Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 1004
  1. #281

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,565
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by puglover View Post
    Welcome back Pani - glad you got to see Tessa and Scott live. What a thrill. Are you going to the GP Finale?
    Thank you! Now i didnt have a plan to go to GPF. But could change my mind

  2. #282

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,852
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Also, vote for Scott for sexiest skater of the year
    lol alright.
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Thank you! Now i didnt have a plan to go to GPF. But could change my mind
    If you can, do it.

  3. #283

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,921
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    227
    Piseev used to be head of the Soviet Federation, and then he continued to be the head of the Russian Federation until I think recently, when Gorshkov took over. Piseev has been around forever, and he's a pretty big deal.

  4. #284
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,754
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    lol alright.
    I just don't want Scott to lose ANYTHING to Luca

  5. #285

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,852
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    I just don't want Scott to lose ANYTHING to Luca
    I voted.

    Some banquet pictures: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...3123706&type=1. Can we just take a moment to admire Tessa's outfit: http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...32120381_n.jpg

  6. #286

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,445
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2477
    I'm glad you enjoyed yourself Pani, you should go to the GP final now ..........and enjoy yourself again .

    Tessa has a great back and shoulders to carry off a dress like that........she looks amazing in the banquet pics.
    Addicted to FSU

  7. #287
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The airport
    Posts
    1,242
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Does anyone have a link of the medal ceremony?

  8. #288
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    141
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    Does anyone have a link of the medal ceremony?
    Cup of Russia 11 11 2012 Dance medal ceremony
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBF4wdbveHc

  9. #289
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    347
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    I just don't want Scott to lose ANYTHING to Luca

    vote where?

  10. #290
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    GP circuit induced land of insomnia
    Posts
    783
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I really like the SD, A LOT. I've actually gotten the impression it's been positively received. Perhaps not as much madlove as for Carmen. Stay out of the pbp people! I don't think it's a very representational slice of the global figure skating fan base. Aaand it's where the most biting snark goes to die.

    The polka tune has the same period sound and timbre of the Anthony Hopkins piece, so I actually think it sounds in place nestled in the waltz. They do speak about further developing their movement to accentuate the narrative they are trying to convey, but already I feel like their physical and facial expressions are telling me a story.

    I did not get the same impressions from the Marina article that Pani did. In the translated version, it's the interviewer, not Marina, that suggests that some people felt the 1-2 placement ought to have been inverted, and I thought Marina gave a very diplomatic and elegant answer saying that they just don't focus on what they can't control (my words) and that things change from event to event (so here she mentions how the results were indeed inverted for WTT just mere weeks later). I wish to express for the record, that I do not buy into the in-fighting conspiracy theories. These are experienced professionals and consenting adults. Sure there must be challenges and politics, but in-group sabotage? No no no.

    Okay, CBC podcast very rough transcript coming up...

  11. #291
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    GP circuit induced land of insomnia
    Posts
    783
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Roughly, the CBC podcast:

    Kurt: first time a Canadian team has won at COR, and here it happened twice. The world of dance opens up my mind to what the possibilities can be for a performance, despite the many rules in competition programs. VM went above the rules and reached a place that is reserved only for the stage...the theatre or ballet. It's no longer a clean white sheet with advertising on the boards and white lights. They stepped on the stage and went kmph(inaudible sound). Loved the sexual tension.

    Tracy: what tension?! Har har.

    PJ: On twitter there was a woman who really does not like the program, on different levels, I think that tension is part of it. Another twitterer thought it was wow and amazing, modern movement, very original. There was a movie 20 years ago, a flamenco production, and the Carmen was very dark in that piece. Tessa reminds me of that very dark, not romanticized Carmen. Beyond vixen. I'm mesmerized by the transformation. She's lovely in person.

    Kurt: how many times do we see skaters that have the SS and confidence to go beyond the concentration level it takes just to do them, to allow them to achieve something higher. It doesn't happen very often and I think with this team it does. Skating fans are not used to seeing that rawness. We are used to seeing young skaters who are not at that maturity level

    Tracy: that don't have the the dance training, the background, the range

    Kurt: we're used to seeing more of a sport, and when somebody can go past that and make you a little uncomfortable, or make you feel, then our sport has blossomed into something more

    Tracy: they have single handedly changed what I thought was possible in Ice Dance in terms of their technical ability and then the risks they take artistically which make their technical requirements all the more risky, really boggles the mind. It's wonderful for the sport A) the way they're pushing the limits technically and artistically, and just reinventing themselves. The versatility they're showing is just wonderful for all the dancers coming up

    Kurt: Gone are the days where people thought the dangerous lifts were just in pairs.

    Favourite moment of the competition for...

    Tracy: My moment was VM. A little bit personal too. I got into dance because of my love of Russian dancers, what I loved was the drama and passion. I was inspired by them. And then to watch VM come with all their athleticism AND drama, like the great Russians that inspired me, and the blend of both!... and the minute they started the reaction from the audience in Moscow...they just came alive. The four minutes of their routine and the standing ovation, to see Tarasova front and centre standing for VM...it was a thing of beauty.

    PJ: that was my favourite moment of the comp. She's the grand dame of ice dance, and the fact that she gave their FD the nod, it really legitimizes the performance art aspect of the dance for me.

    FINI.

    Kurt, by the way, is TRICKY to transcribe!

  12. #292
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    552
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    elle123 - Trash Can PSOTY SEMIFINAL POLL 2

  13. #293

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    581
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by jl22aries View Post
    I really like the SD, A LOT. I've actually gotten the impression it's been positively received. Perhaps not as much madlove as for Carmen. Stay out of the pbp people! I don't think it's a very representational slice of the global figure skating fan base. Aaand it's where the most biting snark goes to die.
    Actually, I think the pbp threads will be significantly friendlier this season. For the SD, opinions differ, but there are almost no negative comments about the FD in the CoR thread, which is a record! All the usual snarky suspects (who, let's be fair, have always appreciated T&S's talent and skating, just not their programs) love Carmen.

    Thanks for the pics, Shay!

  14. #294
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,485
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jl22aries View Post
    Roughly, the CBC podcast:

    Kurt: first time a Canadian team has won at COR, and here it happened twice. The world of dance opens up my mind to what the possibilities can be for a performance, despite the many rules in competition programs. VM went above the rules and reached a place that is reserved only for the stage...the theatre or ballet. It's no longer a clean white sheet with advertising on the boards and white lights. They stepped on the stage and went kmph(inaudible sound). Loved the sexual tension.

    Tracy: what tension?! Har har.

    PJ: On twitter there was a woman who really does not like the program, on different levels, I think that tension is part of it. Another twitterer thought it was wow and amazing, modern movement, very original. There was a movie 20 years ago, a flamenco production, and the Carmen was very dark in that piece. Tessa reminds me of that very dark, not romanticized Carmen. Beyond vixen. I'm mesmerized by the transformation. She's lovely in person.

    Kurt: how many times do we see skaters that have the SS and confidence to go beyond the concentration level it takes just to do them, to allow them to achieve something higher. It doesn't happen very often and I think with this team it does. Skating fans are not used to seeing that rawness. We are used to seeing young skaters who are not at that maturity level

    Tracy: that don't have the the dance training, the background, the range

    Kurt: we're used to seeing more of a sport, and when somebody can go past that and make you a little uncomfortable, or make you feel, then our sport has blossomed into something more

    Tracy: they have single handedly changed what I thought was possible in Ice Dance in terms of their technical ability and then the risks they take artistically which make their technical requirements all the more risky, really boggles the mind. It's wonderful for the sport A) the way they're pushing the limits technically and artistically, and just reinventing themselves. The versatility they're showing is just wonderful for all the dancers coming up

    Kurt: Gone are the days where people thought the dangerous lifts were just in pairs.

    Favourite moment of the competition for...

    Tracy: My moment was VM. A little bit personal too. I got into dance because of my love of Russian dancers, what I loved was the drama and passion. I was inspired by them. And then to watch VM come with all their athleticism AND drama, like the great Russians that inspired me, and the blend of both!... and the minute they started the reaction from the audience in Moscow...they just came alive. The four minutes of their routine and the standing ovation, to see Tarasova front and centre standing for VM...it was a thing of beauty.

    PJ: that was my favourite moment of the comp. She's the grand dame of ice dance, and the fact that she gave their FD the nod, it really legitimizes the performance art aspect of the dance for me.

    FINI.

    Kurt, by the way, is TRICKY to transcribe!
    Thanks so so much. I dont know why the heck it didnt work for me as it has worked other times.

  15. #295
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    22
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by marikat View Post
    49-minute video of the fan meeting. Tessa and Scott really are great with fans http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Wuoq...layer_embedded
    Thank you for this video, this video just illustrates how far and wide Virtue/Moir's appeal goes. How many skaters truly have a world wide appeal that can garner this kind of devotion, there just isn't many that can do this. But credit Virtue/Moir as well in going out to their fans and meeting up with them in get togethers like this. A fan can be devoted to a skater, but if skaters don't respond to that devotion it can quickly become a one way street, I'm glad to see Virtue/Moir making attempts to reach out to their fans and greeting them in meetings like this.

    Some things that I picked up on this video.

    1)Virtue/Moir have a mass appeal that transends the normal fan bases that usually exists. This fans go out and make banners and get gifts made for their stars. They had two collages made for Virtue/Moir, one for each. Plus we got to see the two banners we saw on the feeds and Virtue/Moir signed them for their fans.

    2)Russia loves Virtue/Moir. I knew they had some fans, but since this was their first visit to Russia, we got to see how many they had. When they skated, there were a ton of Russian fans cheering for Virtue/Moir, with Russian dance couples in the event, it was a huge surprise to me that Virtue/Moir were this loved by the fans. Kudos to the Russians for the support they showered on them.

    3)14:45 This is a fairly big bombshell they dropped. They had the Carmen program already built by June, but by August they dismantled it. They didn't give a definete reason why they would do this, but since Cappelinni/Lanotte had a carmen program coming out, they might of wanted to go into a different direction with it, and in this case this was when Jennifer Swan was brought in to help choreograph the new program. Scott also said this is their favorite Free Dance program they have made. (I guess all skaters would say that for their new program)

    4)35:00 They asked Virtue/Moir who had the most influence in the Carmen Free Dance, Marina Zueva and Oleg Epstein handled the technical side of the Free Dance program and meshing the elements together, but Jennifer Swan handled the choreography part of it with her coming up with movements, lifts and story elements.

    5)16:12 They asked Virtue/Moir about costumes and Tessa replied they didn't want to do a typical red so they went with black with lace and Tessa said, if her coaches had their way, they would want Virtue/Moir to skate in bodysuit and tights to show off their lines.

    This video was very informative, helpful and it showed how much support there is for Tessa and Scott. When your not using their last names to differenciate them with other skaters but using their first names as a couple, that really is telling for people on these forums that they hold a special place in skating.

    Again thank you to the fans out there who make the effort to get videos like this out for all of us fans in the world, we can't say thanks enough to all of you that do this for everyone.

  16. #296
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,754
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    double post

  17. #297
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,754
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by elle123 View Post
    vote where?
    Great Skate Debate (lol)
    PSOTY 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by girlscouse62 View Post
    elle123 - Trash Can PSOTY SEMIFINAL POLL 2
    No that one is over already - the main one is in GSD

  18. #298

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Age
    64
    Posts
    519
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1689
    Body suits and tights - I'm all for it. They have had some fabulous costumes but I love the look of "Pink Floyd" from the WC. Just so sharp and your view is never obstructed by layers or fabric.. I doubt that will change for "Carmen" though but I like the Carmen outfits and am so glad she is not in red. I also like the outfit on Scott in the short dance. He looks great in the pictures from COR.
    pug lover

  19. #299

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,565
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Scott is the best in Carmen costume

  20. #300

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Canada baby!
    Age
    38
    Posts
    7,554
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1101
    There outfits for both the SD and the FD are amazing.

    Tracer- the 2011 World's were in Moscow so this isn't the first time they have competed in Russia.
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •