Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    I used to live in Adam's curls, but he cut them - so now I'm homeless. =o(
    Posts
    191
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

    Remember that skater...

    I think she was from Japan. It was a few years back, she was doing a camel spin (or illusions), went of balance and fell out of the spin. I think she was wearing a white dress. Anyone remember that and know her name?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    11,159
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I remember Yukari Nakano once fell on her flying camel at 4CCs around 10 years ago. She worked so hard that it became her signature spin.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    I used to live in Adam's curls, but he cut them - so now I'm homeless. =o(
    Posts
    191
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I remember Yukari Nakano once fell on her flying camel at 4CCs around 10 years ago. She worked so hard that it became her signature spin.
    Thank yoooou! I'll see if I can find the video! :hug:

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    I used to live in Adam's curls, but he cut them - so now I'm homeless. =o(
    Posts
    191
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I can't find the video, so I can't be sure. =o(

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    I used to live in Adam's curls, but he cut them - so now I'm homeless. =o(
    Posts
    191
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Does anyone have the video...and would be nice enough to upload it to youtube?

  6. #6
    Banned Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In my bedroom flipping the light on/off
    Posts
    916
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    I think she was from Japan. It was a few years back, she was doing a camel spin (or illusions), went of balance and fell out of the spin. I think she was wearing a white dress. Anyone remember that and know her name?

    Thanks.
    I think you are referring to Shizuka Arakawa at 2003 Worlds SP to Bondage Swan Lake. She nailed the entire performance up until her last combo spin where she wiped out on her camel. Has to be the one you're thinking about. It was the first thing that came to my mind.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yRkcOD2nIc

    ETA: Technically she wasn't in her camel spin yet, and if by a few years ago you mean ten years ago, then that's your skater. Time flies.
    Last edited by Alex Forrest; 11-02-2012 at 09:43 PM.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    190
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    I think she was from Japan. It was a few years back, she was doing a camel spin (or illusions), went of balance and fell out of the spin. I think she was wearing a white dress. Anyone remember that and know her name?

    Thanks.
    I totally remember this! It was Nakano. But I think it was at a GP, not 4CCs. I think it was TEB.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    190
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    It was 2002 Trophee Lalique. This article references it:
    http://www.flutzingaround.com/2010/0...tirement.html#!

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    I used to live in Adam's curls, but he cut them - so now I'm homeless. =o(
    Posts
    191
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Forrest View Post
    I think you are referring to Shizuka Arakawa at 2003 Worlds SP to Bondage Swan Lake. She nailed the entire performance up until her last combo spin where she wiped out on her camel. Has to be the one you're thinking about. It was the first thing that came to my mind.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yRkcOD2nIc

    ETA: Technically she wasn't in her camel spin yet, and if by a few years ago you mean ten years ago, then that's your skater. Time flies.
    Quote Originally Posted by nanigirl View Post
    I totally remember this! It was Nakano. But I think it was at a GP, not 4CCs. I think it was TEB.
    Quote Originally Posted by nanigirl View Post
    It was 2002 Trophee Lalique. This article references it:
    http://www.flutzingaround.com/2010/0...tirement.html#!
    Thank you both for your help! I'll see if I can find the video! :hug:

  10. #10
    YEAH!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Worshipping Grebenkina...
    Posts
    13,784
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    10350
    Quote Originally Posted by nanigirl View Post
    I totally remember this! It was Nakano. But I think it was at a GP, not 4CCs. I think it was TEB.
    I remember that. Dick or Peggy said something like "now she's going into her flying camel spin" and Terry Gannon was like "yeah it's literally flying."

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    I used to live in Adam's curls, but he cut them - so now I'm homeless. =o(
    Posts
    191
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I can't find the video. -_-

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    11,159
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by nanigirl View Post
    I totally remember this! It was Nakano. But I think it was at a GP, not 4CCs. I think it was TEB.
    Oops. Thanks.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •