Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    I have just found this video on youtube to the music of the opening number, Somebody That I Used To Know:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RtmeBb-Azo
    Not a skating video but worth watching. =)

vCash
    That is awesome, midori! The whole cast in an unique video, and very fitting for the song. Really enjoyed that, thanks for sharing!

vCash
    That was fun. I looked on the SOI website to see if it was there(no), but there were some good photos. Wish they did more with the site. Stuff like that video would be great. They had an interview section, but no interviews. Last year there was a great interview from John Zimmerman.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    2 shows coming up this weekend:

2 March 2013: Anaheim, CA, Honda Center
    3 March 2013: San Jose, CA, HP Pavillion

Cross-posting this Orange County (Calif.) Register article: Dorothy Hamill hits the ice in O.C. – and the dance floor
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Browning, Hamill pair up for ‘Stars on Ice’
    http://www.pe.com/iguide/theater-and....mqU1fVVB.dpuf

vCash
    Just saw the Anaheim show on Saturday. It was amazing. I can't understand why so few people go these days -- I traveled up from San Diego to go.

I noticed that none of the reviews included Dorothy's second number, the one in the white dress. I didn't realize until today that it wasn't included in the set list. Does anyone know what music she used for that?

vCash
    I agree that Anaheim was a great show ... I traveled down from Ventura. They had ads for the 2014 SOI tour ... maybe, they hope that Olys will turn things around.

vCash
    Last two this weekend - Rosemont, IL (outside Chicago) on Friday and Portland, ME on Sunday. I am excited to be going; there are an even dozen of us Kulik's Krew members from Seattle to North Carolina who will be meeting in Chicago for the show.
    Last edited by Willowway; 03-06-2013 at 08:28 PM.

vCash
    I was at the Anaheim show, too, and loved it! I loved how the audience was dead quiet when Kurt was skating "Singin in the Rain" and then gave him a standing ovation. Dorothy has just amazing presence. Lots of favorite parts, but the ones I especially liked were Joannie Rochette skating to Sade's "Is It a Crime" (she was smokin' hot), Katia and Ilia doing the pairs, and Ryan Bradley coming out looking like Harry Potter.

vCash
    I was going to go to the Anaheim show but I got sick. Sigh. I'm so, so sad I missed it.

vCash
    I enjoyed both of Shawn Sawyer's numbers, especially the 2nd number. Lots of flexibility and unique artistry. I noticed that most of the autographed photos were recycled from last year. I guess they're cutting down on costs.

vCash
    Forgot to add, Richard Dornbush and Sean Rabbitt were a few seats in front of me in Anaheim.

Don't know if anybody noticed, but at the end of Dorothy and Kurt's number, it looked like she slipped and Kurt made a quick change in choreography to make it look like it was planned. Very cute!

what a glorious day!
    vCash
    Looking forward to the Friday March 8th show in Chicago (Rosemont). Anyone else (hi Willowway!) going? It's good to know the tour has been well received again this year.

vCash
    Waaaaahh! Stuck in Newark airport and will miss Kurt & Dorothy.

Gd business trips! At least I didn't get SOI tix yet, but still...pity party of 1.

Hope everyone has a great time!

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Any reports from the Chicago show and the Portland, Maine finale today?

2 articles from before the Chicago show:

Browning's bittersweet goodbye to 'Stars on Ice': http://www.nwitimes.com/entertainmen...9282f9d5c.html

Speaking with Dorothy Hamill: http://www.suntimes.com/entertainmen...ll-030813.html
    Last edited by Sylvia; 03-11-2013 at 02:45 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Saw the Portland show. So worth the 3.5 hr drive each way! Crowd was good - probably more than half full.
    Kurt was amazing - loved seeing 'Singin in the rain' and his duet with Dorothy was so sweet
    Dorothy is just amazing to watch, her posture and edges.
    Fun to see the NavBoms!
    The Kerrs - just fun, so glad to see the Scottish folk dance again. And with the bows, John shows what is under his kilt - black shorts!
    Katia and Ilia - separately and the pair moves - just beautiful. I am pretty sure Ilia did a 3 lutz (not 100% sure).
    Sawyer is very cool to watch, nice moves.
    Ryan - more polished, nice to see that improvement.
    Joanie - really like her programs, shows personality, not the 'standard female ballads.
    Kurt spoke at the end very sweet 'Most people get a gold watch when they retire, I get Dorothy Hamill'
    and how he stole moves and hair style from Scott.
    So hoping they hit more cities next year! First time I have seen SOI in a couple of years due to being far away.
    (and to think I am in Hartford, CT, and had Hartford, Worcester, Providence, Bridgeport, and Newark as options, plus Albany in the past)

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    Saw the Portland show. So worth the 3.5 hr drive each way! Crowd was good - probably more than half full.
    Kurt was amazing - loved seeing 'Singin in the rain' and his duet with Dorothy was so sweet
    Dorothy is just amazing to watch, her posture and edges.
    Fun to see the NavBoms!
    The Kerrs - just fun, so glad to see the Scottish folk dance again. And with the bows, John shows what is under his kilt - black shorts!
    Katia and Ilia - separately and the pair moves - just beautiful. I am pretty sure Ilia did a 3 lutz (not 100% sure).
    Sawyer is very cool to watch, nice moves.
    Ryan - more polished, nice to see that improvement.
    Joanie - really like her programs, shows personality, not the 'standard female ballads.
    Kurt spoke at the end very sweet 'Most people get a gold watch when they retire, I get Dorothy Hamill'
    and how he stole moves and hair style from Scott.
    So hoping they hit more cities next year! First time I have seen SOI in a couple of years due to being far away.
    (and to think I am in Hartford, CT, and had Hartford, Worcester, Providence, Bridgeport, and Newark as options, plus Albany in the past)
    I went to the LA show, and it seemed that Ilia ONLY did 3lutzes! I wish he'd had better programs though. Just didn't like the music he was given.

Shawn is SUCH a great show skater. I've seen him in competition a few times, but this was a lot better!

Dorothy is just divine. And she sure doesn't look like she's 56! People clapped and cheered when she did her layback spin, and the woman behind me asked, "Is that hard?" Well, she's probably older than you, lady!

Katia can't really jump, but her edge work is second to none, for sure!

And ahhh, Kurt! So glad I could see him perform for the last time in the US. There will not be anyone like him, ever. I still hold out hope though - he got into the audience for a few minutes to watch Joannie's second number and he looked quite spry jumping over the barrier.

vCash
    I don't know if anyone cares anymore since it's been three weeks, but I've finally gotten my photos from the Anaheim show processed and up. Still working on the San Jose show photos (which are actually better - lighting was way better!).

Here are my Anaheim photos:
    http://www.kurtfiles.com/pics/event....on+Ice&search=

It was a great show!

vCash
    Thanks, Teenes! I enjoyed looking through the photos. Some of the costumes look a bit... familiar. ;-) Whatever it takes to keep the show going. I hope they come back strong next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Teenes View Post
    I don't know if anyone cares anymore since it's been three weeks, but I've finally gotten my photos from the Anaheim show processed and up. Still working on the San Jose show photos (which are actually better - lighting was way better!).

Here are my Anaheim photos:
    http://www.kurtfiles.com/pics/event....on+Ice&search=

It was a great show!
    Thanks for those!! Ryan Bradley is darling as Harry Potter! Would never have thought he looked like Daniel whats-his-name.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast