Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

vCash

The Voice: Cut Week Begins -- Get out your rulebooks

Apparently, new rules. (At least, these weren't the rules I thought were being followed this season.)

Then, the Top 12 artists will be determined as two artists from each team will be sent home on “The Voice” Live Playoff Results Show, Thursday, November 8 (8-9 p.m. ET). In the first elimination show of the season, the two artists who receive the most viewer votes on each team from the previous nights’ Live Playoffs, will be saved and guaranteed a spot in the Monday, November 12 Live Show. Meanwhile, each coach is tasked with the difficult decision of choosing one more artist from the remaining three to move forward in the competition and perform in the next week’s Live Show, thereby eliminating the other artists.

From the press release at:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...mber-8/156318/

I thought that they weren't ensuring that some singers from each team were guaranteed to get through?

vCash
    I need one of you teckie people to find those links that you do for skating--The Voice is not being shown in my market. So, yes, I should be all Saints-ho!, but I neeeeds my weekly in-my-mind Blake/Adam bromance sexy time.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    especially since Blake scored big at the CMA awards. Really big. And Xtina is performing at the American Music Awards. The Voice is at least helping the mentors if it isn't helping the wannabes.

Matry, there is an online nbc feed somewhere because people use it to watch skating when the local market preempts.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    My cable is out again. I'll eventually see the show. If anyone wants to give a review, I'd be thrilled. You can describe the divas as 'catfight noise' and 'screeching nails on chalkboards'.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    does adam have a girl named jocelyn?she is singing give your heart a break. she sounds good in parts. bugt then she moves and she cant sing and move at the same time so it is weak in part. she has a fuchsia dress that should belong to me.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Our "live" feed doesn't start for 45 minutes, but if nobody's done it I'll try.

ETA: Never mind...mylittlepony to the rescue. Yee-haw!

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Jocelyn Rivera team Adam first singing some pop song. She has piink streaks in her hair. Blake liked it and thought she looked like a star. Xtina loves that she worked the stage (she took notes). CeeLo looking like a 70s reject with a curly afro and puffy white satin pirate shirt, also liked her. Adam's proud. I love that all the mentors are helpful to the singers and don't bash them. Listen up Simon, people are over the snipping.

Terry McDermot Scottish rocker up next. Singing Don't Stop Believing. Blake thinks he can make it current. If I was going to give him a classic rock song, I'd have picked something from Yes or Jethro Tull. Xtina says he's easy to listen to, Ceelo with a bling mirror admiring himself says he was effortless, Blake says he's making classic rock cool again. And says when God was passing out the ability to rock, he gave Terry a little bit more. I think Blake's cup is already half empty.
    Last edited by rfisher; 11-06-2012 at 01:39 AM.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    now christina milian is up in some "skybox" reminiscent of the long departed pulsations nightclub, did she always have my hair? i normally ignore her
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    herman's hermit who blake calls terry will do journey's dont stop believin, which i think of as a glee song now, but i'n neither here nor there
    he's 1 felt hat away from being a keebler elf, his hair is just weird
    he sounds really good but he's no lea michele on the big notes

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    cee lo is wearing a white sating outfit and wig a la prince

vCash
    YAY! Got it working! But I missed Terri and his 70s karaoke greatness
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Up next is Melanie Martinez aka skunkhair number 1 doing Ray Charles Hit the Road Jack. This could be interesting with her jazzy voice or it could be just weird. She has some breath contol issues and swallows some of the words.
    Blake: he's a fan; favorite thing is that she's not that interested in fitting in
    Xtina: started a little pitchy due to nerves, she's trying to be nice, but she's really not impressed
    Adam: she did what they discussed in rehersal and he's proud.

I do think she could have a successful Indie career.

vCash
    You go Cowardly Lion, hit that Wizard and get you that sass. If by sass, you mean channeling Lolita.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    heidi doody who they insist on calling melanie, hit the road jack
    i wonder how many enormous bows are in her collection?
    it's all very pleasant, i enjoyed her wk 1, but each wk it sounds the same and i get a little less interested

vCash
    Xtina was two seconds from a bless your heart moment. It felt like you were in the Disney version of a speakeasy.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    liz independence day - she's very good but i really hate this song, it's like listening to someone ramble on about something boring. her eyebrows are tweezed into tadpoles. they are too thin in the middle.

vCash
    I think Liz's nerves are getting to her--every few notes she just sings and she's good, but man, half the time she was way under the pitch. It's a shame, it was a good pick for her.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Liz Davis (who beat out Gracia) singing Martina's Independence Day. (I love Martina and this song can give you chills. I hope she does her proud). Her voice isn't as pure as Martina's but then most aren't.
    Xtina: loves her strong solid voice and thinks Blake is perfect for her
    CeeLo: wonderful performance. Made him proud to be an American cause he knows he's free? Does he not know this is about a woman who kills her abusive husband and burns down the house?

vCash
    OK getting caught up- Joselyn or Jocelyn kinda sucked I thought, not the worst I ever heard but ehhh. Terry is just amazing and could be cute with a normal haircut, but kind of a rough song choice IMO- I felt that his ability to rock out was severely handicapped...anyway he should make it through this round, no question.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i dont know what cassaddee is singing, it's very noisy. something something happy endings. i think her voice is better than the noisy song. she had pigeon feathers in her hair. i hope there arent any mites on them.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast