Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast
    vCash
    I keep checking this thread looking for actual information (not that I don't enjoy the other stuff too). The most recent status I can find is in this post re her 6th place finished at Tokyo block event:

She had a free program today and marked 76.33, finishing 6th overall with 115.56. There were a few skaters who were exempted from doing this game so her place would have been lower with them. I doubt she will finish top 6 at East Japan Sectional to qualify for Nationals.
    So, I take it this result qualifies her to move on to Sectionals. When is that held?

(I find I am secretly hoping she has a miracle skate there and *does* qualify for her Nationals, so this thread can be closed.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan M View Post
    So, I take it this result qualifies her to move on to Sectionals. When is that held?

(I find I am secretly hoping she has a miracle skate there and *does* qualify for her Nationals, so this thread can be closed.)
    That is my current understanding too. Although, I must admit it looks to be a huge stretch for her to go past Sectionals without some realiable triples now that she doesn't have the skills, the spins or the programs anymore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan M View Post

Yes, she has qualified for the East Japan Sectionals which will be held from November 2 to 4(Sr Ladies Short on 3rd and Free on 4th).
    Haruka Imai was going to do this competition but she was exempted because she was assigned to a GPS in China.
    Top 5 ladies(used to be 6 before Imai was exempted) in the East Japan Sectionals will qualify for Nationals.

By the way, this article is about Suguri going to host clubs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tkaug View Post
    By the way, this article is about Suguri going to host clubs.
    Oh dear, poor, poor Fumie - instead of retiring and finding a husband she's blowing all her salary on buying overpriced drinks from young men with overdone hair.

Seriously, it's not unusual for Japanese women to go to host bars these days, is it? It's not like Fumie got caught being a john for a gigolo

vCash
    She celebrates her friend's birthday on her blog saying,

My best friend is Birthday today

vCash
    Yes, she has qualified for the East Japan Sectionals which will be held from November 2 to 4(Sr Ladies Short on 3rd and Free on 4th).

Top 5 ladies(used to be 6 before Imai was exempted) in the East Japan Sectionals will qualify for Nationals.
    Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy competition .

vCash
    She celebrates her friend's birthday on her blog saying,

My best friend is Birthday today
    You really are obsessed.

vCash
    I predict that Fumie Suguri will finish in the top 5 at Sectionals and qualify for nationals.

vCash
    Go fumie!!! (Otherwise we need a third thread with the title "suguri fails to qualify for nationals for the 3rd time")

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8boyforlife View Post
    I predict that Fumie Suguri will finish in the top 5 at Sectionals and qualify for nationals.
    I predict Fumie won't qualify for nationals.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelvster View Post
    Go fumie!!! (Otherwise we need a third thread with the title "suguri fails to qualify for nationals for the 3rd time")
    Any attempts to bury this thread will be dealt with swiftly and drastically.

It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    This is the moment tkaug has waited for all year!!!

Fumie Suguri placed 9th in Easter Senior Ladies SP. 3flip</2toe, 3toe<, 2axel

Top 5 qualify so she's probably done.

HOWEVER! Suguri has beaten Ando who was 13th!!! Therefore Suguri > Ando.

If Ando doesn't manage to make up for lost ground in the FS and turn things around, I expect you to start a 'Miki Ando failed to qualify for Japanese Nationals WHILE LOSING TO FUMIE SUGURI' thread, tkaug.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Suguri has beaten Ando who was 13th!!!

Looking at Suguri's content and seeing Ando 4 places below - what did Ando land then?!

vCash

If Ando doesn't manage to make up for lost ground in the FS and turn things around, I expect you to start a 'Miki Ando failed to qualify for Japanese Nationals WHILE LOSING TO FUMIE SUGURI' thread, tkaug.
    Top 5 will be qualified for Natinals. The 5th skater, Risa Shoji scored 47.55 while Suguri's score is 46.41. So there is still a chance for Suguri, I guess. On the other hand, Ando's score is only 41.97, and it was obvious at Nebelhorn and Kanto regional that she lacked stamina to skate FS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by darya_russian View Post

Looking at Suguri's content and seeing Ando 4 places below - what did Ando land then?!
    For more info, see this post in the Japan Nationals qualifying thread in Kiss and Cry: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post4039811
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash

Yes--where are you, tkaug? You should be having a celebration!
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    So I take it that Miki is not looking good for an Olympic spot? On the NBC today they made it seem like she is a contender...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blondie12 View Post
    So I take it that Miki is not looking good for an Olympic spot? On the NBC today they made it seem like she is a contender...
    NBC have not been in touch with reality for a good 20 years now. Their perspective on reality is as fake as a bad reality TV show. They were using Shawn Johnson and Nastia Liukin to promote the 2012 Olympic gymnastics competition only a couple months before. They are also potraying Lysacek like he is the favorite for the mens gold in 2014. Prepare for commericals soon whether defending Champion Yu Na Kim, and the triple axel girl Mao Asada, can challenge the queen of the ice- Gracie Gold, who glitters with gold.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    NBC have not been in touch with reality for a good 20 years now. Their perspective on reality is as fake as a bad reality TV show.
    The problem is NBC doesn't hire seasoned figure skating reporters for their web reporting. For Sochi, they've hired complete newbies, freelance reporters who usually cover tennis and other pro sports. The articles on the nbcolympics website thus far have been thin in analytical depth.

vCash

I'll do it.

Suguri placed 11th overall and did not qualify for Nationals.

[Ando placed 2nd overall and qualified for Nationals.]

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast