Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Really, I don't really care. But I admit that I prefer to see the boots !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Then, my dear, it is called sk8tape. And boot polish.
    It's taped all over and does not look nicer than boot cover.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Then, my dear, it is called sk8tape. And boot polish.
    Skate tape looks even worse than wearing over the boots tights or boots covers. At some stage it starts peeling and it is like if a snake sheds his skin! Disgusting! And boot polish? You must have black boots then, because with white boots or beige boots the boot polish won't cover the cut marks. The cut marks are dark brown and stand out even on polished boots. One would have to buy a white paint and paint it over. But if you do that, the boots will look even worse as soon as the pain start rubbing off.

vCash
    I am on board with this. I HATE OTBT!!! They make the skater's ankles look huge and I find it very distracting. While we are banning things, can we ban boot decals as well? Madison Chock and Piper Gilles may have personal reasons for wearing hearts on their boots but again, I find it distracting and sort of "junior high".

vCash
    I don't like OTBT much, but I have to say anything is preferable to noticeably dirty boots.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    I hate hate hate over-the-boot-tights!!! They cheapen the look of the skater.

Clean white boots are the only way to go. Tan are exceptable also.

vCash
    I agree, I hate OTBT.

I've never gotten the notion that it elongates the line. If anything it breaks the line and is distracting. Some of these girls look like they have big deformed ankles and that's all I can focus on.

Nice white boots are the way to go. I don't mind light tan. Just not that darker color that Savchenko had been wearing. Those just looked dirty.

vCash
    I don't like them either. I will join your campaign.

vCash
    I don't get all of the passion about this issue, I don't even usually notice them. It's just not something I pay attention to. I try to pay attention to, you know, the skating.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RFOS View Post
    I don't get all of the passion about this issue, I don't even usually notice them. It's just not something I pay attention to. I try to pay attention to, you know, the skating.
    That's the problem. Sometimes the over the boot tights are so distracting it's hard to see the skating.

vCash
    I did admire Pasha's lilac boots though .Only she could get away with those

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A.H.Black View Post
    Sometimes the over the boot tights are so distracting it's hard to see the skating.
    Seriously?

vCash
    I'm in! I'm in! Where do I sign.......

They are just horrid. I thought when they put Alissa's tights into her boots it really enhanced her line.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    How boring is the skating that you get distracted by over the boot tights? I understand not liking the look, but the venom toward them is over the top. Honestly, it is much easier if you have scuffed boots. You can't always make them look presentable, especially if it's the end of the season, and one close landing on the the practice the day of the competition is enough to dirty them again. I really don't care all that much, as long as they're neat and hole free.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RFOS View Post
    From a judging point of view, they tend to enhance the lack of leg line and poor ankle flexion in skaters. If you want to draw attention to yourself when those aspects of a skater are poor, then wear OTBTs because they make them stand out even more.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Y'all are nuts. OTBTs are
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    I think OTBTs are okay on people with small feet but on people like me with large feet they just make their feet look huge
    I want to thank you Lord for being with me so far this day. With your help, I have not been inpatient, lost my temper been grumpy or envious of anyone. But I will be getting out of bed in a minute and I think I will really need your help then. Amen

vCash
    Sign me up. I also hate the look of OTBT.

Only white boots, and please, without painting the boot edges and heels white.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasJohnDoe View Post
    I hate hate hate over-the-boot-tights!!! They cheapen the look of the skater.
    I agree! There's something about them that scream "Junior".

vCash
    While I agree that in the boot tights look better, my DD skates bare foot and uses the feeling of her toes in certain positions in the boot when jumping. For that reason she does wear tights that partially cover her boot, which I know many of you also hate lol. I prefer she skate well and be comfortable though. Perhaps many of the other women wearing OTBT do so for the same reasons. To each his or her own. The skating is what really matters.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast