Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by martyross View Post
    hey, hey. are you sure that making accusations to the people here isn't a way to project your own fears about T&S winning?
    ITA

vCash
    I really enjoy that these two teams fight for their win and the best program possible. It makes it very exciting ... Just a reminder that v/m have shown a not perfect Carmen yet either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight1 View Post
    Just watched D&W and loving their freedance. Really great program. I prefer V&M but that is like me loving Klimova & Ponomarenko and Usova & Zhulin. 2 teams that were a class in themselves. Would love to see V&M win in London.
    You know, this made me sad. Really.
    I cant understand, when one poster at russian message board said, that FS and people are not ready for this "Carmen". they care more about art, then sport.
    Now i understand her. People couldnt see the difference in body movement and dirfficultie of some of V-M elements. For example this spin, where Scott touch Tessas face. Uniqie V-M lifts still underrated.
    I even read Tessa-Scott look so bad in Carmen, they need to show something more romatic
    When Delobel-Shonfelder did something like this, people loved there programs, even if N-K skated with WOW factor nobody said there programs were at the same level.
    Not the same situation now. Look like even in London in will be D-W arena. I never could understand this unrespect to V-M in Canada. Canadainas never made bunner for them, never recognise them on street. So i am not surprise Patrick and V-M were in shock at CoR with so much fans of all skaters were there.
    Hope situation is different for W-P. And V-M will not compete very soon and Canad will have top team, wich they want to have. I read theye worked with Shae-Lynn. Cant wait to see what they will show at Nationals. I think she feel this team much better, then Krylova Pasqualle.

vCash
    Pani,
    I agree about the banner - its sad they didnt have any before.
    But I dont agree about the recognition. Its just our mentality to be very respectful of others privacy. When Katie Holmes took Suri to a children's amusement park in Toronto no one went near them but allowed them their space. I sat opposite Patrick Swayze at lunch but would never have thought to go and ask for his autograph or photo or disturb his peace.

At the CNE, VM were adored. I know people who went three days just to see them skate and these are not figure skating fans.

Of course as Patrick said its all about hockey here and FS doesnt have so many fans.

WP worked with Shae before they went to Krylova and continued to work with her in off season so that is nothing new. With the baby she will likely do more coaching /choreo and less shows.

vCash
    Yes, I think that to be the case Emdee. We are just considerably more reticent to approach celebrities here in Canada. I know I am. If they are making themselves available to the public, that's a different story, but out on the street or in a restaurant, it's hands off for most of us here. Don't ya know, we're too polite
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    People are entitled to their opinions. Pani it's unfortunate that you can't be more positive about v/m and stop reacting to what others say. This is a never ending cycle each season with you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    Pani,At the CNE, VM were adored. I know people who went three days just to see them skate and these are not figure skating fans.

Of course as Patrick said its all about hockey here and FS doesnt have so many fans.

WP worked with Shae before they went to Krylova and continued to work with her in off season so that is nothing new. With the baby she will likely do more coaching /choreo and less shows.
    I think all remeber that intetview with V-M about nobody recognised them i Toronto and they said, its alwayse the same. And yes, i mean Patrick interview.And all remeber reaction on this interview from Canadians.
    I dont want to say nothing bad about Canada. Most part of my favorite skaters are from Canada and Orser i think was the first one
    But its hard for me to see how canadians support V-M main rivals. Its not like with B-K, when people even ignoer L-A at WCh 2001
    And i want to made my point more clear - i dislike people didnt see that speciall. wich V-M have. So they didnt admire this difference and didnt want to see it.
    And there are so big D-W group of fans, when V-M have maybe 2-3 fans, when all ltehr s like "o, this teams are the same, dont care who will win".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    People are entitled to their opinions. Pani it's unfortunate that you can't be more positive about v/m and stop reacting to what others say. This is a never ending cycle each season with you.
    Sorry, i am positive about V-M, but not postitve about i must be happy with there lose. And V-M are not happy to lose D-W.
    Last edited by pani; 11-26-2012 at 05:12 PM.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    But its hard for me to see how canadians support V-M main rivals. Its not like with B-K, when people even ignoer L-A at WCh 2001
    You have a point there... V&M don't seem to have the rabid fanbase B&K had. D&W are generally treated with respect. The B&K fans tended to trash their rivals except D&V who were also considered part of the "wuzrobbed" brotherhood. I remember something about the fans at Vancouver telling people to turn around while FP&M skated and not look at them. Oh, those were the days. And the battles with G&P at the press conferences and Pasha's aunt bashing Shae-Lynn... just epic.

I don't know why it's different with V&M but I'm sure it's not because B&K were better skaters. A major reason is probably that V&M are friends with D&W and have never dissed them, while Shae-Lynn was pretty vocal about her feelings of being robbed. Maybe the Canadian fans are just taking their cues from what they see in V&M's interviews ("we need to work on our levels, Meryl & Charlie are so talented, we enjoy going head to head with them" etc). Even V&M and D&W themselves, sometimes, are so polite that it makes it seem like they agree that they are both equal and whoever skates best on the day should win.

We know that they don't really believe this (I'm sure D&W don't either) and Scott let it slip a little when he said V&M were the most artistic team of the past 10 years. But it's not enough to say it, they're actually displaying it with Carmen, which is winning over many experts and hardcore dance fans. They're separating themselves from the pack now.

I will be very upset if Carmen loses at any event, to any team, but it hasn't happened yet and I concern myself with head-to-head battles, not scores.

vCash
    And i want to made my point more clear - i dislike people didnt see that speciall. wich V-M have. So they didnt admire this difference and didnt want to see it.
    And there are so big D-W group of fans, when V-M have maybe 2-3 fans, when all ltehr s like "o, this teams are the same, dont care who will win".
    I agree. Its really sad that VM dont have more fans. They are such a special team. I remember the ovations they got at the Olys so I know there are fans but they are more restrained and spread out and not very vocal.

I think interest in skating is down somewhat and I think that the rabid fanbase was created by the wuzrobbed by BK and everyone around them.
    At one point they had won the GPF and everyone felt their next step would be Wch but then nothing happened there.

I will be very upset if Carmen loses at any event, to any team, but it hasn't happened yet and I concern myself with head-to-head battles, not scores.
    Me too! Counting the days to the GPF.

vCash
    The more I watch V/M's SD, the more I like it. Tessa is especially interesting -- interesting movements, and intense characterization. Once they have a coherent storyline, I think this SD will really take off. I'm excited to see what they do in this time before GPF!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sap5 View Post
    The more I watch V/M's SD, the more I like it. Tessa is especially interesting -- interesting movements, and intense characterization. Once they have a coherent storyline, I think this SD will really take off. I'm excited to see what they do in this time before GPF!
    My feelings exactly. What's also very special is the way the music fills the arena when you watch the program live. It really captures you.

vCash
    I dance in a group that does a lot of performing around Stampede time - big and small events. This past summer we danced at a charitable event for 'Meals on Wheels". I noticed an attractive blonde woman just quietly visiting with people in the crowd. I saw no entourage, no media, and it took me a few minutes to realize that she looked familiar because she is the wife of the Prime Minister of Canada. There was no crowd around her seeking her attention and she could have been the woman next door. I'm sure there must have been secret service around her but they were certainly not obvious. I might add that her husband represents a Calgary constituency and if they are well known anywhere it should be here. I guess I mention that because I think this may be unique to Canada. I know Tessa and Scott and Patrick are not rock stars like Yu Na or Mao in their own country but I think that could be a blessing in some ways. They are free to go about their business without wearing disguises or being constantly hounded. I do agree Pani, we could do more to show Tessa and Scott how much we appreciate them. Canada is the land of "The Good Old Hockey Game" and that is where the hearts of a lot of the country lie. However, I do think as a country we cherish each and every olympic medal, no matter the colour. Many of the fans here are quite knowledgeable about figure skating and I do feel they have enormous love and respect for Virtue and Moir.
    pug lover

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    I remember something about the fans at Vancouver telling people to turn around while FP&M skated and not look at them. Oh, those were the days. And the battles with G&P at the press conferences and Pasha's aunt bashing Shae-Lynn... just epic..
    Yes, that was the times of craz love to FS. I remeber Morozov talked they couldnt stay at hotels in Canada, because people were crazy about Shae-Lynn
    Like Kurt said in that movie about Patrick - in his time skaters could made money, but not nowday.
    In Russia even childrens didnt pay for praticie, ice, costumes, skates. In Canada even OGM didnt get prize money and didnt get a lot of money. Its sad. Maybe thats why a lot of young people lost there motivation.
    And i am happy T-S after all this still skating and wish to get gold for Canada.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    And i am happy T-S after all this still skating and wish to get gold for Canada.
    I get the feeling that this time, they want to get the gold for themselves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    You have a point there... V&M don't seem to have the rabid fanbase B&K had. D&W are generally treated with respect. The B&K fans tended to trash their rivals except D&V who were also considered part of the "wuzrobbed" brotherhood. I remember something about the fans at Vancouver telling people to turn around while FP&M skated and not look at them. Oh, those were the days. And the battles with G&P at the press conferences and Pasha's aunt bashing Shae-Lynn... just epic.

I don't know why it's different with V&M but I'm sure it's not because B&K were better skaters. A major reason is probably that V&M are friends with D&W and have never dissed them, while Shae-Lynn was pretty vocal about her feelings of being robbed. Maybe the Canadian fans are just taking their cues from what they see in V&M's interviews ("we need to work on our levels, Meryl & Charlie are so talented, we enjoy going head to head with them" etc). Even V&M and D&W themselves, sometimes, are so polite that it makes it seem like they agree that they are both equal and whoever skates best on the day should win.

We know that they don't really believe this (I'm sure D&W don't either) and Scott let it slip a little when he said V&M were the most artistic team of the past 10 years. But it's not enough to say it, they're actually displaying it with Carmen, which is winning over many experts and hardcore dance fans. They're separating themselves from the pack now.

Ahhhh. I remember my first post on FSU when I went on a rant about B&K bashers. The food ol days!

I equate V&M to Klimova & Ponomarenko and D&W to Usova & Zhulin. 2 fabulous teams that are stunning to watch. I don't think I am a bad Canadian because I like and appreciate Davis & White. Their SD is really cute and fun and their FD is very mature and precise.

Virtue & Moir are the most artistic team of the last 10 years... I would actually say they are the most artistic since Anissina & Peizerat retired in 2002 but I would place them well above A&P in potential. I still think Carmen is just a glimpse into what they are really capable of.
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight1 View Post
    I don't think I am a bad Canadian because I like and appreciate Davis & White.
    You are. Because you didnt even try to see difference and try to understand.
    I like one russian fan (not V-M, but FS), that V-M its elite shop and D-W is budgetary supermarket
    And yes, people love supermarkets much more and its not bad.

I think Zhulin will be angry if he will know he and Maia were equate to D-W with all his "love" to this team.
    Last edited by pani; 11-26-2012 at 08:01 PM.

vCash
    I too was surprised at the comparison to Zhulin - somehow I see T&S being a combination of the two the connection of K&P with the artistic side of U&Z.

D&W are so technical and so cold. In some ways to me more like B&K. While I adored Shae, I felt they lacked a connection.

vCash
    Just want ask you, guys. Did Tessa ll time smiled during FD at CoR?

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    I too was surprised at the comparison to Zhulin - somehow I see T&S being a combination of the two the connection of K&P with the artistic side of U&Z.
    This. Not that U/Z were shabby in the connection department either, but yes, V/M definitely remind me of a combination of K/P and U/Z. U/Z are still my favorite skaters ever, and I just can't see much of anything they and D/W have in common. I would definitely say that D/W are more similar to B/K.

Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast