Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

vCash
    The thread that just keeps on giving.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FunnyBut View Post
    Yes, but Ashley spoke out eloquently against the Olympic host's repressive regime on gay equality and looked really fierce and gorgeous while doing it. Gay Icon has less to do with what you put out on the ice.
    Sounds like some serious criteria

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PairSk8Fan View Post
    I simply do not understand her career at all at this point. Is she independently wealthy as to afford a life of following delusional dreams of grandeur in a manner similar to Zelda Fitzgerald? We know what happened to Zelda, dying in the insane asylum fire after being committed following multiple failed attempts to be a prima ballerina in her 30's.
    Quote Originally Posted by alchemy void View Post
    Fumie Suguri is Zelda Fitzgerald?!? Most randomly mad comparison evah!

What a great concept for her 2014-2015 LP!
    I think it's far more likely that one of the regular posters in this thread is Zelda Fitzgerald.

Still, maybe Suguri could do a program to the Zelda or Midnight in Paris soundtrack.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tkaug View Post
    Because she is old and still using her parents' money when they want her to quit, choreograhed by Lori Nichol, flying around too much to train, and she only marks 102.53 at a Canada's local game losing to unknown skaters. That's such a waste and she is not gonna get what she wants by keeping competing. I used to like her so don't wanna see her expose something like that.
    When I first set eyes on that Ms. Lori Nichol...only ONE word came to mind: ENABLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For the love of God, Ms. Nichol, let our princess have her adulthood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Is there a documented public quote that Suguri's parents want her to quit?
    Seriously. Don't you honestly feel that factual information will truly drag down this thread???

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    It's that time of the year again when I have to hold my breath and brace myself everytime I open this thread.
    Be strong child, do hold on. For we are all with you!!!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

En el trabajo en mi obra maestra, "Bodegón de rosas, las toronjas y el Planetario", que se llevará algún tiempo.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    When I first set eyes on that Ms. Lori Nichol...only ONE word came to mind: ENABLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For the love of God, Ms. Nichol, let our princess have her adulthood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Perhaps Sinéad O'Connor should write Fumie a letter?
    I can call the moon a pear, but it doesn't make it so. -- kwanfan1818

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    The thread that just keeps on giving.
    It's really interesting why tkaug is so emotionally invested in this.

I know! tkaug = Chika Suguri, jealous of Fumie's parents still funding her skating, whilst she had to skate one some crappy cruise ship for years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I know! tkaug = Chika Suguri, jealous of Fumie's parents still funding her skating, whilst she had to skate one some crappy cruise ship for years.

How about instead of Zelda Fitzgerald, Fumie's next LP could be themed "What Ever Happened to Baby Chika?" I can imagine it now:

Fumie: "You wouldn't be able to say these awful things to me if I weren't still competing."
    Chika: "But you *are*, Fumie! You *are* competing!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CantALoop View Post

How about instead of Zelda Fitzgerald, Fumie's next LP could be themed "What Ever Happened to Baby Chika?" I can imagine it now:

Fumie: "You wouldn't be able to say these awful things to me if I weren't still competing."
    Chika: "But you *are*, Fumie! You *are* competing!"
    Fumie: "IN MY MIND CHIKA, IN MY MIND!" Turns and runs screaming out of the room.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    This is a great thread since around November (or October as this might be last year she even makes it to Regionals) will be what happens every year for the next 12 years (atleast) to come. It can be resurrected annually and still be an accurate and no way misleading thread title. There is no way Fumie doesnt skate elite amateur until almost 50. The girl is delusional. She wants to chase her dreams of Olympic and World Golds, even if a clean long program from her couldnt beat a great short program by Yu Na Kim anymore.

vCash
    If I had tons of disposable income, I would totally fund an ice production of "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?" starring Fumie and Chika Suguri.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    How about Fumie skating to the Brady Bunch Theme?

Fumie: When I win Nationals, they'll have a big party for my comeback , full of flowers and banners!
    Chika (aka tkaug): Fumie! Fumie! Fumie! Its always all about Fumie!
    Last edited by FunnyBut; 10-09-2013 at 08:48 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FunnyBut View Post
    How about Fumie skating to the Brady Bunch Theme?

Fumie: When I win Nationals, they'll have a big party for my comeback , full of flowers and banners!
    Chika: Fumie! Fumie! Fumie! Its always all about Fumie!
    That is a good one. I laughed good at this one!

Another good one for her would be "To dream the impossible dream, to fight the unbeatable fight....."

vCash
    Poor Chika. She gave a birth to her first baby when FSU users were kidding her and her sister. CHika is a pretty much understandable person. Moreover, she's been successful as a TV commentator, got married with a handsome guy, and now has an adorable baby. She was not as successful as her sister was as a competitive skater. However, she seems happy enough with her life. I never think she envies Fumie in this quad. So I say tkaug is NOT Chika. He/She is someone else. Let Fumie/Chika/tkaug live their lives.

Congrats to Chika!
    From her blog entry on October 8th: http://stat.ameba.jp/user_images/201...2709730695.jpg
    Last edited by rosewood; 10-11-2013 at 12:20 AM.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Congratulations to Chika and her husband! Thank you so much for posting the news, rosewood
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Echoing congratulations to Chika! (also an apology for earlier )

Since our FSU production of What Ever Happened to Baby Jane has been shut down, how about if Fumie goes for a Sunset Boulevard themed program instead with Fumie playing Norma Desmond?

Her ending pose could be this: http://youtu.be/zIcC8YJrevQ?t=13s

"All right Mr. Cinquanta, I'm ready for my Olympic gold medal..."

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    If I had tons of disposable income, I would totally fund an ice production of "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?" starring Fumie and Chika Suguri.
    and if i had tons of disposable income, i would follow it from city to city wearing a blond wig with sausage curls carrying an enormous doll

can we get a kickstarter up in here?
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Thanks rosewood, for all the info on Chika, glad to hear she is doing so well!

I hope our Fumie/Chika comments were not offensive, we were really using them to poke fun at the troll.

I found this video of Chika explaining jumps, with giant posters of Fumie, Miki and Divakawa in the background
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ5d1...FA78A9&index=1
    Last edited by FunnyBut; 10-10-2013 at 01:56 PM.

vCash

vCash

Banned Member
    vCash
    Zelda Sayre Fitzgerald (July 24, 1900 – March 10, 1948), born Zelda Sayre in Montgomery, Alabama, was an American novelist and the wife of writer F. Scott Fitzgerald. She was an icon of the 1920s—dubbed by her husband "the first American Flapper." After the success of his first novel, This Side of Paradise (1920), the Fitzgeralds became celebrities.

The couple wed in New York on April 3, 1920, and later moved to Europe. While Scott received acclaim for The Great Gatsby and his short stories, and the couple socialized with literary luminaries like Ernest Hemingway, their marriage was a tangle of jealousy, resentment and acrimony. Scott used their relationship as material in his novels, even lifting snippets from Zelda's diary and assigning them to his fictional heroines. Seeking an artistic identity of her own, Zelda wrote magazine articles and short stories, and at 27 became obsessed with a career as a ballerina, practicing to exhaustion.

The strain of her tempestuous marriage, Scott's increasing alcoholism, and her growing instability presaged Zelda's admittance in 1930 to the Sheppard Pratt sanatorium in Towson, Maryland, where she was diagnosed with bipolar disorder.

By August 1943 she returned to the Highland Hospital. She worked on her novel while checking in and out of the hospital. She never really got better and never finished the novel. On the night of March 10, 1948, a fire broke out in the hospital kitchen. Zelda was locked into a room, awaiting electroshock therapy. The fire moved through the dumbwaiter shaft, spreading onto every floor. The fire escapes were wooden, and caught fire as well. Nine women, including Zelda, died.[84]

Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast