vCash

A question about Outside Skating.

Ok...this question just ecurd (sorry for my misspelling) to me,a I know that I've at least seen Synchronized Skaters do it...That is...
    Does anyone know how Skaters, when doing a performence outside on a frozen Pond for ex. are able to skate the way they are...and make sure at the same time (if they can and do that is),that they will not get sick from not being Dressed right? As I would think that even Skaters like that could get sick..if not Dressed appropritely. Does anyone have any idea? Thanks.

vCash
    If you are skating outside, you usually dress as warmly as you need to, with coats, pants, hats, whatever. If you are doing a program or something where you need to wear a costume that you will get cold in, you wear your warm clothes for as long as you can, take them off for when you have to perform, and then put them back on right afterwards.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    I have a story.

In about 1986 I did a guest instructor appearance in an episode of Kids Vid (a children's cable tv show back then), in which I had to demonstrate the basics of skating to the show's super hero character "Crab Man" (ocean conservation thing...), at an outdoor rink in Washington DC. This Crab Man guy was outside for over an hour in 20-something degree weather, with snow falling, to tape this thing in nothing but the standard super hero costume of tights and a cape. Well, they had to take him away in an ambulance due to hypothermia.

I'm like, geesh! What people will do for television! I myself was dressed in a ski outfit, because there is no way I was going to freeze out there. (Unfortunately, my ex husband decided to tape over my copy of the show - what a jerk!)

vCash
    Back in the 70-ties it was "normal" to compete at the outdoor arenas.
    Even during 76 Olympics some practices were on the outdoor rinks.