Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast
    Recovering from the Olys
    vCash

2013 U.S. Sectionals (Eastern/Midwestern/Pacific Coast), November 8-13, 2012

EASTERNS (Nov. 8-12 in Hyannis, Massachusetts) event site: http://yarmouthiceclub.org/competitions/2013-easterns
    Official starting orders, Juvenile through Senior, were published online on November 3rd as a zip file of PDF documents, and I've typed them out by level on the Sectionals page of my blog (includes fall international & Regional qualifying scores for all singles skaters in the 3 Sectionals): http://unseenskaters.wordpress.com/sectionals/

MIDWESTERNS (Nov. 9-13 in Strongsville, Ohio) event site: http://www.clevelandskating.com/even...-championships

PACIFIC COASTS (Nov. 9-13 in Provo, Utah) event site: http://www.peaksfsc.org/pacific-coast-sectionals.html

IceNetwork plans to provide some live streaming to Season Pass subscribers - link to press release: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    (The press release mentions "simultaneous live coverage of all three sectional championships on Sunday, Nov. 11, and Monday, Nov. 12" - Mids and Pacs both end on Tuesday, Nov. 13.)
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    I've included all the skaters currently known to be competing at Sectionals who are listed in USFS' 2012-13 International Selection Pool and bolded the names of those who have competed internationally this fall (Senior or Junior Grand Prix or Senior B).

EASTERNS SENIOR:
    Samantha Cesario, Yasmin Siraj, Jenelle Herman;
    Stephen Carriere, Harrison Choate, Timothy Dolensky, Grant Hochstein;
    Zhang/Bartholomay (pairs);
    A. Cannuscio/McManus (dance).
    JUNIOR:
    Jay Yostanto, James Schetelich;
    Oltmanns/Santillan, Belt/Johnson, Goldberg/Dolkiewicz (pairs);
    Parsons/Parsons, McNamara/Carpenter, Pogrebinsky/Gudis, Miller/MacMillan (dance).

MIDWESTERNS SENIOR:
    Kiri Baga, Ashley Cain, Nina Jiang;
    Max Aaron, Brandon Mroz, Alexander Johnson;
    Scimeca/Knierim (pairs).
    JUNIOR:
    Barbie Long, Mariah Bell;
    Lukas Kaugars, Jordan Moeller, Troy Tomasello;
    Aaron/Settlage; de la Mora/Wilson (pairs);
    Hawayek/Baker, Moore/Klaber, Rosinski/Jaffe (dance).
    NOVICE:
    Zaitsev/Stevens (this JGP pair team is reportedly staying Novice this season).

PACIFIC COASTS SENIOR:
    Courtney Hicks, Vanessa Lam;
    Keegan Messing, Jonathan Cassar, Scott Dyer, Philip Warren.
    JUNIOR:
    Polina Edmunds, Gwendolyn Prescott;
    Nathan Chen, Shotaro Omori, Spencer Howe;
    Calalang/Sidhu, Pfund/Reiss (pairs);
    Heritage/Fast (dance).

ETA link to all currently known Senior and Junior skaters/teams with byes to Nationals: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3735782

Some of the competitive events look to be (2012 Nationals Sr./Jr./Nov. placements included below):

Senior Men at Pacifics: Messing S7, Dyer S10, Cassar S11, Warren J3, Sean Rabbitt, Andrew Gonzales
    Senior Men at Easterns: Carriere S6, Hochstein S12, Wesley Campbell S17, Dolensky J2, Choate J4
    Senior Ladies at Mids: Baga S10, Jiang S11, Cain J2, Becky Bereswill, Carly Gold, Chelsea Christopher...
    Senior Ladies at Easterns: Cesario, Joelle Forte S14, Siraj S15, Haley Dunne S16, Lauren Dinh...
    Last edited by Sylvia; 11-06-2012 at 10:09 PM.

vCash
    Thank you for compiling all the scores, Sylvia. I might go to Hyannis on Sunday, as long as I get enough done at work the rest of the week. Anyone else planning on going?

vCash
    Eastern Sectionals starting orders and results are here- http://www.usfigureskating.org/leade...7/results.html

Goldberg/Dolkiewicz are listed as WD from junior pairs so it looks like their season is over.

Very competitive senior men field with Choate, Raad, Aiken, Savary, Dolensky, Campbell, Hochstein, Carriere, and Chau. Yowza!

Senior pairs registered are Zhang/Bartholomay and Kayne/O'Shea.

Jay Yostanto is registered here in junior men.

vCash
    F Y I. Only Sunday and Monday will be live for eastern sectionals on Icenetwork.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Press release about IceNetwork's partial live coverage: http://www.usfigureskating.org/Story...638&type=media
    Icenetwork.com live streaming schedule (ET, subject to change)

Sunday Nov. 11
    9:25 a.m.-11:15 p.m.

Monday, Nov. 12
    10 a.m.-11 p.m.
    Midwestern and Pacific Coast Sectionals both end on Tuesday, Nov. 13.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Press release about IceNetwork's partial live coverage: http://www.usfigureskating.org/Story...638&type=media

Midwestern and Pacific Coast Sectionals both end on Tuesday, Nov. 13.
    IceNetwork is getting like the big TV networks...everything revolves around the East Coast.

That is the price we pay for living in paradise!
    Happy Skating!

Crzesk8dad

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Midwesterns starting orders/results: http://www.usfigureskating.org/leade...8/results.html

Pacific Coasts starting orders/results: http://www.usfigureskating.org/leade...9/results.html

vCash
    Whatever happened to the Phams? Did they quit?
    The Junior Grand Prix: Where skaters who "come out of nowhere" come from.

Title-less
    vCash
    Jr men at Eastern Sectional has begun http://www.usfigureskating.org/leade...008SEG013.html

Title-less
    vCash
    Icenetwork says they will be rotating between the three sectionals. I hope for tomorrow, they will show MW junior ladies, Eastern senior men, Midwestern senior men, Pacific Coast junior men and the senior ladies in the other two divisions. And if there's time conflict, darn it, simultaneous live coverage for fans who don't wanna miss Nathan, Kiri, Semantha, Vincent Zhou and all the others! Can't Icenetwork be more understanding of eager fans like me?

Title-less
    vCash
    According to Pacific Coast's roster, Kevin Shum withdrew from Novice men competition. Now there're twelve men left. Does that mean there were originally 13 men or was one of the 12 a replacement for Kevin?

Title-less
    vCash
    Midwestern jr ladies short going on now. eta: This is going to be a tough one to qualify out of with Long and Bell in the comp.

Amber Glenn just finished. I didn't see a mistake though I must say I'm only half awake and I missed the first 30 seconds or so. Score: 49.28.

ETA: Anjing Fu fell on the flip and did the 3 sal/2t (could use more height and ooomph)

eta: Avery Kurtz did a 3 lutz/2t and a flip. Hard to tell if they were rotated. My suspicion is they were a tad short. Not a good landing on 2A. 42.07

ETA: Barbie Long rocked the Pink Panther! Not sure if the 3 lutz/3t were rotated but this should lead by a mile . Score 51.99
    Last edited by jlai; 11-11-2012 at 03:07 PM.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlai View Post
    According to Pacific Coast's roster, Kevin Shum withdrew from Novice men competition. Now there're twelve men left. Does that mean there were originally 13 men or was one of the 12 a replacement for Kevin?
    There were originally 12 Novice men registered and 11 competed in the SP yesterday. 6 are from SWP and all had advanced to Coasts due to the fill up rule. The other 5 elected not to skate at CP or NWP Regionals due to 4 or fewer registered. I was surprised to see Shum's name show up in the Coasts starting order since he hasn't competed all season. I'm hoping he will be back next season.

Happy there is live Sectionals skating to watch this year!

ETA: Barbie Long landed 3Lz+3T and 3F & 2A in second half and leads with 51.99. Mariah Bell is up now.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 11-11-2012 at 03:17 PM.

Title-less
    vCash
    I thought Mariah doubled her combo but perhaps not? I Didn't see clearly. Score 51.31.

ETA: Thx, Sylvia!

eta: Ouch for Katia Spilband. Fell on lutz and doubled flip. Lively footwork though
    Last edited by jlai; 11-11-2012 at 03:32 PM.

vCash
    Mariah 3Lz+2T, 3F, 2A..looked strong and ready for Nationals!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlai View Post
    I thought Mariah doubled her combo but perhaps not? I Didn't see clearly. Score 51.31.
    Toe loop looked like a double to me, but I think her lutz was a triple. I was worried about the speed difference coming across on livestream, but no issues with that so far.

ETA: was it my feed or was Katia Shpilband very nervy and stumbling around on ftwk and a few connecting moves?

vCash
    So did Katia Shpilband switch to SC of NY last year because she thought Easterns was easier only to switch back to Mids this yr?

vCash
    Yes, that's correct. No clue how she got full credit for rotation on that lutz..I thought it was clearly UR in real time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Yes, that's correct. No clue how she got full credit for rotation on that lutz..I thought it was clearly UR in real time.
    She fell on her right (landing) side, which usually, but not always, is a sign that a jump is fully rotated. I guess the judges thought it was. Her flip was a triple. But she did look very slow and seemed to slip a couple times. I was hoping she would make Nats this year.

Although her FS score at Regionals was higher than some of the girls ahead of her here, and she's only 2 points out of 4th, so I'm hoping she'll have a really good skate on Tuesday.

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast