Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 400 of 581
  1. #381
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    11,176
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I don't know what to say to the fact that Suzuki had a seemingly rough skate so close to 4CCs... she didn't skate well at Nationals either.

  2. #382
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,463
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I don't know what to say to the fact that Suzuki had a seemingly rough skate so close to 4CCs... she didn't skate well at Nationals either.
    I'm anxious for her slump so close to the 4CC certainly, too, but I think that the player has participated to it with an easy feeling as if participating to the ice show or the exhibition, because the skating competition of the national skating festival of Japan is the isolated domestic event which isn't related to the Japan Nationals or the Worlds at all. Therefore, I think that we may not need to worry about her result in the case of this event, too. Or I would like to dare to think like that.
    Last edited by Akira Andrea; 02-05-2013 at 01:25 PM.

  3. #383

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    in the centre
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,556
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2426
    Quote Originally Posted by Akira Andrea View Post

    The results of the indibidual players
    1. Haruka Imai (Tokyo) =175.83 (SP=1, FS=1)
    2. Akiko Suzuki (Aichi) =158.17 (SP=2, FS=3)
    3. Satsuki Muramoto (Hyogo) =155.04 (SP=6, FS=2)
    4. Yuki Nishino (Tokyo) =149.69 (SP=3, FS=4)
    5. Shion Kokubu (Hokkaido) =133.05 (SP=7, FS=5)
    6. Kana Muramoto (Hyogo) =133.04 (SP=5, FS=7)
    7. Fumie Suguri (Kanagawa ) =132.74 (SP=4, FS=8)
    8. Haruka Hasegawa (Saitama) =124.13 (SP=9, FS=6)
    9. Yuka Kono (Hiroshima) =120.49 (SP=8, FS=11)
    10. Haruka Inoue (Kyoto) =118.25 (SP=10, FS=10)
    11. Hikari Nasuno (Nagano) =118.07 (SP=11, FS=9)
    12. Aki Sawada (Kyoto) =110.14 (SP=12, FS=12)
    13. Ayaka Ishii (Kanagawa) =100.78 (SP=15, FS=15)
    14. Risa Sasaki (Hokkaido) =99.66 (SP=22, FS=13)
    15. Yoshiko Tsubota (Hiroshima) =99.18 (SP=16, FS=18)
    16. Maiko Mitsuya (Aichi) =98.88 (SP=13, FS=19)
    17. Naoko Okuma (Okayama) =98.60 (SP=18, FS=14)
    18. Naoko Hama (Tottori) =98.36 (SP=17, FS=16)
    19. Kotoha Asami (Saitama) =97.43 (SP=21, FS=13)
    omitting the rest
    Suguri's result is not that bad!
    btw, I haven't seen anything inappropriate in her behaviour during the medal ceremony. maybe overall she's not that eville .

    one more thing - Aki Sawada didn't retire? colour me surprised!!!

  4. #384

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Getting drunk with Athos
    Posts
    5,008
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    33935
    Quote Originally Posted by shah View Post
    one more thing - Aki Sawada didn't retire? colour me surprised!!!
    I didn't even notice her name further down the standings. Thank you for pointing that out! We were just talking about her when we went over the selection process for the 2006 Olympics and her finishing 7th behind Ando...Had no idea she was still competing, but she is actually only 24, even though it feels like she's been around forever.
    Last edited by ioana; 02-05-2013 at 09:49 PM.

  5. #385

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lima
    Posts
    1,516
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    378
    Aki Sawada!!! Hard to believe she went to 4CC and made the Grand Prix not so long ago. Also what happened to Nana Takeda?

  6. #386
    Banned Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In my bedroom flipping the light on/off
    Posts
    916
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    ,
    Quote Originally Posted by shah View Post
    Suguri's result is not that bad!
    btw, I haven't seen anything inappropriate in her behaviour during the medal ceremony. maybe overall she's not that eville .

    one more thing - Aki Sawada didn't retire? colour me surprised!!!
    I know, and some say I am hard on poor Fumie, but she only placed 7th behind Haruka Imai, Akiko Suzuki, Satsuki Mura, Yuki Nishino, Shion Kokubu, and Kana Muramoto. Once she gets past these world class competitors, the Olympic gold is right there for the taking. If only a sponsor could give her two hundred thousand american dollars to support her gift.

    Poor Fumie....

  7. #387
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,463
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by shah View Post
    one more thing - Aki Sawada didn't retire? colour me surprised!!!
    Sawada Aki retired from the eligible skater at 2011 certainly, but it may not necessarily be required as the qualification for participating to the event to be the eligible skater of JSF or ISU, because the figure skating competition of the national sports festival of Japan is an isolated domestic event which is not the official event of JSF.

    There was her message in a blog of figure skating.
    At January 28th, 2013, Aki Sawada said, "Thank you very much for a lot of cheering. Thank you very much for coaching me, to the coach Takeshi Honda and the coach Mamiko Yamai. It is my second retirement today. I was glad to skate delightfully."
    Last edited by Akira Andrea; 02-07-2013 at 02:12 AM.

  8. #388
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    137
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Her interviews for the competition.

    http://www.facebook.com/note.php?not...32456280256907

  9. #389
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    London, Englandia.
    Age
    21
    Posts
    12,277
    vCash
    581
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tkaug View Post
    The victory celemony of the national competition they had last week.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDDUiV-XyLE

    Look at her behavior here in front of other younger skaters.
    There are some skaters she doesn't hug with or clap.
    This is so....

  10. #390
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    633
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Forrest View Post
    ,

    I know, and some say I am hard on poor Fumie, but she only placed 7th behind Haruka Imai, Akiko Suzuki, Satsuki Mura, Yuki Nishino, Shion Kokubu, and Kana Muramoto. Once she gets past these world class competitors, the Olympic gold is right there for the taking. If only a sponsor could give her two hundred thousand american dollars to support her gift.

    Poor Fumie....

    LMFAO!!!!!!

  11. #391
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    137
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    5. To be entered into and participate in the Olympic Winter Games a Competitor/Couple must have reached in an ISU recognized International Competition (as per Article 38, paragraph 7 and Rule 107, paragraphs 1 to 9) during the ongoing or immediately preceding season the applicable minimum Total Technical Score (points) established for the ISU Championships (see Rule 378, paragraph 3).

    Is she aware of the rule above?
    Since she didn't even qualify for the nationals, she is most likely not sent to any international competition next season, so the door for her to make the Olympic team is literally shut down already.

  12. #392
    I <3 Kozuka
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Vancouver/Seattle
    Posts
    19,188
    vCash
    730
    Rep Power
    43796
    Not necessarily. If the ISU allows skaters to be comeback skaters, guaranteed two GP's if they've been in the Top 6 of any World Championship in the last decade, regardless of whether they've competed in subsequent seasons -- like Weir, this year -- including World Championships -- unlike Weir this year -- then Suguri would be entitled to two GP's, were the Japanese Federation to submit her name for GP consideration.

    All of this is assuming that they have minimum TES for the Olympics. Yes, it is written in Rule 378 paragraph 3, but it was also written in the Rules that there would be no minimum score for Jr. Worlds, and the ISU invoked their "We can change it without approval of the voting members whenever we want to" clause when they released the minimum TES for the year. The ISU could change this, because they need to field a specific number of skaters in each event, and they already have a process for that: X spots for each discipline at prior Worlds, and total field-X spots (unless the host doesn't qualify any) at the Olympic qualifier.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

  13. #393
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,463
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tkaug View Post
    The victory celemony of the national competition they had last week.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDDUiV-XyLE
    Quote Originally Posted by Akira Andrea View Post
    The results of the indibidual players
    1. Haruka Imai (Tokyo) =175.83 (SP=1, FS=1)
    2. Akiko Suzuki (Aichi) =158.17 (SP=2, FS=3)
    3. Satsuki Muramoto (Hyogo) =155.04 (SP=6, FS=2)
    4. Yuki Nishino (Tokyo) =149.69 (SP=3, FS=4)
    5. Shion Kokubu (Hokkaido) =133.05 (SP=7, FS=5)
    6. Kana Muramoto (Hyogo) =133.04 (SP=5, FS=7)
    7. Fumie Suguri (Kanagawa ) =132.74 (SP=4, FS=8)
    8. Haruka Hasegawa (Saitama) =124.13 (SP=9, FS=6)
    9. Yuka Kono (Hiroshima) =120.49 (SP=8, FS=11)
    10. Haruka Inoue (Kyoto) =118.25 (SP=10, FS=10)
    11. Hikari Nasuno (Nagano) =118.07 (SP=11, FS=9)
    12. Aki Sawada (Kyoto) =110.14 (SP=12, FS=12)
    13. Ayaka Ishii (Kanagawa) =100.78 (SP=15, FS=15)
    14. Risa Sasaki (Hokkaido) =99.66 (SP=22, FS=13)
    15. Yoshiko Tsubota (Hiroshima) =99.18 (SP=16, FS=18)
    16. Maiko Mitsuya (Aichi) =98.88 (SP=13, FS=19)
    17. Naoko Okuma (Okayama) =98.60 (SP=18, FS=14)
    18. Naoko Hama (Tottori) =98.36 (SP=17, FS=16)
    19. Kotoha Asami (Saitama) =97.43 (SP=21, FS=13)
    omitting the rest
    Attention please!
    This event is not the Japan Nationals but 'the figure skating event in the national sports festival of Japan' which is not the official competition of Japan Skating Federation. It's Olympics-like event in Japan domestic. Of course, it is not 'the qualifying competition for Japan Nationals' which is the theme of this thread, too.

    Therefore, the place in this event is unrelated to 'the Japan Representative to the Worlds' in any meaning.
    Last edited by Akira Andrea; 02-13-2013 at 12:45 PM.

  14. #394
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    In an ideal world
    Posts
    2,954
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I hope this thread gets closed, because it is not just about Fumie anymore and most discussion and competitive results should go to other appropriate threads, like Japanese skater/skating news & updates.

  15. #395
    Argle-Bargle-ist
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Age
    50
    Posts
    8,564
    vCash
    875
    Rep Power
    76283
    Quote Originally Posted by midori View Post
    I hope this thread gets closed, because it is not just about Fumie anymore and most discussion and competitive results should go to other appropriate threads, like Japanese skater/skating news & updates.
    (stop poking the trolls...and back away...slowly...)

    (shhhhhh......)
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

  16. #396
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    137
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Not necessarily. If the ISU allows skaters to be comeback skaters, guaranteed two GP's if they've been in the Top 6 of any World Championship in the last decade, regardless of whether they've competed in subsequent seasons -- like Weir, this year -- including World Championships -- unlike Weir this year -- then Suguri would be entitled to two GP's, were the Japanese Federation to submit her name for GP consideration.
    She is not a comeback skater, she was just not sent to any international games for a while because of a lack of capability, so I'm not sure if it is the case for her that she will be guaranteed 2 GP entries for the next season.

  17. #397
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    633
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    she still may have the triple lutz but the rest of the skating skills have declined so sharply that she really is no longer world class to be invited to a GP.. maybe someone can invite her to dinner or something...

  18. #398
    I <3 Kozuka
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Vancouver/Seattle
    Posts
    19,188
    vCash
    730
    Rep Power
    43796
    Quote Originally Posted by tkaug View Post
    She is not a comeback skater, she was just not sent to any international games for a while because of a lack of capability, so I'm not sure if it is the case for her that she will be guaranteed 2 GP entries for the next season.
    That might be your view, but it may not be the ISU's.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

  19. #399
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    11,176
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    That might be your view, but it may not be the ISU's.
    Plus, if by some miracle she has fantastic results at domestic summer competitions, she may become a last minute entry to some minor internationals - and if she wins / medals at those, she may suddenly get a host pick at NHK or some other internationals where she will have more chances to get those minimum scores. Then if she gets a bye to Nationals due to conflicting schedule or qualifies for Nationals, then she will have a legit chance for a Sochi spot just like other Japanese ladies who have reached minimum scores.

    Worse comes to worst, if she makes top three at Nationals (against all odds) but hasn't achieved a minimum score, JPN Fed, if it wants, can always send her out to some small European competition in Europe in January to earn them.

    And those are some very big IFs.

  20. #400
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Two-foot skating = BAD
    Posts
    20,464
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Yeah Marco and the next Pope will be a black woman.

    (Called Lashiniqua )

Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •