Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Virtue and Moir #22 - To Russia with love

Here we go!

Thank you so much for the practice report, Ioana! i've read it 3 times, so excited! (((:

vCash
    Can't wait for this afternoon!

vCash
    THought I'd bring over practice report from IoanaC and link to pictures from marikat for the new thread.

They always take such great photos in Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by IoanaC View Post
    Tessa and Scott just had a fab practice. Practiced every move 2-3 times, the YP and the step sequence about 4 times in total, they were unstoppable. They changed the lift: the entrance is from last year's SD, the rest - the second lift from Funny Face. Twizzles impeccable. They looked like they owned the ice, although the "young lions" Elena and Nikita were quite aggressively marking their territory. Not necessarily in a bad way, but they were very "in your face". Tessa and Scott were very quiet and calm, every move was ample, every edge perfect. Can you tell I'm in awe? (I have to admit, though, that I cannot tell the polka steps one from the other, so, although they looked great, I've no idea if those damn key-points were met).
    And yes, Pani is right, there's the extra pressure of every official from the Russian fed. All smiles and friendliness, but who knows what realy happens behind the scenes? All the judges were here as well, I don't think I've ever seen so many at a practice.
    Fingers crossed for tonight, may they skate like they just did.
    Quote Originally Posted by marikat View Post
    Beautiful practice photos from yesterday http://lizabet236.gallery.ru/watch?a=FHz-jfpF

vCash
    Wow, those photos are terrific. What lovely lines they show in those practice togs. I love the new thread title..good choice.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Ioana talked about ample movements, that's what I love about the new SD. it marks a difference from other SD's that are very quick and perhaps frantic. also, i wish too that officials didn't show all this warmness, it doesnt sound good :-/ have a great time Ioana and Pani!

vCash
    IoanaC, what do you mean by marking their territory? Did they not move out of the way for other skaters when they were skating or something? Or were they doing A spins?

YEAH!
    vCash
    I heard that in the golden days the ice dancers used to purposefully whizz past each other at the highest speed and then stop just short of hitting the others or wait until the last minute to move. The purpose was to intimidate and show you were the most confident, I guess. I think it used to happen with A&P and FP&M, maybe G&P and K&O also.

vCash
    I think that was a lot better than SC.
    Have to see the individual marks. Dont think they had all their levels.
    Hope they get someone to bring all up to level 4.

vCash
    70.65 for Tessa and Scott
    I'm still not sold on their SD, but I'm super excited about their FD!
    I think I just don't like the concept of their SD. I think that they skate it amazingly, but it's not for me.
    Although their YP was great! On the second pattern, they almost reached the barriers on the other side of the rink because their lobe was so big!

vCash
    Definitely the class of the field.............so much better than SC. I love all the little details, hand movement, facial expression, not to mention the actual skating. Good for them...........now the levels, and they will be working on them to be sure.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    http://www.isuresults.com/results/gp..._SD_Scores.pdf
    Protocols are up! Tessa and Scott got hammered in the YP - only level 2 and 3
    Steps level 3 as well

vCash
    They will have their levels as time goes on . Better to move forward like that for them. Mark therefore were good without their levels.
    One step at a time. Cannot wait for tomorrow.

vCash
    I hope the video link will be posted asap, 'cause i wasn't able to watch! it must have been exquisite (:

vCash
    Their SD today looked much better than at SC. Glad they changed the lift. I'm loving this program and music and think it will be gorgeous by Canadians/Worlds. Hope they can get those YP levels up.

vCash
    http://tvonsite.org/index.php?kanal=sport2
    This should show live streaming tomorrow if you want to watch the FD live!

vCash
    SC:
    YP1 was a level 3 with GOE of 1
    YP2 was a level 2 with GOE of .79
    COR:
    YP1 was a level 2 with GOE of .93
    YP2 was a level 3 with GOE of .79
    So it seems this is something that still needs working. However, since SC their RoLi went from a level 1 to a level 4; their STw went from a 3 to a 4 and their NtMiSt went from 2 to 3 so that's three areas that they have levelled up. Still room for improvement in their GOE on each of the elements.
    PCS -- a slight increase from 37.37 to 37.5 and there seemed to be a wider spread between the upper and lower GOE given by the judges at COR compared to SC although Tessa & Scott did get a couple 10s today.

Personally, I'm not too worried now that I they have finished the SD (kinda hold my breath when they skate) and see there is still room for improvement in levels and GOE. Personally, I lurves this SD.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    So happy for them that they did so much better. Would love to have seen it, but tomorrow CBC carries FD

Happily succumbing to the FSU productivity virus.
    vCash

vCash
    any others Universal not available in my area? Thanks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by girlscouse62 View Post
    any others Universal not available in my area? Thanks
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WRxLrzbANs

Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast