have spoken in the past about how I feel Tessa grasps better the tone of their dances. But, oh well, people prefer Scott because he overacts. Not in a bad way, though he can oversell it sometimes.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2

Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast