vCash

Freeskate Equivalencies

I signed up for adult silver for a competition in February, but now I'm trying to figure out if I need to pass the adult bronze FS test in order to be able to skate up to that level or if I'm fine as is. According to the equivalency chart on the USFA website, as long as you passed preliminary FS, you can skate in adult bronze. Does that mean bronze is the cut-off, or would you be able to skate up to the next level in case you wanted to?
    http://www.usfsa.org/Content/Standar...ivalencies.pdf

Testing requirements would seem to suggest you still need to take the bronze test after preliminary, but this seems slightly contradictory.
    http://www.usfsa.org/content/2012-13...20eReaders.pdf (page 16)

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Your best bet is to contact either Gail (Adult Committee Chair) or your section chair. Contacts are here: http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?type=leadership&id=25040

Generally you can skate up a level in local comps. The compeittion chair would be the one to check with once you get your test requirements figured out.

vCash
    If this is for a nonqual competition, I think you will need to check the specific announcement for that event, or check with the LOC/chief referee, about their requirements for skating up.

Probably if Preliminary FS qualifies you to compete bronze and they allow people qualified to compete bronze to skate up in the silver event, then you should be covered. But if the announcement doesn't make that clear, it's probably best to check with them just to make sure.

Yes, adult rules are complicated!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gkelly View Post
    Probably if Preliminary FS qualifies you to compete bronze and they allow people qualified to compete bronze to skate up in the silver event, then you should be covered. But if the announcement doesn't make that clear, it's probably best to check with them just to make sure.
    Ah, this makes sense to me. Preliminary FS qualifies you for adult bronze per the announcement (rule 4590) and you are allowed to skate up one level for freeskating. On the plus sides, this means I would be able to afford a nicer place to stay while competing . I will double check with the LOC, just be safe, though.

Thank you and sk8er1964 -I always get quick answer to regulation questions on here!