Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    Big fan of Guarneschelli outside of the show: On this show she is so intense that I just want to stay out of her way.
    I'm the opposite. I never really liked her until she was on this show.

Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    A Vigneron win would be a great thing for the producers, because all of that molecular gastronomy, with all of its smoke and NASA food, makes good television.
    I think that there are a lot of people who can't stand him. Like me. I watch despite his presence. I would never watch an episode of Iron Chef if he were on the episode. He's obnoxious and I think he's more interested in molecular gastronomy than in tasty food. His cooking became boring to me a long time ago.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I don't watch Iron Chef for the Iron Chefs very often: I'm usually watching and rooting for the contestants anyway.

They might be able to spin a badass Iron Chef, one that people root against.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    I think that there are a lot of people who can't stand him. Like me. I watch despite his presence. I would never watch an episode of Iron Chef if he were on the episode. He's obnoxious and I think he's more interested in molecular gastronomy than in tasty food. His cooking became boring to me a long time ago.
    Ding! Ding! Ding!

vCash
    If someone as arrogant and conceited as elitist, know-it-all Zakarian can win, anyone can.

Funny, but I've never watch a complete episode of Iron Chef America, tho I used to watch the original IC religiously.

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    Same here...I even have the book.
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reuven View Post
    Same here...I even have the book
    Per the reviews, the book sounds cool...more of a behind-the-scenes look than a cookbook.

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    It has a run-down of all the episodes, the challengers, The Iron Chefs, and the ingredient(s). Interviews with various people involved. Interesting read for the die-hard fan of the Original IC.
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

vCash
    Will it be Chef A or Chef A? Pins and needles time...

vCash
    Alex and Amanda are two of my favorites from Chopped, I will be happy to see either of them take it this time

vCash
    My favorite won but I would have been happy either way and was sorry to see Elizabeth F. out of the competition so early. I would love to see all three of these women as iron chefs.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    How far behind is Canada? I thought it was one week, and that the US saw one of the three eliminated tonight, an episode we'll see in Canada tomorrow night. Did the US see the Kitchen Stadium final tonight?

I'm still sad about Faulkner (and Takashi Yagihashi on Top Chef Masters).
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    [QUOTE=kwanfan1818;3777821]How far behind is Canada? I thought it was one week, and that the US saw one of the three eliminated tonight, an episode we'll see in Canada tomorrow night. Did the US see the Kitchen Stadium final tonight?

[QUOTE]

In one episode, they went from three to two and also had the finale in kitchen stadium. The new Iron Chef's first show airs next Sunday. I was surprised Alex won because I thought they were going to go with Freitag's creativity, but I would have been fine with either one.

vCash
    I suspect Freitag was stunned but she is so gracious that we may never know her true feelings. I say this supporting Alex fully but it felt like it was Freitag's to lose as she seemed to be sailing along to the end. I did think one of the judges made a good point about the "melding" ability Alex showed to them. And that dessert looked delicious.

vCash
    I really like both Amanda and Alex, so I was happy with either one winning.

Amanda is just so perky! Haha.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Thank you, Allstate -- I didn't realize it was a single show with both phases.

vCash
    I'm very pleased for Alex!
    I'm looking forward to watching her as an Iron Chef.

This time, the judges chose the chef with the best "execution"/tasting dishes.
    They've chosen "creativity" in the past.

It must have been a very close, difficult decision.
    I would have been happy with either one of them as the winner.

vCash
    I felt bad for Amanda but like Alex too. Are we going to continue to see Chopped judges making it to Iron Chef?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123