Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Is anything available through YouTube yet? I am out of town and just popping in and out of the hotel room to check.

vCash
    And a major "what the hell?" to that judge who gave them a 0 for the rotational lift. Also, there are a bunch of twos for the diagonal step sequence but also a zero and a minus one? I mean, from 2 to minus one? The hell? For a DiSt to get a minus one there must have been a glaring mistake and I didn't see it. I like that the judges are harsher this season, but some are getting carried away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Is anything available through YouTube yet? I am out of town and just popping in and out of the hotel room to check.
    Here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeamHYQCRCE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    And a major "what the hell?" to that judge who gave them a 0 for the rotational lift. Also, there are a bunch of twos for the diagonal step sequence but also a zero and a minus one? I mean, from 2 to minus one? The hell? For a DiSt to get a minus one there must have been a glaring mistake and I didn't see it. I like that the judges are harsher this season, but some are getting carried away.

Clearly that judge needs to be brought up, he or she is in your face cheating & obviously does not like V&M. There is no instance in the known world that could make a judge give them a 0 or -1 so therefore that judge should be in serious trouble.

vCash
    I do note sarcasm, or at least I hope so. See, of course any top team could get -GOEs, even Virtue and Moir. I am just saying that whatever that judge saw in that diagonal step sequence that would merit a -1, I didn't see it. Same goes for the judge who didn't think much of the rotational lift. There are GOEs that do not reflect what you saw on the ice. However, I was not there and they, of course, notice more things than we do.

vCash
    Scott was just interviewed here in Canada on CBC & he said that they were very happy with the skate & they got a seasons best so they did improve the score from SC
    From what I saw while he was talking the skate looked great, they did not seem nervous either imo.

edit...there score was 103 so not sure how that is a seasons best when they got 104 at SC

Ok so they meant for the full score, not just the FD. That is how it was higher than SC lol
    Last edited by Lissa; 11-10-2012 at 07:30 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
    Scott was just interviewed here in Canada on CBC & he said that they were very happy with the skate & they got a seasons best so they did improve the score from SC
    From what I saw while he was talking the skate looked great, they did not seem nervous either imo.

edit...there score was 103 so not sure how that is a seasons best when they got 104 at SC
    Probably because they actually got seasons best for SD and total scores.

vCash
    The overall score was a season's best.

vCash
    I think that all the skaters at Skate America in the ice dance were over scored, not sure what happened there but the judges at that first grand prix seemed a little too light & eager to give out too high scores.

vCash
    Anyway, back to things that make sense. I love the twizzles, that might be my favorite element so far.

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    I think that all the skaters at Skate America in the ice dance were over scored, not sure what happened there but the judges at that first grand prix seemed a little too light & eager to give out too high scores.
    So I'm not the only one thinking the entire field at SA were overscored... When I've gone back through and looked at all of the protocols for all of the events, top to bottom, SA definitely seems to have been the most lenient/generous event so far.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aka_gerbil View Post
    So I'm not the only one thinking the entire field at SA were overscored... When I've gone back through and looked at all of the protocols for all of the events, top to bottom, SA definitely seems to have been the most lenient/generous event so far.

For sure, cannot imagine D&W & others getting those scores when they meet V&M, if so then something is off.

BTW any Eurosport coverage of the SD & FD yet?

vCash
    I just watched the FD and I didn't think it was possible, but I enjoyed it even more than at SC. There were definitely glitches in this performance though and they were behind the music at one point, but I was still expecting them to score higher.

Like everybody else I hope they learn to deal with their stress/nerves as the season progresses.

Ioana and Pani I hope you are having/had a great time!

vCash
    Great reaction from the Russian fans imo, they cheered them really well for Carmen!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    I just watched the FD and I didn't think it was possible, but I enjoyed it even more than at SC. There were definitely glitches in this performance though and they were behind the music at one point, but I was still expecting them to score higher.

Like everybody else I hope they learn to deal with their stress/nerves as the season progresses.

Ioana and Pani I hope you are having/had a great time!

Where are people seeing the nerves & stress cause I sure can't Also I thought they would score higher & if someone can be so kind as to tell me why I would greatly appreciate it. lol

vCash
    Lissa, believe me, they were nervous. At this morning's practice they basically froze mid-lift - under the judges' eyes - then couldn't seem to recover from the surprise and botched the whole finale. It took them several tries to get that combination lift right. That, coupled with the Russian fed pushing their own skaters like crazy (Volosozhar & Trankov's inflated score in pairs, for a disaster of a program, was horrifying), and their own self-inflicted pressure and expectations, could have been enough to screw everything up. Under these conditions, they skated well, but they know there's still a lot of work to be done.

vCash
    Where are people seeing the nerves & stress cause I sure can't Also I thought they would score higher & if someone can be so kind as to tell me why I would greatly appreciate it. lol
    IDK you can just tell I guess and they've been mentioning it a lot in interviews recently. Anyways I just saw that they actually scored better in the PCS here than at SC so I'm ok with the score now. Hopefully they can work out the technical glitches before the GFP...really want them to have that title.

you guys probably know me for this by now, but can somebody translate what the Italian and Russian commentators say after their performance?

Italian: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeamHYQCRCE
    Russian: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ36YcJ-VGM

Ioana did you go to the press con?

vCash
    I did. Recorded Tessa and Scott's interventions, I'm going to check if you can actually hear something. They used microphones this time! Just give me half hour or so...

vCash
    IDK you can just tell I guess and they've been mentioning it a lot in interviews recently. Anyways I just saw that they actually scored better in the PCS here than at SC so I'm ok with the score now. Hopefully they can work out the technical glitches before the GFP...really want them to have that title.

you guys probably know me for this by now, but can somebody translate what the Italian and Russian commentators say after their performance?

Italian: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeamHYQCRCE
    Russian: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ36YcJ-VGM

Thanks for these, now if we could just get some British Eurosport coverage I would be thrilled

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IoanaC View Post
    I did. Recorded Tessa and Scott's interventions, I'm going to check if you can actually hear something. They used microphones this time! Just give me half hour or so...
    Yes! Thank you. And Lissa I'm hoping frida will upload the British version.

Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast