vCash

Warsaw Cup 2012, 14-18.11

Wheeeeeee! Tons of entries in all of the categories!

Sadly "only" 48 and not 68 (record so far) Novice Girls this time.

Fleur Maxwell and Misha Ge, yeeeah! Can't wait!

Time Schedule
    Entry List

vCash
    thanks for the info; nice to see drescher and hoffmann on the entries. i preferred them so much above hecken in juniors.

vCash
    Is there a results page?

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandra_persch View Post
    Thanks, sandra!

vCash
    Interesting, I see that Kim Cheremsky competed for Israel in Novice Ladies. She was 6th in Novice Ladies at North Atlantic Regionals in the U.S. last month (representing SC of New York). I'm guessing Andrea Davidovich may be Anya Davidovich who also competed in Novice Ladies in North Atlantics (as an Individual Member) but was listed as representing Israel at some non-qualifying competitions in the U.S.

vCash
    There is a You Tube channel where all the performances are being uploaded!
    http://www.youtube.com/warsawcup2012

I'd recommend everybody to watch:

William Moriggi SP - This is just something else. He's a total ROCKSTAR!

Denis Vassiljevs SP - That guy is just incredibly expressive. One in a million talent. Landed 3toe/3toe but got zero points for it as Novices have to do 3/2 combos. :/ Feel a couple of times in both programs but sold them beautifully regardless. He's using his whole body even better than Takahashi. Love him to bits!

Fleur Maxwell SP - First clean performance jumping-wise in ages! Her posture and lines are just stunning. Shame the choreo is so crap.

Isabelle Olsson SP - The flight attendant program is just fabulous. So perky, very busy upper body choreography and quite a lot of connecting footwork too. Another strong skate for her. Swedish Nats will be a bloodbath.

Inga Januleviciute SP - Not particularly exciting and very poor basics but Lithuania has a young skater with a 3lutz and 3flip!

Maciej Cieplucha SP - When I saw his score, I thought that the organisers asked the judges to overmark him so he could make the TES minimum. But wow, this is an excellent, inspired performance. Great attention to detail, sold really well!

Misha Ge SP - I don't like this program for him. Steps are wild and crazy but rest is just dull. He's lovely but he really needs to master than triple axel.

Good for 'Nigger Pussies' Majorov to skate clean but .

vCash
    Thanks, Ziggy, for letting us know about the youtube videos. I liked Cieplucha's skate and am glad he now has the required TES short program score for worlds. But I was wondering about the pairs team of Klatka / Chruscinski. We have not seen them yet this season. Do you know if one of them is injured or if they have split?

vCash
    Isbelle Olsson rocks. So many competions ove 50 points. Such a shame that Sweden missed 3 places at Euros by 1 point. Now we has to decide between Joshi Helgesson and Isabelle. That will be a close matchup at nationals. Sweden now has 3 ladies with minimum scores to worlds!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayana_mnk View Post
    Thanks, Ziggy, for letting us know about the youtube videos. I liked Cieplucha's skate and am glad he now has the required TES short program score for worlds. But I was wondering about the pairs team of Klatka / Chruscinski. We have not seen them yet this season. Do you know if one of them is injured or if they have split?
    I'm afraid I don't have any news at the moment but I'll try to find out. IIRC, she has struggled with a serious injury last season so maybe they had to call it quits. :/

Quote Originally Posted by servin View Post
    Isbelle Olsson rocks. So many competions ove 50 points. Such a shame that Sweden missed 3 places at Euros by 1 point. Now we has to dec ide between Joshi Helgesson and Isabelle. That will be a close matchup at nationals. Sweden now has 3 ladies with minimum scores to worlds!
    Yeah she used to really struggled with nerves in the past but this season she's finally delivering. Good for her!

vCash
    The Youtube clips are of incredible quality, both image and sound! How do they achieve that?

vCash
    Isabelle Olsson wins! Great season for her so far. Boring but solid and reliable Popova second. Three triples and two axels pull Hoffman up to third and Fleur loses a medal after underrotations and getting zero points for two non jump elements. :/ Januleviciute lands flip and lutz again. One to watch out for. Another disaster for Candice Didier. I guess it's the final nail in the coffin for her, as far as French Fed goes.

Majorov and Ge top the podium after pretty decent performances it seems. Cieplucha finally went for a 3axel but << and fall. He manages to hang on to the podium but misses the Worlds minimum score by some way. He would have got it had he done the 3/3 combo and not doubled the 3lutz. :/

In Pairs great performances from Tarasova/Morozov with sbs 3salchow in both programs and sbs 3toe...2toe in the FS as well. Fedorova/Miroshkin great in Juniors and Prolss/Blommaert doing really well for such a new team too.

Quote Originally Posted by YoenNL View Post
    The Youtube clips are of incredible quality, both image and sound! How do they achieve that?
    They simply upload the recordings made for the judges and the technical panel, I think.
    Last edited by Ziggy; 11-18-2012 at 05:49 PM.

vCash
    I've just seen Candice Didier's free...omfg, the most depressing Carmen evah!