Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by centerstage01 View Post
    I didn't know I was cheering for her so hard but I was honestly crushed for Chef Faulkner. I had her pegged to win the whole thing. Now I'm totally behind Freitag and/or Guarneschelli to win. The three men left aren't worth it.
    I was crushed as well. I guess I will throw my support behind Freitag because Guarneschelli rubs me the wrong way.

vCash
    Whereas I find Freitag boring as Hell. Definitely would pick Guarneschelli over Freitag, but I really wanted a Mehta/Falkner showdown for the final. Maybe while none of us is looking, Appleman will take the whole thing; say what you want about him, but he's a very strong competitor. A Vigneron win would be fun just to see heads explode.

Really, really gutted for Falkner. I can't believe it's over for her. Judges looked like they couldn't believe it either.

vCash
    I wonder why the judges decided as they did; as they obviously were upset over doing so.
    Chef Faulkner was devastated.

The title/honor of "Iron Chef" really matters to these people; even if it's only a "reality show".

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    A Vigneron win would be a great thing for the producers, because all of that molecular gastronomy, with all of its smoke and NASA food, makes good television. Plus, it would make Appleman's head explode.

Freitag might be dull, but the judges seem to like her food.

If Appleman wins, I hope none of the contestants pick him.

I thought Faulkner should have won last year. Not having tasted any of the food, of course.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Big fan of Guarneschelli outside of the show: On this show she is so intense that I just want to stay out of her way. Now that Faulkner is out I think Alex and Mehta are the top contenders.

vCash
    I agree!
    Alex knows what's expected, and really wants the position.

I thought that Mehta should have won during his first appearance.
    The two of them would make for a great finale.

vCash
    Creating drama!

vCash
    Well so much for what I think!

vCash
    Does anyone else think that Elton appreciates Mehta's food but doesn't really like Mehta the human being? I couldn't help think that in the judging for the secret ingredient challenge.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    I"m with both of you!

The judges seemed to think that neither Chef Appelman or Chef Mehta's dish was really Iron Chef "worthy".
    I wonder what they could do in 30 minutes that would meet their standards!

vCash
    I can't imagine Appelman as an Iron Chef. His personality is just not made for TV. Plus he always seems kind of, um, disturbed and not quite stable.

I didn't watch the season in which Mehta first competed, but I recall something was said at the start of this season about Mehta being "the bad guy" on his first season. I don't care - I like him. Unlike Appelman, he is intense, but serene.
    Creating drama!

vCash
    I can't imagine either Appelman or Marcel as an Iron Chef.
    Neither seem to have the range of knowledge, or temperament needed for the job.

I will miss Chef Mehta.

vCash
    Marcel is bright but seems incapable of truly acting graciously whether he wins or loses---maybe they want that cockiness though. I'm still rooting for Alex but the last two weeks shows me that they are not afraid to send great chefs packing.

I had a problem with the challenge this week: I don't watch Iron Chef regularly but I understand it is one ingredient prepared with several variations. In competition the chefs are able to pick their complementary ingredients and I don't think you would see iron chef ever selecting peppermint to go with calimari (for example.) Why not give them one ingredient and then let them select another ingredient to show fusion rather than providing combinations you would never see in competition?

vCash
    doublepost

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Vigneron may be the bookend to the Next Food Network Star guy: young, interested in the science, original for the audience, etc. He isn't nearly as personable, though.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    There were a few times last night I wanted to punch Marcel in the nads. I'm sure the guy can cook but why would Food Network want someone so unlikeable to be the main focus of a show?? Cocky little bastard needs to be taken down a few thousand notches. His mysogynistic pal Appleman can vanish with him as far as I'm concerned.

Who knew that I'd miss the relative civility of Top Chef Masters after watching this show??

vCash
    ^^^
    This is why I don't think either of them will be the next Iron Chef.
    The producers won't want either one of them to represent the brand/Food Network.

vCash
    Watch the final be Vigneron vs. Appelman!
    Creating drama!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    ^^^
    This is why I don't think either of them will be the next Iron Chef.
    The producers won't want either one of them to represent the brand/Food Network.
    Those rooting for Marcel (me being one) or Appleman beg to differ.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by centerstage01 View Post
    I'm sure the guy can cook but why would Food Network want someone so unlikeable to be the main focus of a show??
    The Iron Chef format, though, doesn't make the Iron Chef the main focus of the show. The challenger is equally, if not more, central, and the camera people spend a lot of time filming the sous chefs working. The most screen time the IC gets is when he or she presents the plates to the judges and gives an intro.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast