Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marikat View Post
    Thanks! Watch Tessa's skate in the slowmo of the final lift... Hope scott's leg is ok! ouch (I would think)

vCash
    Thanks! Watch Tessa's skate in the slowmo of the final lift... Hope scott's leg is ok! ouch (I would think)

vCash
    When Tessa and Scott skate like they did in the Hallelujah gala at CoR, I'm not convinced they're two people - the level of connection they share is beyond peerless. It really is a privilege to be able to watch these two.

Quote Originally Posted by aka_gerbil View Post
    Find me consecutive seasons as good as the age where U/Z, K/P, and the Duschenney's were all competing.
    List off the great programs from the 88/89 season to the 91/92 season: OSPs, OD, and FDs. Artistic programs that use skate language in order to convey their artistry will be the heading. I'll do the 06/07 to 09/10 quad

re: Farrucas and Loudness

I KNOW. People who've only seen the NBC coverage don't know what they're missing. Watch the last half of the B. Eurosport coverage. Their first words after the dance: "I'm amazed they could hear their music by the end." Easily one of the most electrifying moments in ice dance ever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    Not sure where a link is now but I think it's referring to answers Igor gave in an interview after Skate Canada where he timed their SD lift off a youtube video and thought they should have had a time deduction. The when asked the inevitable question about the two Carmen FDs said he spoke to judges and they preferred C&Ls version. No mention of how many judges he polled

LOL I think he is full of it...

vCash
    Gala Finale - part with Tessa and Scott http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzdiL0s9t04

vCash
    Was wonderful to see the banners for Tess and Scott. The Rssian fans really embraced them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by girlscouse62 View Post
    Was wonderful to see the banners for Tess and Scott. The Rssian fans really embraced them.
    Indeed, I was very happy to see that too. (Patrick Chan has a huge number of Russian fans as well, the audience loved him. So did I, his skating was sublime.)

Among the countless banners dedicated to the "perfect angel" Johnny Weir (not kidding, he had wings and all), there were two big ones for Tessa and Scott, placed in different corners of the arena. One of them was a picture of the Funny Face final pose, in practice outfits, and it said "Our dream is Sochi 2014". The other was a photo from the press conference at Finlandia and it said "To Tessa and Scott: From Russia with love".

vCash
    Another link I got from Golden Skate forum. It contains photos of Tessa and Scott: http://magiageladapatinagememportugu...esultados.html

I was glad to see the evolution of "Carmen" from Skate Canada to the Cup of Russia. Things looked much more refined and I'm sure that by the world championships it will be beyond amazing. That last lift in the FD gives me chills. Poor Scott!!!

vCash

vCash
    Thank you to everybody that has provided links to videos, photos, etc. And to you Ioana for your reports. I'm going to contribute a bit too:

From Elena Ilinykh: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md...rap4o1_500.jpg
    Look at this handsome man: Scott at the banquet
    Look at this beautiful lady:Tessa at the banquet
    Press Conference pics: http://www.fskate.ru/photo/282/

vCash
    so much heart, passion and personality in this "Russian" Carmen! everything was magnificent! what a privilege to witness the progress of this work of art

vCash
    I watched the SC fd and the CoR FD back to back and I preferred the silhouette poses they had at SC better than CoR but preferred CoR version more. Looking forward to seeing this again even more refined at the GPF next month
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proustable View Post

I KNOW. People who've only seen the NBC coverage don't know what they're missing. Watch the last half of the B. Eurosport coverage. Their first words after the dance: "I'm amazed they could hear their music by the end." Easily one of the most electrifying moments in ice dance ever.
    I never watched their coverage before of the Olys. Hearing the crowd is great, I didn't realize it was that loud. But I also can't believe some of their comments. I watched this and the FD and they actuallly thought the FD would be second and was less difficult than D/W? Also the comment about the OD how the beginning was 'out of sync' or something. What!?! What are you watching? Normally I love listening to them and their opinions but this combined with their insistance that V/M have a new coach this season has me yelling at my computer.

vCash
    Heh, yeah, their comments are rather confusing at the Olympics. But then they tend to be sometimes.

I don't know how the assisted lift/kick that leads into the "and and we're insane" part of the dance, but it feels pretty awesome even when off. I hope they can nail it. Especially since it kickstarts the greatest section of the dance.

ETA: I find it intriguing that the dancers Nicky mentions are Moiseeva/Minenkov and the Duchesnays in his comments, as opposed to any others.
    Last edited by Proustable; 11-12-2012 at 02:54 AM.

vCash
    I don't watch Brit Eurosport version of Olys. Much prefer BBc with Robin Cousins who had Tess and Scott winning all the way. His comments about Mahler are especially strong

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sap5 View Post
    I hadn't seen it. Thank you. They seem really moved by the support they received from the Russian audience and fans. Before this they had only competed in Russia once, but I think it must be quickly becoming one of their favourite places to skate. That's good for Sochi. Way to go, guys!

vCash
    This is great. Tessa and Scott meet their russian fans http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csLss...layer_embedded

vCash
    This is great. Tessa and Scott meet their russian fans http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csLss...layer_embedded
    That was lovely. They looked so impressed! Great job, Russian fans!
    Thanks for posting.

Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast