vCash

Breeder's Cup 2012

That time of the year again!

BC races will be televised on NBC Sports (the old Versus cable channel) on Friday 4pm and Saturday 3:30pm. The BC Classic will be shown at prime time on NBC at 8pm.

Live streaming of the entire BC races can be seen Here

That's also a great site for full info and entry lists.

No Zenyatta or Goldikova this year, but a fabulous field for the Ladies Classic featuring Royal Delta and 2 undefeated mares (Awesome Feather (10 for 10) and My Miss Aurelia).

vCash
    Calidoscopio! Now that's how you win a distance race.

I expect a lot more South American runners in future runnings of the Marathon.

The Juvenile Sprint was

vCash
    NC won't let me bet. : I had 4 winners on the day, everyone but Royal Delta a better than $10 payoff.
    (((Questing))). Hope she's ok...vet said no lameness seen, unknown why she wouldn't run today.

vCash
    Royal Delta was awesome! Hope today's Classic will be just as good as yesterday's!

And the CANTER-MidAtlantic segment was great! This is the group I volunteer with. Jess did a great job. They filmed the segment about a week ago. Nice to see NBC giving a thought to thoroughbred after-care.

vCash
    In celebrity Breeder's Cup news, sport talk show host Jim Rome has a horse running today in the Turf Sprint, the filly Mizdirection. Evidently the filly actually has a shot at it...

vCash
    Totally awesome 2nd place finish for KY Derby winner Animal Kingdom in the Turf Mile!!!! Has not run since January and was trained up to this race by Graham Motion. Of course congrats to Wise Dan for the win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KHenry14 View Post
    In celebrity Breeder's Cup news, sport talk show host Jim Rome has a horse running today in the Turf Sprint, the filly Mizdirection. Evidently the filly actually has a shot at it...
    More than a shot....she won!

vCash
    I was so proud of Animal Kingdom! He really was flying! If only he'd gotten in the clear sooner, though Wise Dan was awesome. But I love Animal Kingdom. He has so much heart and is so kind. His nose is so soft and he takes carrots and peppermints dainty as can be. Sigh.

Congrats to Fort Larned! Quite an exciting race was the classic!

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Between still getting over a flu bug and only remembering in time to see the Ladies Classic yesterday and no power here until just before the switch to NBC Prime Time and the BC Classic tonight, those were the only two races any of us in our Family saw this year. Quite the couple of races to see though.

I really though Macho Macho Man was going to catch Fort Larned there, but just ran out of track and time. What a great race though. Also though Royal Delta ran such a gorgeous, gorgeous race yesterday. Her gait going down that backstretch was literally poetry in motion. Beautiful.

Any word on Questing today?

Oh I wish I could have seen Animal Kingdom run today. He's become a favourite of mine thanks to sk8pics' stories she's told us from meeting him. Awesome result for him today!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    Oh I wish I could have seen Animal Kingdom run today. He's become a favourite of mine thanks to sk8pics' stories she's told us from meeting him. Awesome result for him today!!
    I think all the races are up on the Breeders' Cup website. They also showed a clip of some people visiting Animal Kingdom while he was on stall rest at Fair Hill, feeding him carrots and petting him. Wasn't us, LOL. They said they are going to run him next year, too, which is great. I just hope he stays healthy! He did an awesome job! Wait til you see him shoot out of the pack, running so much faster than everyone else, but just running out of time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    Any word on Questing today?
    Questing came out sound, but had a swollen, closed left eye (?dirt kickback?). They are sending her back to KY to be fully looked over.

vCash

vCash
    Enjoyed every moment that I saw yesterday. And yes, wow, Animal kingdom was really flying at the end. I was so hoping he'd get it. Still, great stuff. I love this event and have watched it since it started so many years ago. Everyone else looks at me like, what, you are all excited about watching horse racing all day? My answer: Yup!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skipaway View Post
    Totally awesome 2nd place finish for KY Derby winner Animal Kingdom in the Turf Mile!!!! Has not run since January and was trained up to this race by Graham Motion. Of course congrats to Wise Dan for the win.
    Love, love, love this horse! So happy for his second place finish.

vCash
    Here's a nice piece on Animal Kingdom.

vCash
    Thanks for that piece on Animal Kingdom. I saw it on Facebook, too. I love that boy. Hope he comes back to Fair Hill some time so I can see him again, feed him carrots and peppermints and pet his nose.

vCash
    For Animal Kingdom fans, another article about his plans for 2013.