Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight1 View Post
    Tracer- the 2011 World's were in Moscow so this isn't the first time they have competed in Russia.
    Yes. This was amazing how people support them at WCh 2011/

Did you saw this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J89bm...tailpage#t=70s

vCash
    The last 36 seconds when he practices alone and then she casually waves for him to stick his head in her arm is hilarious Were you in the fan meeting vid pani?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    I have a feeling it was Tessa, not Marina. Marina strikes me as too vain to bring in someone else unless it's for a specialized dance such as the flamenco or Bollywood, or to bring in one of her old friends from Russia to look at the CDs. I imagine she feels she is quite capable of doing a Carmen that can beat C&L/Igor. If anything I want to know how Marina reacted if Tessa suggested it.
    Marina says she invited Jennifer Swan: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3741662

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IoanaC View Post
    Actually, I think the pbp threads will be significantly friendlier this season. For the SD, opinions differ, but there are almost no negative comments about the FD in the CoR thread, which is a record! All the usual snarky suspects (who, let's be fair, have always appreciated T&S's talent and skating, just not their programs) love Carmen.
    That is a consolation indeed! I've been trying to stay out of them, and might still. My relationship with FSU went to a super dark place last season because I was going into those threads and finding my feelings surprisingly deeply hurt, to the point where it was threatening my enjoyment of the sport. No good!

vCash

Re: Virtue and Moir #22 - To Russia with love

Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Yes. This was amazing how people support them at WCh 2011/

Did you saw this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J89bm...tailpage#t=70s
    Hahahahahaha. Cute.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jl22aries View Post
    That is a consolation indeed! I've been trying to stay out of them, and might still. My relationship with FSU went to a super dark place last season because I was going into those threads and finding my feelings surprisingly deeply hurt, to the point where it was threatening my enjoyment of the sport. No good!
    I felt this way as well. I didn't comment much or even come to FSU all that much either.

vCash
    I post anywhere. I think I developed thick skin when I first came on the board to defend Bourne and Kraatz from a bunch of haters.
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

vCash
    hey guys, have you seen Ashely Wagner's short from Bompard? i immediately thought of Carmen while watching it because of its darkness and intensity. i can't say exactly what they have in common though, maybe it's the fact that it reaches you in some deep place inside. i don't know the story of "The red violin", it must be something about an extreme or even ill passion for something or someone, like in Carmen. these two programs are the best this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by martyross View Post
    hey guys, have you seen Ashely Wagner's short from Bompard? i immediately thought of Carmen while watching it because of its darkness and intensity. i can't say exactly what they have in common though, maybe it's the fact that it reaches you in some deep place inside. i don't know the story of "The red violin", it must be something about an extreme or even ill passion for something or someone, like in Carmen. these two programs are the best this year.
    The Red Violin is a brilliant movie. Loved it.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Red_Violin

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    The Red Violin is a brilliant movie. Loved it.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Red_Violin
    Ditto .. dark yet funny in spots. And the music is absolutely beautiful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixana View Post
    Ditto .. dark yet funny in spots. And the music is absolutely beautiful.
    The music is My favourite Kwan program has always been Red Violin. I recently rewatched that program and realized she doesn't actually do much in it but my god the music just gets inside you.

vCash
    from my blog, compulsory dances...

i've compiled all the links i came across for cup of russia.

videos
    photos
    articles

+

quotes from imaginarypogue and tessa

+

2012-2013 season so far

+

i created a new header, which makes me smile

vCash
    pani, thanks for your Rostelecom reports. It must have been amazing to be able to see V&M live. I'm glad you had a great time.

Tessa looked stunning at the banquet; even the shoes work and I am usually so not a fan of the platform look.

That SD must be something if it's even better live because I'm mesmerized by it and I've only seen the two GP performances on youtube. The SD sets such a mood but unlike some of the I/Z programs from the past, it isn't only dependant on setting a mood and pulling in the audience because of Tessa and Scott's deep natural connection with one another. This SD does have so many different highlights and moves in it. You almost have to watch it repeatedly just to take everything in. Technically and artistically it's wonderful. I love it.

Roughly, the CBC podcast:

Kurt: how many times do we see skaters that have the SS and confidence to go beyond the concentration level it takes just to do them, to allow them to achieve something higher. It doesn't happen very often and I think with this team it does. Skating fans are not used to seeing that rawness. We are used to seeing young skaters who are not at that maturity level

Tracy: that don't have the the dance training, the background, the range
    jl22aries, thanks for transcribing the interview with Kurt and Tracy.

The above exchange in particular caught my attention because I've been thinking the same thing. While it's good that CoP has allowed teams to move forward more quickly, it's also meant that some of the teams on or near the top haven't yet developed that maturity that we used to see in the older dancers that is needed to pull of the types of programs that in the past have become classics. V&M are one of those teams who were naturally blessed with performance and interpretive skills as well as having that ablility to connect with one another even at a young age. It usually takes dance teams awhile to develop that and some never develop that dynamic at all.

I've notice that a number of the newer dance fans became fans around the 08/09 or 09/10 era. At that point IIRC we were starting to see icedance become more like the singles programs. Excercises in technical skill but the choreography itself wasn't anything memorable. There were a couple of teams who managed to try and keep the artistic side along with the technical but it's been awhile since we've seen a program on the level of Carmen. I should add IMHO to that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmen Ovsiannikov View Post
    There were a couple of teams who managed to try and keep the artistic side along with the technical but it's been awhile since we've seen a program on the level of Carmen. I should add IMHO to that.
    I agree. I believe it was aka_gerbil who said that it would work in any system.

I think it's the most complex ice dance program since maybe Denkova & Staviski's Handel FD from 2004.

vCash
    I agree wholeheartedly with you Carmen. There are so many captivating little details in that SD. I especially love Tessa's expressions.....she is a master of that...and also the small nuances on both their parts. Great post
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    I love the photos of VM in this gallery from their exhibition. You get to really see the amazing contrast in their faces and bodies between the two programs. There's no doubt which program is which, despite their being in the same costume.

http://visualrian.ru/en/site/feature...9/?startfrom=0

And hello Fierce:

http://photo.fsonline.ru/index.php/2...OR/FD/_KON0607

vCash
    I love the photos of VM in this gallery from their exhibition. You get to really see the amazing contrast in their faces and bodies between the two programs. There's no doubt which program is which, despite their being in the same costume.

http://visualrian.ru/en/site/feature...9/?startfrom=0

And hello Fierce:

http://photo.fsonline.ru/index.php/2...OR/FD/_KON0607
    Thanks! Love this photos too

vCash
    The TEB Free Dance is on universal sports right now and they just showed Anna and Luca in a Tessa and Scott hug before they compete... how long until all teams are emulating this connecting-moment before they skate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSGP21 View Post
    The TEB Free Dance is on universal sports right now and they just showed Anna and Luca in a Tessa and Scott hug before they compete... how long until all teams are emulating this connecting-moment before they skate
    I know that most of the ice dance couples have expressed admiration for Tessa and Scott's skills, but Anna and Luca seem to really, really admire them. I think it's quite sweet. Anna and Luca seem like such lovely people--I first noticed them a few years ago when Melissa Gregory took a nasty fall in a warm-up (sorry, forgot which competition it was) and they rushed to her side. Anna was the first one there.

Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast