Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    That is going to be a very useful link
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    She had a press conference after the Olympics in 2010 saying she needed 20 million yen a year for the training and that she would retire if she couldn't find a sponsor.
    Although I don't know how much they actually paid, she has found a company who would sponsor her until the next Olympics in 2014. They ended the contract in 2 years instead of 4. I'm really curious how she spent and wonder if a skater at her level really needs that much money to train. Even with that money, she didn't even qualify for the nationals. I just can't imagine she will find someone who would sponsor what she is now.
    Last edited by tkaug; 01-31-2013 at 02:22 AM.

vCash
    According to today's currency converter, that's $219,891.64 a year.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tkaug View Post
    She had a press conference after the Olympics in 2010 saying she needed 20 million yen a year for the training and that she would retire if she couldn't find a sponsor.
    Although I don't know how much they actually paid, she has found a company who would sponsor her until the next Olympics in 2014. They ended the contract in 2 years instead of 4. I'm really curious how she spent and wonder if a skater at her level really needs that much money to train. Even with that money, she didn't even qualify for the nationals. I just can't imagine she will find someone who would sponsor what she is now.
    She doesn't need that money much. She was also talking about how expensive it is to rent a private ice time. I am sorry but you don't need to rent a private ice to practice. you can practice with other skaters on the ice. She is just spoiled and delusional.

vCash
    Oh but it's so fun! Trying hard to convince yourself that there are people out there (ie. Suguri) who are even more miserable than you. No, I am not the biggest loser, look at Suguri!

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    She is just spoiled and delusional.
    Truest thing I've read all year. Poor Fumie...

vCash
    She doesn't need that money much. She was also talking about how expensive it is to rent a private ice time. I am sorry but you don't need to rent a private ice to practice. you can practice with other skaters on the ice.
    That's true for daily practice, but it's not uncommon for high-ranked skaters to have several hours of private ice time for choreography. It's a lot easier to work on placing elements and figure out ice coverage when you're not constantly stopping to make way for other skaters who have the right of way during a session, either for a run-through or during lessons of their own. And then depending on far apart you and your choreographer live, a program might just need to get done in a few days, so you would need private ice time. Private ice is around $400-$500/hour where I live in the US. Just pointing out private ice is sometimes a reasonable and necessary expense...Did Fumie say she only wants to train on private ice, or did she mention it as an additional expense on top of regular FS sessions?

Having said all that, I do agree $200,000 a year is a lot, though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ioana View Post
    That's true for daily practice, but it's not uncommon for high-ranked skaters to have several hours of private ice time for choreography. It's a lot easier to work on placing elements and figure out ice coverage when you're not constantly stopping to make way for other skaters who have the right of way during a session, either for a run-through or during lessons of their own. And then depending on far apart you and your choreographer live, a program might just need to get done in a few days, so you would need private ice time. Private ice is around $400-$500/hour where I live in the US. Just pointing out private ice is sometimes a reasonable and necessary expense...Did Fumie say she only wants to train on private ice, or did she mention it as an additional expense on top of regular FS sessions?

Having said all that, I do agree $200,000 a year is a lot, though.
    The fact is she is no longer a high ranked skater. She didn't even qualify for the national. She wasn't talking about having a private ice to work with a choreographer. She was talking about having it for every day practice therefore she would need a sponsor.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Forrest View Post
    Truest thing I've read all year. Poor Fumie...
    Poor, poor, poor Fumie.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    She had a press conference after the Olympics in 2010 saying she needed 20 million yen a year for the training.
    What the £¥¢& is she doing with that kind of money?!? Any sponsor willing to give her that would be nuts...no offense, Fumie. But really, there are top-level skaters who can't get anything close to that!

vCash
    Poor, poor, poor Fumie.
    Poooooooooooooooooooooooooor Fumie.

vCash
    She would be so good in the adult division.

vCash
    The protocols are available now.

http://www.jsfresults.com/National/2...ival/index.htm

Short Program
    3Lz e
    3T+2T
    LSp3
    2A
    FCSp2
    StSq3
    CCoSp3

Free Skating
    3Lz<< e
    3T
    2S
    FCoSp3
    CCSp3
    2F+2T
    2Lz e
    1A
    2A
    StSq2
    ChSq1
    CCoSp3

vCash
    The fact is she is no longer a high ranked skater. She didn't even qualify for the national.
    Not making it to Nationals last year doesn't mean she couldn't get back this season. Her technical content in the short was actually very reasonable -and that overall score would have placed her 7th after the short at this year's Nationals. Her choreography is a disaster area for now and she definitely needs a lot of help with that. I would think a midpack skater in a strong country like Japan would still qualify as high-ranked.

She wasn't talking about having a private ice to work with a choreographer. She was talking about having it for every day practice therefore she would need a sponsor.
    That is unreasonable. Akiko trains on a few busy freestyle sessions every day, so you'd think Fumie could do the same. It would make a lot more sense to ask for something like $50,000 in sponsorship money instead of the current astronomical amount.
    Last edited by ioana; 01-31-2013 at 04:32 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIronLady View Post
    LMFAO!!! WORK!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIronLady View Post
    Biggest put down of the thread so far. ;P

vCash
    I would love someone to sponsor me to skate. Hey it would be even better if they sponsored me to live in the style I could quickly become accustomed to having.

And no-one needs whole rink to themselves to do choreography. Having the coach holding the tape player works just as well.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    She doesn't need that money much. She was also talking about how expensive it is to rent a private ice time. I am sorry but you don't need to rent a private ice to practice. you can practice with other skaters on the ice. She is just spoiled and delusional.
    The fact is she is no longer a high ranked skater. She didn't even qualify for the national. She wasn't talking about having a private ice to work with a choreographer. She was talking about having it for every day practice therefore she would need a sponsor.
    Is there a link about all of this or are people just trying to remember an announcement from three years ago?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    Is there a link about all of this or are people just trying to remember an announcement from three years ago?
    http://www.nikkansports.com/ajaxlib/...11-604997.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    http://news.goo.ne.jp/article/nikkan...0127-0022.html

Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast